• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It’s Time for a Change

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is enough season left to right the ship? No IMHO it’s time to clean house top to bottom. All coaches should be dismissed with the possible exception of Jon Kitna Leon Lett Mark Colombo and Sanjay Lal. Some of y’all could maybe manage others that should or could stay. But all coordinators and the head coach need to go. Most everybody but Garrett have been replaced.
The Cowboys will not get anywhere with Garrett everything about him works except game day coaching and his systemic stubbornness to we will run the damn football. Maranelli and his belief he can pick talent that will work in his system is on rank display right now. Taco is in Miami eking out his play while the watt kid is tearing it up in Pitt and the troubled DT from the last draft can’t even get in the game as a 2nd round pick. The game has passed you by Rod! We have needed a run stuffing tackle for several years but Rod seems to insist on just rushing the passer. How that working this year ? And the Cowboys have been gashed by subpar and good RB in the middle since the Rams showed other teams how we are weak.
I love my Boys and I will root for them every week but I’m done with the Clapper and his incompetence!

JMHO

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Garrett needs to go I think we ALL agree on that, but Kellen Moore still has time to grow he’s just being corrupted a lil bit by Mr. Clapper. Keep in mind, this offense is still ranked #1 in the NFL and is leaps and bounds better than anything Scott Linehan had ever cooked up.

Defensively it might be time to take a hard look at Merrinelli and Chris Richard cause for the second year in a row the defense has been unable to stop the run consistently and keeps getting burned against screen passes time and time again. The defense has become over aggressive and teams are taking full advantage of it. And Awuzie has become a liability in coverage in the same way Anthony Brown has. It seems like this secondary has regressed mightily.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JG survives the season but I could also see Jerry after watching an ending like the other night drop us to something like 6-8, Jerry walking in and firing him in a temper tantrum. Jerry was already saying the difference the other night was Zimmer and his staff. I think if anyone should be bumped up in season it should be Richard, not because of anything the defense has done larely but because he is the opposite of the clapper. But once the season ends, if JG goes, I think they need to look for the opposite of what Jerry usually wants, a puppet. With Stephen's influence, I think even that is possible

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta play out this year colors.
buckle up

I know but you can only yell at the tv and the radio for so long without going mad. 5 point safety belts are on and I’m hoping for a ride in a new GT40 Ford or a Ferrari the rest of the season. Let’s hope we are not in a Yugo instead.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta play out this year colors.
buckle up
I agree on playing out the year 100% at this point. This season is not yet over and this team has shown enough that if they can fix a couple of things they are as good as anyone; mostly because no one is that good.

My thoughts:
Garrett is on the last year of his contract and he's gone if the season ends in disappointment. We made changes coming into this year by overhauling the Offense. I can't hold just Garrett responsible for some of what I am seeing on Sundays so I'm not sure firing him today helps us even if he is a big part of the issue. I think Moore has brought a lot and has show great potential and this Offensive has never looked as explosive as it has at times this year, but he is the one calling the plays not Garrett, so he shares a big part of the blame for some of what has gone wrong too. And the defense has been our biggest issue and I'm not sure letting Garrett go today helps that either. If things don't turn around I would fire a bunch of these coaches. For today I'd fire just the STs coach. Out STs are poor and he seems to be a little clueless IMO.

If we would do one thing differently, I think it changes the outcome of last weeks loss and the Saints loss. Stop running from a jumbo or tight or heavy formation that allows the defense to clog up the middle against us. Regardless of the belief everyone wants to cling to, this offense is built on speed now. Spread out the defense and make them cover everyone and run out of those spread sets and the middle won't be so clogged. Zeke isn't all that fast and isn't a bowl you over kind of RB at the point of attack. His best asset is his vision. Spread things out and let him use it and stop running into brick walls over and over and over and over. And for God's sake someone help Garrett with his in-game decisions with regards to clock management and game situations. Like Joe Torre needed a Zimmer, Garrett needs someone that doesn't panic and understands down/distance/clock :2cents:

All that being said, this season isn't over. Name one team that we can't beat if we play our game? We lost 4 games and all 4 could have been wins with just one or two things going our way

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moore has brought a lot and has show great potential and this Offensive has never looked as explosive as it has at times this year, but he is the one calling the plays not Garrett, so he shares a big part of the blame for some of what has gone wrong too.
I agree with this. but I wont go knee jerk (I am not saying you are either) reaction when it comes Moore screwing up. IAs a super young inexperienced guy. I expect him to screw up from time to time. To me its called growing pains. Why let him have growing pains with us & then allow him to be a seasoned good coach for another team. No matter what happens this year. He would never be on my chopping block. Garrett isnt on a chopping block either. he would just be on my not resigning him block. While I can give benefit of doubt to a young guy like Moore. We know exactly what we have in Garrett. I personally would like to improve at the Head coaching job.

Fair or not, that is where my :2cents: are at.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. but I wont go knee jerk (I am not saying you are either) reaction when it comes Moore screwing up. IAs a super young inexperienced guy. I expect him to screw up from time to time. To me its called growing pains. Why let him have growing pains with us & then allow him to be a seasoned good coach for another team. No matter what happens this year. He would never be on my chopping block. Garrett isnt on a chopping block either. he would just be on my not resigning him block. While I can give benefit of doubt to a young guy like Moore. We know exactly what we have in Garrett. I personally would like to improve at the Head coaching job.

