• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's official.The Knicks are the worst team in the NBA

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what.......8 games? It's a very small sample size.

Let's see his final numbers at the end of the year, they won't be what they are now.

In that Shumpert will be taking some of his minutes I would agree. The real indicators for Smith will be how good of a teammate he is and how well he is spreading the floor- If he keeps his 3pt % around 40 percent and he averages double digits in points- he will more than make up for whatever the Cavs were getting from Dion.

And as i have said- If i was choosing who i would rather have on last years Cavs- Dion or Smith- its easy- its Dion. Dion has the ability to be a #2 guy on a mediocre team or a #3,, or#4 guy on a good team once he is finished developing.

However, on this Cavs team- its not even really close- Jr Smith is a much better fit. Dion had serious issues coming off the bench, he clashed with Kyrie at times, and as Mecca said- he generally thought he was much better than he was.

On the Cavs when you have LeBron, Love and Kyrie- the last thing you need is a guy not willing to accept a bench role and defer to the genuine super star talent you have on the roster.

Jr Smith has PROVED he can accept a bench role. He has proved he is a very good and pure outside shooter that should GREATLY benefit from the floor spacing that the Cavs big 3 provide- and there is very little pressure on him since he doesnt need to have a great game for the Cavs to win.

That and he has to be happy going from being on a disfunctional disgrace of a team led by a crazy owner and a selfish superstar to being on a team competing for a title with who is regarded as the most selfless superstar in todays game with an owner willing to go to great lengths.

If i am wrong some wehre please tell me

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what.......8 games? It's a very small sample size.

Let's see his final numbers at the end of the year, they won't be what they are now.

8 games is all we have to go on- so thats what i was analyzing. Of course there is a ton of season left and w will see where he is at then.

but it would be ignorant to say that at this point he has been way more than even the Cavs could have hoped for and has more than adequately replaced Dion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still an idiot. You want to say the knicks were without their best player? :L

I agree. The TWolves have had a ton of injuries. And when two teams are so close in wins and losses and you are saying who is better or worse its hard for me to ignore what the rosters are and what the teams will look like going forward.

I KNOW that the Twolves have a MUCH more attractive roster- and unlike the Knicks (who have their pick this year but not next year) have all their first round picks

I mean, who's roster would you rather have?

Knicks for next year-
Carmelo Anthony who will be 31 when next season starts and will be coming off of knee surgery
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Shane Larkin
Cleanthony Early
Jose Calderon

OR

Twolves for Next year
Ricky Rubio
Andrew Wiggins
Zach Levine
Nikola Pekovic
Anthony Bennett
Shabazz Muahammed
Gorgei Deing
Glen Robinson III

i mean its not even close- The Knicks really have nothing but Carmelo Anthony who is starting to decline and is oft injured- and Tim Hardaway who has proved he can be a solid bench player....that and overpaying Calderon for a few more years

the TWolves have Rubio- who if he ever learned how to shoot would be damn good, Wiggins who has looked up tothe hype thus far, Levine who has looked solid, Shabazz Muahammed was extremely hyped coming out of high school and looks to be realizing some of that potential. Deing is a very good young big man, Bennet has talent....Pekovic would EASILY by the 2nd best Knick just byhimself.

If you lined these guys up from 1-10- in who i would like on my roster for the next 5 years it would look like
1. Wiggins
2. Melo
3. Rubio
4. Pekovic
5. Levine
6. Deing
7. Muahammed
8. Bennett
9. Hardaway Jr.
10. Calderon (i guess)

I mean, no sane person would EVER pick the Knicks over the Twolves roster- even considering the knicks cap space- which last time they had it they heavily invested in Chandler and Amare and then put a ton of money into Barganini.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at the Knicks. Oh hell, LOL at the entire city of New York for allowing decades of this absurdity.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is sad about some of the players in the NBA.

Carmelo is going to play in the all-star game, then shut down his season due to injury. :L

What a TEAM player!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twolves for Next year
Ricky Rubio
Andrew Wiggins
Zach Levine
Nikola Pekovic
Anthony Bennett
Shabazz Muahammed
Gorgei Deing
Glen Robinson III

And you forgot about about Kevin Martin who is criminally underrated and is still at the ripe old age of 32 is still one of the top 25 offensive players or so in the league.

The Wolves are actually a pretty decent team right now that they have everyone back and healthy. They didn't have their best 3 players for most of the season is all and have been playing without a real PG all season. If everyone would have been healthy the entire year, this team would have flirted with 40 wins even playing in the West.

If they were healthy and played in the East, they are a playoff team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo should've gone to Chicago. Maybe it's a good thing for the bulls that he didn't, right?

I think that it's becoming pretty clear that no NBA team that wants to be good should want to have Melo.
I wonder if he's still in on an Indy racing team with Gene Simmons? I saw that announcement years ago and wondered why the kid wasn't focusing on basketball instead of his "brand".

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is sad about some of the players in the NBA.

Carmelo is going to play in the all-star game, then shut down his season due to injury. :L

What a TEAM player!

From an ESPN story about Melo and Simmons getting involved in Indy...
'What might seem like an odd partnership- fire-breathing rocker, inner-city baller, struggling sport-really isn't. Simmons' legendary ability to make just about anything cool can be summarized in two words: KISS Kaskets (yes, pine boxes for the eternally devoted). And despite his youth, Anthony knows exactly how many doors basketball can open. Shoe deal, clothing line and record label in hand, he's proud to venture outside his comfort zone as the youngest team owner in Indy history. "Here I am, involved in one of the biggest sporting events out there," Melo says. "I don't think too many people in my position would have tried to cross over like that." Simmons calls those people fools: "The smartest thing Carmelo ever did was listen to us when we said, 'Get off that f-ing basketball court.'"'

Should have stayed off!!!

INDY ROCK - ESPN