• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's getting old

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see people on here say Kaepernick has no hope at being successful, but also talk about Alex Boone as if he's the answer to all our OL problems, and talk about Dobbs, Williams and RJF as if they're the future of the DL.

So undrafted and late round picks are the future in the trenches (all 4 are going to be great), but the 2nd round QB is a bust already. . . ?

Mhmm

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Kilgore, whom the Niners traded up in the 5th round to get, will be the answer at RG but Kaep, whom the Niners traded up in the 2nd round to get, will NOT be the answer at QB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's absolutely no way Kap can match Alex's numbers from last season. 17 TDs in 16 games is untouchable.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, i by no means am one of the people suggesting neither Boone, Dobbs, or Williams is the future of this team. RJF has at least shown me something to suggest he could be, but i am not convinced of that yet either.

As for Kaepernick, I don't understand why some people think he is ready to be our starter when he hasn't shown that he can lead this team. To me his footwork and mechanics are still very raw.

Clyde, i know you think he can do what Alex Smith did and i am not doubting that he can make the throws, but you act as if Alex making very few mistakes is an easy thing to come by. Can CK have as much success holding onto the ball when he gets hit, read the Defenses properly enough to know where not to throw it, and avoid pressure in the pocket? He definitely didn't show that in the preseason.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, i know you think he can do what Alex Smith did and i am not doubting that he can make the throws, but you act as if Alex making very few mistakes is an easy thing to come by. Can CK have as much success holding onto the ball when he gets hit, read the Defenses properly enough to know where not to throw it, and avoid pressure in the pocket? He definitely didn't show that in the preseason.

I've conceited time and time again that CK will throw more INTs that Alex. I also think that 2012 Alex will throw more INTs than 2011 Alex.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought boone played well when staley got hurt.

i considered kap to be a reach in the 3rd round. some like his potential some dont. he wouldn't be the first qb in the world to crash and burn. not every qb can even put up 17 tds in a season. how many qb's last year had more attempts and less tds than smith?

what is getting old is the notion that we can grab someone from burger king to replace smith and get the same production.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i considered kap to be a reach in the 3rd round. some like his potential some dont. he wouldn't be the first qb in the world to crash and burn. not every qb can even put up 17 tds in a season. how many qb's last year had more attempts and less tds than smith?

what is getting old is the notion that we can grab someone from burger king to replace smith and get the same production.

You are ridiculous. If Smith were as good as you believe him to be, don't you think his HC, a former QB himself, would want to air it out a bit more then second to last in the league? I have to check the record, but I'm pretty sure Luck threw more attempts in Harbaugh's last season with Stanford (12 or 13 games) then Alex in his 16 games last season. Do you watch the games? Don't you see Smith missing open WRs, blowing line reads, and consistently blowing up ad-lib plays? Oh, but Tebow forbid we question Smith's ability to improve after having his hand held all season long with more cautious play then a Tom Osbourne wishbone. I'm assuming you like seeing Smith roll out and hit his WRs' shoes with a ball at their feet...."he throws the ball away really well though!"

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've conceited time and time again that CK will throw more INTs that Alex. I also think that 2012 Alex will throw more INTs than 2011 Alex.

Well i apologize. I've never seen you say it.

I don't expect Alex to throw as few INT's either. I also expect him to have more TD's.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
air it out to who? every qb misses passes. smith was 11th in the league in %... nothing great, but decent.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Barry Simms played well when Staley was hurt too.

Not every OT and DL can be great. These guys went undrafted for a reason.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
air it out to who? every qb misses passes. smith was 11th in the league in %... nothing great, but decent.

Your argument is tired. He had two TE mismatches, one of the better OL in the NFC, and a strong running game. His completion % has more to do with dump offs to Gore or Hunter then it did anything else and if you choose to disagree then look at his yards per completion and see how that stacks up with the rest of the league.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our offensive line was not one of the better ones in the nfc. at one point early in the year everyone was saying gore was washed up. then the blocking was adjusted and holes started to open up. our line had tons of penalties and ranked pretty low on pass protection. so don't give me our line is good when it clearly wasn't. why did staley get his underwear in a knot when the line was called out?

every qb dumps off passes to running backs. not to mention delanie was injured for a few games and all 4 of the top wr's on the depth charts at the start of the year were injured at one point or another. the passing game really suffered in the 2nd half of the year because of all the injuries. we were more aggressive before morgan got hurt.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Simms played well when Staley was hurt too.

Not every OT and DL can be great. These guys went undrafted for a reason.

boone had issues outside of his physical talents, which seem to be in the past now.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
our offensive line was not one of the better ones in the nfc. at one point early in the year everyone was saying gore was washed up. then the blocking was adjusted and holes started to open up. our line had tons of penalties and ranked pretty low on pass protection. so don't give me our line is good when it clearly wasn't. why did staley get his underwear in a knot when the line was called out?

every qb dumps off passes to running backs. not to mention delanie was injured for a few games and all 4 of the top wr's on the depth charts at the start of the year were injured at one point or another. the passing game really suffered in the 2nd half of the year because of all the injuries. we were more aggressive before morgan got hurt.

I seem to remember reading that neither of our OTs had holding penalties all year.

And quit saying Smith was good when he clearly wasn't.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering the ENTIRE season, not just when Chilo was starting, name me 5 better OL in the NFC. It's ok, I'll wait.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your argument is tired. He had two TE mismatches, one of the better OL in the NFC, and a strong running game. His completion % has more to do with dump offs to Gore or Hunter then it did anything else and if you choose to disagree then look at his yards per completion and see how that stacks up with the rest of the league.

You are tired of arguments that beat back your nonsense. Jesus Christ. We are on the god damn internet and can dismiss your garbage in 5 seconds.

Gore/Hunter caught 12% of our passes.

Sproles/Thomas caught 29% of Brees'.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the ENTIRE season, not just when Chilo was starting, name me 5 better OL in the NFC. It's ok, I'll wait.

pff had our line ranked 26th i believe in pass protection. so....take your pick

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are tired of arguments that beat back your nonsense. Jesus Christ. We are on the god damn internet and can dismiss your garbage in 5 seconds.

Dont you think cherry picking Sproles, who splits out wide and in the slot often within the NO OFFENSE, is pretty misleading?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

How many of Sproles' catches were check downs and not designed pass plays for him? How many of them did he line up in the slot or split wide?

How does that stack up with the rest of the league?

Does anyone have subscriptions to PFF or FO and can check how far Smith's passes traveled in the air?

Or should we just pretend that he's on the same level as guys like Brees, Rodgers, Brady