• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It is now the morning after............

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the morning after and I'm still curious about this selection by Detroit.... Don't get me wrong, Ebron is a first round quality player, but ?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is now the morning after....

....and now even Bear fans have a reason to laugh.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....and I find myself wondering why Charlie Brown didn't just buy a damn kicking tee.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Bears fan should be concerned.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustmeImright,

I dont think Jimmy Graham had any tds in college.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the pick. At least they didn't trade up. But, again, he's a ball-dropper. And now he has Stafford's throws coming at him. And if something good doesn't happen with the defense today, they won't sniff 8 wins this season.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....and I can't help thinking there must be a self-help group for Lion fans.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Cook 2.0

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy Graham was a basketball player at Miami -- he didn't play football until his basketball eligibility was up. He played one year. New Orleans drafted him on his potential, as good teams do, in the 3rd or 4th round, not with a top 10 pick.

And please quit mentioning Ebron in the same breathe as Jimmy Graham. They are completely different players. One is 6'7" with a vertical leap of a WR (37.5 inches). One is 6'4" with a vertical leap that ranked him 10th among this year's TE crop (32 inches).

The only thing comparable between Ebron and Graham is the Lions will try to use Ebron in the same role Graham played in New Orleans offense. Other than the role being the same -- trying to compare the two would be like saying Reggie Bush is our new Barry Sanders, because they both play RB.

Graham has put up astronomical numbers at the TE position. He is the #1 target on the Saints offense. Ebron will not be the #1 target in Detroit's offense and most likely will split catches with Pettigrew, Bush and Bell.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Cook 2.0

That is exactly who I thought of when I was reading about Ebron. What is funny though -- Cook ran a 4.5, Ebron ran a 4.6. Cook had a 41 inch vertical, Ebron had a 32 inch vertical. Cook is 6'5", Ebron is 6'4".

Jared Cook was a 3rd round pick. We all know where Ebron was drafted.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw LeShoure have 9 TD's rushing to not sniff the field. Fauria had 11 other recs. He has worth in red zone not between them. Don't get caught up in one stat without looking at the picture. I would imagine in practice Ashlee Palmer covered him with ease. This sure would not happen with Ebron.

As much as I wanted defense. Ebron does give the Lions 2 receiving threats besides Calvin and still have Bush and Bell coming out of BF.

My fear is they still have Moobs throwing the rock...

I'm in no way saying Fauria and Ebron are comparable. Obviously, Ebron gives Detroit more options in the type of routes he can run. I only mentioned Fauria, as we had the discussion earlier in the week when I said Detroit could draft an OL and quite a few people said -- we found an undrafted rookie who gave a valuable playing time at RT, why spend a top 10 pick on an OL. Fauria, while he isn't Ebron, was a very valuable piece of the Lions offense last year. I believe he was 2nd on the Lions in receiving TD's, as a rookie. Many TE's struggle in their first year, before picking up the speed of the game in the NFL.

That is why I can't help but shake my head at the pick. Is Detroit now going to run 2 TE sets all game? Why sign a fullback? Are they going to release Fauria now or are they going to keep 4 TE's on the roster?

It just seems to me, if Detroit wants to run 3 wide sets -- why not just draft a 3rd WR in the 2nd or 3rd round in one of the deepest drafts of all time at the WR position. Or are the Lions, who have spent pick after pick on WR's going to pass up drafting a WR in the one year they can get tremendous value for one in the 2nd or 3rd round? I mean, they can't possibly justify drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round now, can they?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustmeImright,

I understand you dont like it but why keep insisting that your way is better than theirs when you aren't even close to a NFL representative? Lol

You're saying just draft a guy in the second or third as if its just that easy and there isnt any other factors to consider.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me, if Detroit wants to run 3 wide sets -- why not just draft a 3rd WR in the 2nd or 3rd round in one of the deepest drafts of all time at the WR position. Or are the Lions, who have spent pick after pick on WR's going to pass up drafting a WR in the one year they can get tremendous value for one in the 2nd or 3rd round? I mean, they can't possibly justify drafting a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round now, can they?

Durham. Olgetree, Ross, Broyles and Fuller :noidea:

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If broyles can stay healthy, he will really help us. Don't forget, he holds the NCAA record for most receptions

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durham. Olgetree, Ross, Broyles and Fuller :noidea:

Lol.

I wouldnt be surprised if they drafted one because they stay true to BPA. They scouted tons of second round WRs and Richardson, Adams, Lee, Bryant, Matthews, Moncrief and others are still there.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm still as confused at the Lions pick as I was last night. I'm not upset about the pick, as I've come to grips that our front office is going to continue to do off the wall things.

I just don't understand spending a top 10 pick on a one dimensional TE. I mean, Eric Ebron himself, said he was surprised to be picked 10th, as he thought someone would take him in the 18th to 20th range.

I hear how he will basically be our 3rd WR, but in a draft that is extremely deep at the WR position -- Why not use your 2nd round pick and take an actual 3rd WR?

I would be able to accept this pick a little better if we hadn't re-signed Pettigrew and if we didn't have an undrafted rookie TE that had 7 touchdowns last year.

To me, Ebron is a luxury pick. Unless the Lions plan on running 2 TE sets all game long -- he is only going to be on the field on passing downs. Also -- why in the world waste cap space signing a FB, if you were planning on drafting another TE?

Can someone please make sense out of this pick for me?

You arent the only one, but we should have figured it would be a WR or TE with millenhews track record of wasting draft picks.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are some of you so caught up in who they drafted before? Nothing states that you cant do it again. Maybe Pettigrew wasn't the best pick but the team didnt have a TE at the time. They signed him back because he has some good qualities that the teamcan use.

When I say Ebron can take coverage away from a player, I mean that he creates more room for others because teams will have to make sure they are covering him. Ebron, just like Calvin should be able draw some deep coverage, allowing others to work underneath.

Im willing to bet you Ebron will score 7 tds or more, collect a starting role and have more yards than Fauria in 2014. Its not even close. Stafford threw him tons of jump balls that he should win.

Im not really one for the past, I look at the here and now. What does all that stuff mean?

Lol he better have more fucking yards than fauria, he was the tenth pick. What kind of bet is that?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
TrustmeImright,

Played 1 year had 5 tds..