• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's David Johnson "Rock Bottom" Week: Would you bench him for...?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have Marlon Mack locked in as a starter. I have Aaron Jones on a bye. It's hard to believe that it has come to this with Johnson. But which (if not all of the following) would you play over David Johnson?

- Joe Mixon vs OAK
- Matt Breida vs ARI (if healthy, which doesn't look good)
- Brian Hill vs CAR
- Duke Johnson vs BAL

I will be playing Mac and two of these guys (or David Johnson) this week in my other RB spot and flex.

I am currently leaning to playing Mack, Mixon and Brian Hill. Benching David Johnson. Mack and Mixon both still get real solid volume. Mixon is showing signs of life, shockingly. Hill seems clearly poised for a big workload against a soft D for RB's. I don't think Johnson warrants a play over these three.

Sad

Ugh... I traded Chubb for him and had a deal for Fournette agreed upon before the guy bailed.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Kliff Kingsbury said David Johnson has "obviously" been hampered by the back and ankle injuries he's been dealing with this season.
Kingsbury added that Johnson is "still working through those and getting a feel for it." More troubling was Kingsbury's admittance that Kenyan Drake worked ahead of Johnson down the stretch because, "We just felt like with Drake, needed to get something going and kept him rolling." The Cardinals' first-year coach said he'll figure out the best role for both Johnson and Drake "over the next few weeks" and then "run with it." Johnson hasn't looked to be anything close to 100% in recent weeks, struggling to get the edge or provide anything resembling his usual burst. It wouldn't be surprising to see Drake work as the offense's lead back sooner rather than later.

with that said id go with mack/mixon an take a chance on hill:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Kliff Kingsbury said David Johnson has "obviously" been hampered by the back and ankle injuries he's been dealing with this season.
Kingsbury added that Johnson is "still working through those and getting a feel for it." More troubling was Kingsbury's admittance that Kenyan Drake worked ahead of Johnson down the stretch because, "We just felt like with Drake, needed to get something going and kept him rolling." The Cardinals' first-year coach said he'll figure out the best role for both Johnson and Drake "over the next few weeks" and then "run with it." Johnson hasn't looked to be anything close to 100% in recent weeks, struggling to get the edge or provide anything resembling his usual burst. It wouldn't be surprising to see Drake work as the offense's lead back sooner rather than later.

with that said id go with mack/mixon an take a chance on hill:suds:

Yeah, I think it just makes sense to put David Johnson on the shelf while keeping a hopeful eye on him. I haven't given up. However, I think if you have other viable options; you have to go with that.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have Marlon Mack locked in as a starter. I have Aaron Jones on a bye. It's hard to believe that it has come to this with Johnson. But which (if not all of the following) would you play over David Johnson?

- Joe Mixon vs OAK
- Brian Hill vs CAR
- Duke Johnson vs BAL

I will be playing Mac and two of these guys (or David Johnson) this week in my other RB spot and flex.

I am currently leaning to playing Mack, Mixon and Brian Hill. Benching David Johnson. Mack and Mixon both still get real solid volume. Mixon is showing signs of life, shockingly. Hill seems clearly poised for a big workload against a soft D for RB's. I don't think Johnson warrants a play over these three.

Sad

Ugh... I traded Chubb for him and had a deal for Fournette agreed upon before the guy bailed.
At this point, the real question is whether you think David Johnson will even play. He has the look of someone who appears injured and/or extremely out of practice. It's weird, considering he had good production for the first 6 games of the season.

Myself, I benched him in favor of Brian Hill. Realistically, if Johnson couldn't get anything done against Tampa, he's not going to do much against SF. None of your other options look too good, though Mixon might be good for a few points.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, if Johnson couldn't get anything done against Tampa, he's not going to do much against SF.

i understand the logic behind this, but Tampa run D is legit this season.
DJ still should've been more active in the passing attack vs TB if he was 100% healthy.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand the logic behind this, but Tampa run D is legit this season.
DJ still should've been more active in the passing attack vs TB if he was 100% healthy.
As I said, he looked hurt. Low number of carries, horrible YPC and a fumble. Some of that is likely due to not practicing, too. Tampa was supposed to be vulnerable to passing attack, and Johnson didn't do anything there either. I see SF as a superior (and more balanced) defense to TB, so I'd stick this guy on a shelf unless there's a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Joe Mixon vs OAK
- Brian Hill vs CAR
- Duke Johnson vs BAL

Sad

I'd go with the bold. I'm not starting DJ until I see him get a good workload again and am still seeing if I can trade him, even though his trade value now is almost nada. Man I wish I could have moved him the moment I saw all this coming. I hesitated and now it's the dumpster fire I knew it would be. Luckily I got a ton of RB depth.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hill, im sitting DJ in all leagues as well. I own him everywhere

I would never be so happy to see a RB having a good day on my bench as I would be to notice DJ doing so on Sunday.

I'll be rooting for him as if he's in my lineup.

His floor was so high with his passing game involvement and the pace that the Arizona offense plays at. I hate that this happened. So much.

Like... going back to the data I had in front of me. I don't see why I wouldn't have traded Chubb for DJ. But man do I wish I could undo it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never be so happy to see a RB having a good day on my bench as I would be to notice DJ doing so on Sunday.

I'll be rooting for him as if he's in my lineup.

His floor was so high with his passing game involvement and the pace that the Arizona offense plays at. I hate that this happened. So much.

Like... going back to the data I had in front of me. I don't see why I wouldn't have traded Chubb for DJ. But man do I wish I could undo it.

aint that the truth! yeah i woulda made that trade too. but man he looked bad last week

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with SP on Hill. Plus it looks like Freeman is iffy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with SP on Hill. Plus it looks like Freeman is iffy.

I mean, they've pretty much said he's out for at least two weeks.

That would seem to be more than "iffy" for Sunday. lol

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they've pretty much said he's out for at least two weeks.

That would seem to be more than "iffy" for Sunday. lol
The feed i saw today said "almost certainly" will be a spectator and then went in to say he is "week to week." It is only Thu.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon and Hill.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPN's Josh Weinfuss notes that it "looked like" Kenyan Drake jumped David Johnson on the depth chart.
Weinfuss reports this after seeing Drake take first-team reps alongside Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald, Andy Isabella, and Pharoh Cooper in the part of practice available to media. Johnson reportedly came in with the second-team unit on Friday. Last week, Johnson did not look healthy which limited him to just five carries and one reception, but he has notably been left off the injury report this week. It's a confusing situation, but it appears Drake will be the lead back for at least one more game. The Week 12 bye can't come fast enough for DJ.