Fair or not, that is where my :2cents: are at.
I agree. My point wasn't get rid of Moore, my point was he called the plays not Garrett and I think a lot of people are blaming Garrett for the stubborn running from last week. Yes, Garrett could have (should have?) gone over to Moore and told him to change it up because it's not working (heck, my girlfriend even saw it), but if we are blaming someone for those runs, we need to assign most of the blame to the guy who is calling them which is Moore.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kind of changed my mind on the Garrett thing. Since I'm pretty much hoping for a new coach at the end of the year now, I'm now thinking maybe a change today is best (still don't think Jerry will do it) or more so after the next game if it gives us 10 days to prepare. Why wait at this point? It's not that I expect someone to come in and make this team a SB contender this year it's that my biggest worry (not what I think but my biggest worry) is we find out down the road that the problem wasn't actually Garrett at all and that we've overestimated this entire team. If that turns out to be the case I want to find out ASAP. Maybe a new coach comes in and we absolutely suck and blow this thing up before we give out any more contracts or maybe a new coach comes in and we get a better idea of what the weak spots are from a fresh eye without loyalty to certain players and this allows us to focus on what we need to upgrade this next offseason or maybe, just maybe, a new coach comes in and provides enough of a change/spark that we right the ship and go into the offseason with a division title, maybe a playoff win and a better feeling about the future.

It's not that I am blaming Garrett for all that is wrong with this team, but something has to change. Whomever has made the decision to not get rid of our kicker and our STs coach is the one in my crosshairs right now because those are two huge obvious problems with this team that seem to be pretty much universally known and have been since last year, yet nothing has changed. That tells me someone isn't able to make the tough decisions on this team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Points:

Kris Richard hasn't earned the right to be the acting head coach the final games. IMO, he's part of the problem and should be the third guy out the door after Garrett & Marinelli at seasons end. I think Jerry wants to bring in a new head coach and wouldn't want to risk having to consider keeping Richard should the Cowboys win the east and a single playoff game.

Kellen Moore has no leverage to stand up in the meetings and demand anything. He's a foot soldier at this stage of his coaching career. This I'm pretty darn sure of ...and I know we've seen different formations and excellent schemes in the passing game which haven't been seen in Dallas for a very long time. Moore may go if we hire the OU head coach or another offensive play caller for head coach but Kellen Moore IMO has done an outstanding job and in a short amount of time and will be a great offensive coach in due time. None of us know for sure how often Garrett has hand cuffed Moore this season, but I'm willing to bet it's been often in key situations. Maybe that comes out this offseason....I shutter to think what this offense woulda looked like without Moore this season

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I hope the next HC keeps Moore on the staff, he really has great potential to be a excellent play-caller.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kind of changed my mind on the Garrett thing. Since I'm pretty much hoping for a new coach at the end of the year now, I'm now thinking maybe a change today is best (still don't think Jerry will do it) or more so after the next game if it gives us 10 days to prepare. Why wait at this point? It's not that I expect someone to come in and make this team a SB contender this year it's that my biggest worry (not what I think but my biggest worry) is we find out down the road that the problem wasn't actually Garrett at all and that we've overestimated this entire team. If that turns out to be the case I want to find out ASAP. Maybe a new coach comes in and we absolutely suck and blow this thing up before we give out any more contracts or maybe a new coach comes in and we get a better idea of what the weak spots are from a fresh eye without loyalty to certain players and this allows us to focus on what we need to upgrade this next offseason or maybe, just maybe, a new coach comes in and provides enough of a change/spark that we right the ship and go into the offseason with a division title, maybe a playoff win and a better feeling about the future.

It's not that I am blaming Garrett for all that is wrong with this team, but something has to change. Whomever has made the decision to not get rid of our kicker and our STs coach is the one in my crosshairs right now because those are two huge obvious problems with this team that seem to be pretty much universally known and have been since last year, yet nothing has changed. That tells me someone isn't able to make the tough decisions on this team.

I'd fire him now and go with Marinelli as the Interim HC. That tells all that a change will in fact happen next season. Not like we don't know the change is happening anyway.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Points:

Kris Richard hasn't earned the right to be the acting head coach the final games. IMO, he's part of the problem and should be the third guy out the door after Garrett & Marinelli at seasons end. I think Jerry wants to bring in a new head coach and wouldn't want to risk having to consider keeping Richard should the Cowboys win the east and a single playoff game.

Kellen Moore has no leverage to stand up in the meetings and demand anything. He's a foot soldier at this stage of his coaching career. This I'm pretty darn sure of ...and I know we've seen different formations and excellent schemes in the passing game which haven't been seen in Dallas for a very long time. Moore may go if we hire the OU head coach or another offensive play caller for head coach but Kellen Moore IMO has done an outstanding job and in a short amount of time and will be a great offensive coach in due time. None of us know for sure how often Garrett has hand cuffed Moore this season, but I'm willing to bet it's been often in key situations. Maybe that comes out this offseason....I shutter to think what this offense woulda looked like without Moore this season
I don't think anyone on this staff has shown they deserve HC consideration.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You bring up a good point about the kicker and special teams coach. This got to be on Garret. The special teams is so bad it is causing losses. The entire special teams sucks in all phases.
Kicker sucks
Coverage teams suck
Return teams sucks
Punter sucks

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX 4 DFW NEWS..... Jones hints at extension for Garrett.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they win the Superbowl, I have no problem with an extension LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Points:

I agree. Richard is part of the problem. Yeah, he has the secondary playing well,but I dont know that you can coach a player to pick the ball off. Jones has been real good in coverage but rarely picks the ball off. Richard was the main reason we drafted hill and I wanted thornhill in the worst way. Richard is not needed in the draft room. We now got to burn a couple of high picks for the secondary because there is no way I extend Jones because he never forces turnovers