• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It is now the morning after............

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will have his most pimp-est year yet.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham. Olgetree, Ross, Broyles and Fuller

How often are they going to use 3 WR sets? If they are planning to use 2 TE sets, Ebron will be the 3rd player split out wide.

UNLESS -- Detroit can just empty the backfield, line up 3 wide with 2 TE's and screw running the ball.

I'll tell you whose job I would love to have on the Lions. Jed Collins (sp), I think that is the fullback they signed -- He is going to be spending a lot of time standing on the sidelines this year.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or someone could punch Mayhew in the stomach and kick him down the stairs.

Are you looking for volunteers? :high5:(hand raised very high and waiving to make sure you notice me first)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:

He's pimping his wife out now, too.. shit, I saw her mouth wide open on micro's posted pics.. I thought that was for Tate only.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't going to name names, but you were on the short list, I'll say that much

PICK ME, PICK ME!!!! I live literally less than 3 miles from the Detroit Lions headquarters in Allen Park. I could be in his office by 3:00.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often are they going to use 3 WR sets? If they are planning to use 2 TE sets, Ebron will be the 3rd player split out wide.

UNLESS -- Detroit can just empty the backfield, line up 3 wide with 2 TE's and screw running the ball.

I'll tell you whose job I would love to have on the Lions. Jed Collins (sp), I think that is the fullback they signed -- He is going to be spending a lot of time standing on the sidelines this year.

Don't spin my response... you asked if there is a need. When I see those guys as the 3rd WR or a injury replacement for CJ and Tate.

Would a 2nd or 3rd rd. WR be a upgrade over those guys I listed? I don't want this to happen. Just a true answer to the question you asked.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't spin my response... you asked if there is a need. When I see those guys as the 3rd WR or a injury replacement for CJ and Tate.

Would a 2nd or 3rd rd. WR be a upgrade over those guys I listed? I don't want this to happen. Just a true answer to the question you asked.

I wasn't trying to spin your response. How important is a 3rd WR if you plan on using a 2 TE set the majority of the times, which I'm guessing is what they are going to do or they wouldn't have spent a top 10 pick on a TE.

Unless you go with an empty backfield, you are only going to be using 2 WRs. Are we going to spend a 2nd round pick to add depth to the WR position, in case Calvin and Tate are injured? What kind of value does that pick do for the team?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a night of sleep and half a day to reflect. Still don't like the Ebron pick, but will see what happens tonight before calling this a bust. If the Lions get some good defensive help tonight, their draft won't be the worst they've had.

As for Ebron, he'd better be playing 2 of 3 downs by mid-season 2014, and be the next Jimmy Fuggin' Graham by 2016, or he was a complete waste of a 10th overall pick.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was petty befuddled at this pick when I went to bed last night. The more I thought about it, the more I like it. First we need to get the Tight End idea out of our heads. This guy will be lined up wide, he'll be in the slot, he'll be lined up like traditional TEs too but he will basically be all over the field. I'm sure we'll see a lot more 2 TE sets, maybe even all 3 guys in the Red Zone. I mean Ebron, Calvin, Grew and Joe all in the Red Zone? The only way to stop that is Stafford not getting them the ball! I'm not saying that I love the pick but I don't think that I would have loved any pick. None of the guys on the board were really sexy. Talking heads and I'm sure some guys on this board are saying "They needed defense, they needed defense" but I'm always for getting the right guy, not the need position. Yeah we need defense but we also don't need to miss on ANOTHER corner. Hopefully Ebron can be an effective weapon for us.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionstop -- go watch his post draft interview. It is on the freep site. Ebron, himself, said he was expecting to go somewhere around the 18th pick.

Also -- you have no idea where Ebron was ranked on any teams board other than the Lions, nor do I.

I read a few minutes ago that Ebron was told by the Lions that if we was there at 10, they promised that they would take him. He was saying that he was happy they kept his word.

Off topic, I for one was one of the idiots on here hoping that we would trade for Josh Gordon last season. Looks like he's going to be suspended for the year for doing the reefers.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to spin your response. How important is a 3rd WR if you plan on using a 2 TE set the majority of the times, which I'm guessing is what they are going to do or they wouldn't have spent a top 10 pick on a TE.

Unless you go with an empty backfield, you are only going to be using 2 WRs. Are we going to spend a 2nd round pick to add depth to the WR position, in case Calvin and Tate are injured? What kind of value does that pick do for the team?

2nd rd a WR 3rd a C 4th OG / K / WR and offense is set for next years draft.

Being cynical about Mayhew's thinking. I will not slam Ross yet. I have not seen him play WR a bunch. No thank you on Durham. I would still like a 3rd WR in this draft. They just may get a 4th rd. guy better than what is left on current roster.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was petty befuddled at this pick when I went to bed last night. The more I thought about it, the more I like it. First we need to get the Tight End idea out of our heads. This guy will be lined up wide, he'll be in the slot, he'll be lined up like traditional TEs too but he will basically be all over the field. I'm sure we'll see a lot more 2 TE sets, maybe even all 3 guys in the Red Zone. I mean Ebron, Calvin, Grew and Joe all in the Red Zone? The only way to stop that is Stafford not getting them the ball! I'm not saying that I love the pick but I don't think that I would have loved any pick. None of the guys on the board were really sexy. Talking heads and I'm sure some guys on this board are saying "They needed defense, they needed defense" but I'm always for getting the right guy, not the need position. Yeah we need defense but we also don't need to miss on ANOTHER corner. Hopefully Ebron can be an effective weapon for us.[/QUOTE

What corner have the lions missed that they drafted early? The lions cant afford to miss on another offensive skill position. They have drafted defensively for the most part rather well. Most of their busts are coming from WR/RB.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he plays like 2013 stafford the lions will be drafting a QB next year and mayhew will be fired. Fortunatley I agree though, I think he has the potential to be elite.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays like 2013 stafford the lions will be drafting a QB next year and mayhew will be fired. Fortunatley I agree though, I think he has the potential to be elite.

I actually am not sure he becomes "elite". However, if he plays to be considered in the conversation or firmly planted in the 2nd tier group of QB's. The Lions will have success.

Brady and Manning and Brees did not get elite status after 5 years either. So there is hope though.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually am not sure he becomes "elite". However, if he plays to be considered in the conversation or firmly planted in the 2nd tier group of QB's. The Lions will have success.

Brady and Manning and Brees did not get elite status after 5 years either. So there is hope though.

You know, its interesting now because he has a lot of weapons and we will start to see the media expecting him to reach elite level. Stafford should be at 30+ tds a year.