• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"It's a warrior's name"

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You imply that our and the team owners reasons for wanting to keep the name can not be any where near as deeply personal and important as your reasons for wanting it changed. I love my team. I have loved my team since the age of 5. to me they are the Redskins and that has NEVER been a negative term in the way I have used it or known it. so yea, to be forced to change the name would be deeply and personally insulting and hurtful.

I do understand that it would be deeply personally hurtful and insulting to you (name change) This has been my team too since 1961, but the name has offended (and reminded) my family of a tragic and unnecessary loss. It is NOT the teams' fault that every time we see the name we are reminded of that loss. All I ask and have ever asked is for others to understand that it is also deeply and personally insulting and hurtful to me and mine.

We've had this conversation before....surprised that you didn't remember.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic, every black comedian who ever went on stage should be sued for use of the N word. Its a KNOWN undisputed racial slur and they profit off of the use of that word every time they go on stage.

On this point we have no disagreement. It is shameful that they exploit ignorance in this manner.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So remind me whats the dispute?? Oh right... Some ones hurt feelings over what they think a word means so no one else should be allowed to utter that word. Oh wait, the real dispute is no one should be allowed to profit off the use of a word that hurts some one elses feelings. Again show me an instance where the team or its fans have used said named word, even unintentionally to cause harm to you, Mrs Harjo or the American Indian population at large?? You cant, she cant. So its using the court to try and force the team to do what a select few people want. You act as if our court system is above being used. And in this case the court is being used to bully a private company to do what a select group of people wants to further that select groups agenda.

Are we back to this again....thought we were making progress, Oh well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand that it would be deeply personally hurtful and insulting to you (name change) This has been my team too since 1961, but the name has offended (and reminded) my family of a tragic and unnecessary loss. It is NOT the teams' fault that every time we see the name we are reminded of that loss. All I ask and have ever asked is for others to understand that it is also deeply and personally insulting and hurtful to me and mine.

We've had this conversation before....surprised that you didn't remember.

Sorry to go all metaphysical here for a second. But if not for that deep and tragic loss, likely neither of us would be here. This thought is the main reason why I dont hold every white man i see today personally responsible for the crimes their ancestors committed against OUR fore fathers. Every thing happens for a reason. And if I held onto past hurts that really had a hand in me being here in the first place, I would never be able to move beyond those hurt feelings.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So remind me whats the dispute?? Oh right... Some ones hurt feelings over what they think a word means so no one else should be allowed to utter that word. Oh wait, the real dispute is no one should be allowed to profit off the use of a word that hurts some one elses feelings. Again show me an instance where the team or its fans have used said named word, even unintentionally to cause harm to you, Mrs Harjo or the American Indian population at large?? You cant, she cant. So its using the court to try and force the team to do what a select few people want. You act as if our court system is above being used. And in this case the court is being used to bully a private company to do what a select group of people wants to further that select groups agenda.

This is interesting, so let's try on a few facts that you may or may not like. Is it not a fact the every owner of this team has used the courts to elicit patents that gave them exclusive right to earn millions? Didn't that private company in fact earn millions/billions. At whose expense? A group that no one cares about...is that it? With the courts at their back didn't this same company bully the defenseless, despite generations of protest? But of course that's not bullying nor based on an agenda to make money right? Majority rules....right? That's why we have courts isn't it? Using the courts? give me a break!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to go all metaphysical here for a second. But if not for that deep and tragic loss, likely neither of us would be here. This thought is the main reason why I dont hold every white man i see today personally responsible for the crimes their ancestors committed against OUR fore fathers. Every thing happens for a reason. And if I held onto past hurts that really had a hand in me being here in the first place, I would never be able to move beyond those hurt feelings.

I wish it was an event that happened to some distant forefather, but I knew and loved both of my grandparents until the age of 8, when they were taken from us simply because they were different. The hurt feelings are past, the reminders are still in place.

Sorry man, not your fault, but thanks for letting me vent for this moment.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done....later dude! Good yapping with you!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: