• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

isles

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fighting for that 8th spot. Long way off til the playoffs but it would be nice seeing 3 local teams in it. Give some juice. Think they could push the rangers to 6 games

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel bad for those fans. They should easily be headed up in the standings, BUT when you have an owner who is trying to spend the bare minimum of the cap every season, despite being a billionaire.. That sucks. We can rail on JVB, but at least the guy puts everything he can into the team. Can you imagine if the Wendy's guy bought this team, then said we're going to be a floor team. You have to imagine that the Islanders have enough young pieces at this point where if they actually added a bunch of vets to the roster and spent some money, they'd be a good team.

Of course when this is your former GM's track record there's a LOT of rebuilding that needs to be done.

Many young players and prospects that Milbury traded away went on to have distinguished careers, often eclipsing those of the players he received in return. He has traded away defensemen Zdeno Chara, Wade Redden, Bryan Berard, Eric Brewer, Darius Kasparaitis, and Bryan McCabe; goaltenders Roberto Luongo and Tommy Salo, as well as forwards Olli Jokinen, Todd Bertuzzi, Tim Connolly, and Raffi Torres. Milbury has also come under fire for his draft day decisions such as choosing Rick DiPietro first overall in 2000 over Dany Heatley and Marian Gaborik; as well as his decision to include the 2001 second overall draft pick (Jason Spezza) as part of the Alexei Yashin trade.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yashin!!!!!!!!!!!! lol wow, brings me back...

For Isles fans, I hope they make the playoffs.... As a Devils disciple, just dont get in our way!

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... The Isles, I loved Bossy... He was magical. It has been a long time since the 1980-1983 season & 4 cups in a row. It would be fun to see the NYI make some noise in the 1st round & I think we can agree that we all hate Philly & the Rangers

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Insane what milburry did and now has to the balls to get paid to talk about hockey!

I will be the one few that defends his dipietro draft. I'm not saying he should've traded away luongo but dipetro when healthy is a pretty solid Goalie. Only problem is he cant stay healthy and that's something you can't predict. He's not like say atrick stefan that guy was a #1 bust.

Also its strange that all these young guys signed log term somewhat cheap contracts to stay there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabokov has been straight up GOLD for them. Without him they are prob battling the Jackets for the number 1 overall pick next draft.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milbury could very well be responsible for the death of hockey on Long Island. His reign of terror has lasted long after his departure with his moves crippling the team for a long time and chasing fans away. I like that they were able to resign a bunch of guys this past offseason, something they have not been able to do for a long time. Now if they could get some D they would be a legit team. Also Tavares is borderline talented.