• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's official...Bo needs to go

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo has literally zero good wins tho lou.. i guess we can settle for 2nd tier success.. but no thanks from me

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo has literally zero good wins tho lou.. i guess we can settle for 2nd tier success.. but no thanks from me

Bo is not having 2nd tier success. 2nd tier is 8-15th nationally w/ a good win sprinkled in now and then.

Nebraska is 3rd tier though. 15-25th nationally.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you are coming from IRTS. And Im not satisfied with blowouts. I do honestly think that we are close to seeing Bo turn the bend as far as knowing how to finish a game.

Im no guru on coaching its just a hunch. I do know I dont want another 4 year breakin period for a new HC. Nebraska is not the big draw we think it is.Players like warm weather and bright lights these days.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. If we want to settle for 3rd tier.. i guess thats ok

I don't.

2nd tier should be regular with occasional top tiers and very rare third tiers.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you played sports back in the day, you'll know that it's hard to trust a coach that allows your team to get blown clear out of the water.

These guys remember last year.....they remember getting embarrassed on National TV in the Championship game.

As soon as a team like UCLA starts to have success, they all start to think last year is going to happen all over again.

The only way to fix this problem is to axe the reason for it all happening to begin with. There are no excuses for letting Wisconsin do what they did to us last year......it was the coach who was responsible. He is the problem.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou, I am away from the husker fanbase but even down here Pelini has a reputation and that is not as a defensive genius but of getting blown out.

I don't know how many times I was asked last year if I thought Pelini would be fired at the end of the season. People are wondering why everyone but us can see that he is a huge failure.

Coaches will not look at this as the same as Solich. Solich was cut off at the knees. Pelini has had every opportunity imaginable.

As for the players, yeah players like warm weather but Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and on and on recruit and compete with what they can recruit.

And I hate the idea of going through another 4 year rebuild but it appears like not going through it would be even worse.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets make it fourth tier, honorable mention in polls. At least they are still getting a few votes.

Fucking pathetic

Yeah, 4th tier atm.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th tier, wouldn't that be sweet, I can't even imagine what that level would feel like, must be nice though

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th tier??

I bet I know what it feels like. I'll bet it's like when you're a team who wins games that you should win, but gets blown out by teams that you're supposed to play with

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th tier??

I bet I know what it feels like. I'll bet it's like when you're a team who wins games that you should win, but gets blown out by teams that you're supposed to play with

Someday, someday

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Somebody removed it already from her page

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou, I am away from the husker fanbase but even down here Pelini has a reputation and that is not as a defensive genius but of getting blown out.

I don't know how many times I was asked last year if I thought Pelini would be fired at the end of the season. People are wondering why everyone but us can see that he is a huge failure.

Coaches will not look at this as the same as Solich. Solich was cut off at the knees. Pelini has had every opportunity imaginable.

As for the players, yeah players like warm weather but Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and on and on recruit and compete with what they can recruit.

And I hate the idea of going through another 4 year rebuild but it appears like not going through it would be even worse.

You have good points and I respect your opinion. Im just a worrier. Ihate change.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you guys have some pretty tight "tier" standards.

I would consider top 15 as 1st tier. If you have a program in that range you are within striking distance of #1 with a good season.
15-30 would be 2nd tier. There are about 120 FBS teams out there. Top 25% would qualify as top tier in most things.
Anything outside the top 30 is 3rd tier.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tom. And given the year prolly would call top 25 first tier

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really having a hard time putting into words how I feel about yesterdays game. A good start followed by a train wreck? It literally made me sick to watch the team I love absolutely meltdown. Icant stand watching the Skers get beat by a better team let alone see them self destruct after a 21-3 lead.

That being said I absolutely can not imagine firing a guy who hasnt had a losing season with us. We did that once and as I recall it didnt turn out to well. Years ago I remember OSU firing Cooper and thinking " man what a bunch of whiney pukes" . I dont want our fanbase to be thought of that way. Bo is far from perfect, but he is a hell of a lot better than we give him credit for. It wasnt long ago he took Cosgroves D and had them ranked in the top 20 in 1 season.

We can do a fuck of a lot worse guys. Just sayin , take it for what its worth.
-------
It was a half decade ago and now he's using all his won people. I am not an advocate of change for the sake of change. Nor do I expect us to go undefeated every year or win a conference chmapionship every year. What I do expect is for any coach to avoid the high number of blowouts that we have had under the last two HCs. There is no excuse for that crap. Yes, even under TO we had an occasional drubbing, but they were farther and fewer than what we've been seiing in the last decade.

Everone was after Bo to dump Watson so now we have Beck. Now they want to get rid of Papuchis. I don't see that either one is bringing that much to the table. Those decisions fall on the HC shoulders and quite frankly I sincerely believe we can do better for a HC.

GBR

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously see tiers about like RA explained it.

If you are in the top tier then you are a National Championship contending team. You gotta be in the top 10 somewhere.

I see Nebraska as a middle of the road team. I don't like to look at teams in terms of rankings anyways. Who is to say Nebraska really is a "top 25" team. If we can't beat anyone in the top 25 then as far as I'm concerned we are no better than half of the field.

In other words, there are 125 teams, we're as good as 60th or so to me. Until we can prove otherwise.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really about # of losses for AQ's and it's pretty consistent in the final polls.

Undefeated, 1 loss, and only a couple of 2 loss teams are Top Tier. (approx. #1-8)

The rest of the 2 loss teams are 2nd Tier. (approx. #9-15)

3 and 4 loss teams are 3rd Tier. (#16 - 25)

5 losses or more are generally unranked and 4th Tier.