• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It Needs To Be Said

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of our time and he is rivaling Joe Montana as the greatest quarterback of all time. Noone is debating that. The debate is who is more important to their team and if a team can muster up a 10+ win season or a winning record with a backup QB, you aren't as important to your team as a guy who, when he's not on the field, his team shits the bed and has a losing record.

Brady is not rivaling Joe Montana as the greatest QB of all time, he blew his doors off years ago. As in, it is no contest by any measurable standard. :L

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of our time and he is rivaling Joe Montana as the greatest quarterback of all time. Noone is debating that. The debate is who is more important to their team and if a team can muster up a 10+ win season or a winning record with a backup QB, you aren't as important to your team as a guy who, when he's not on the field, his team shits the bed and has a losing record.

Well is that the requirement for value? Or would it be if their team can consistently get in and win the SB without them?

I mean Derek Anderson was the only QB in 20 years the Browns have been able to win 10 games with. Can any other QB say that in the league? Does that make him most valuable? I guess, it all depends on what your definition is for value.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Steve Young, Russell Wilson, or Alex Smith have higher sack rates than pocket guys like Eli Manning, Derek Andersen, or Derek Carr, doesn't mean they aren't as skilled throwing the ball or reading defenses.

Yes, yes it does.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then you should have said it because it's true.

No, that aspect was actually untrue. I mean if we take that standard as to what makes the best QB, then Peyton and Marino are our top two all time, sorry Brady and Joe.

I think that standard isn't the tell all as I explained, but if that's your belief, so be it.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes it does.
Really, so

#1 all time sack rate. Peyton Manning/Dan Marino tied at 3.13%.

Tom Brady a ways back at 4.88%

Brady is in no way even close to those two. Got it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is not rivaling Joe Montana as the greatest QB of all time, he blew his doors off years ago. As in, it is no contest by any measurable standard. :L

It's close in my opinion. Montana still holds that top spot for me. Obviously, if you're just going by statistics, noone holds a candle to Brady. But something has to be said about a QB going undefeated in the Super Bowl.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they made rules to protect Montana like they do now for the top tier QBs.
He would have retired a niner & god only knows how many superbowl trophies.

Sorry. I still look at Joe Cool as #1 as well.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they made rules to protect Montana like they do now for the top tier QBs.
He would have retired a niner & god only knows how many superbowl trophies.

Sorry. I still look at Joe Cool as #1 as well.

That's so tough for me. Montana came along right when the rules changed to make QB play able to be more efficient and into a system that completely changed how QB's play efficiently. I mean we all saw how guys like Young, Elway, Gannon, Grbac, Garcia, Bono and others worked in and out of that WCO before its methods had proliferated the entire league. Would he have that same advantage with the rest of the league running those same concepts?

But the guy just got better and better as the stakes went higher too. And how would his team have done in a salary cap/free agent era.

It's so tough saying "he would have done X today".

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, so

#1 all time sack rate. Peyton Manning/Dan Marino tied at 3.13%.

Tom Brady a ways back at 4.88%

Brady is in no way even close to those two. Got it.

A ways back huh?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's close in my opinion. Montana still holds that top spot for me. Obviously, if you're just going by statistics, noone holds a candle to Brady. But something has to be said about a QB going undefeated in the Super Bowl.

Well, he only got to four of them so............................

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that aspect was actually untrue. I mean if we take that standard as to what makes the best QB, then Peyton and Marino are our top two all time, sorry Brady and Joe.

I think that standard isn't the tell all as I explained, but if that's your belief, so be it.

:lebowski2:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ways back huh?

Yeah, 16th or so all time, but that's 56% off of those guys. To put that in comparison if that was INT rate, that would be the difference between 15 INT's in a season or 27 INT's. That's a HUGE difference. Had Marino/Manning. Then the two guys that got to play behind the best pass blocking line ever (the Hogs, Williams and Rypien). And no one else is really close.

Like I said, if that's your logic, that Peyton/Marino are the gold standard at QB all time. So be it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna let you two stat queen, fantasy footballers have the floor. Your shit is ridiculous and I need to gather up some info on a truck I'm likely to buy in the next couple of days.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, 16th or so all time, but that's 56% off of those guys. To put that in comparison if that was INT rate, that would be the difference between 15 INT's in a season or 27 INT's. That's a HUGE difference. Had Marino/Manning. Then the two guys that got to play behind the best pass blocking line ever (the Hogs, Williams and Rypien). And no one else is really close.

Like I said, if that's your logic, that Peyton/Marino are the gold standard at QB all time. So be it.

:L

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said twice that sack rate determines that. Now of course when you see the full story and the same exact logic used with other QB's... are you changing your stance now? That seems disingenuous.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna let you two stat queen, fantasy footballers have the floor. Your shit is ridiculous and I need to gather up some info on a truck I'm likely to buy in the next couple of days.
I'M NOT MAKING THAT CLAIM

YOU ARE.

Thanks for playing though.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do see that difference don't you Rex? You were all for sack rate determining which QB is better when it favored Brady.

I don't and disagreed.

Then you doubled down on it.

But now when that SAME EXACT STAT no longer favors Brady, you huff and puff and run off saying it's "ridiculous"..

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so tough for me. Montana came along right when the rules changed to make QB play able to be more efficient and into a system that completely changed how QB's play efficiently. I mean we all saw how guys like Young, Elway, Gannon, Grbac, Garcia, Bono and others worked in and out of that WCO before its methods had proliferated the entire league. Would he have that same advantage with the rest of the league running those same concepts?

But the guy just got better and better as the stakes went higher too. And how would his team have done in a salary cap/free agent era.

It's so tough saying "he would have done X today".
the rules from the 80's to nowadays is light years different. & you cant go blasting Qbs nowadays like you could then. Hell anytime a QB gets injured a new rule gets put in place as to not mess with them.
Some QBs nowadays would be easily rattled if they played under yesteryear rules. But the reason I brought up the softball rules from now, is it was an injury that took him away from the niners. (Championship caliber team) You hand Montana a couple more rings & those counting rings as a barometer..... well that argument goes out the window. brady, Manning Rodgers & add whomever. Do you think they play as long if defenses got to mess them up every season? It would be pretty lucky if so.