• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Isaiah McKenzie promoted to active roster

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should get a shot at PR again.

With Kelly cut, McKenzie gets his spot. Grayson gets the vacant PS spot.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems McKenzie might have a one or two week spot on the active roster depending on Cravens and/or Jordan Taylor.

I would not have been surprised if we left the roster spot empty either.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you will see Taylor on the field this year.

Cravens should be back after this week.

We did not leave the roster spot open because Hamilton is injured. We need McKenzie.

Also we needed a PS spot to be able to add Garrett Grayson. Never leave a spot open on the active roster, take advantage of it. This aint Fantasy Football. ;)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. Even if it is only a 1 week try out Grayson the coaching staff gets a week to look at him. Given our difficulty in finding a QB it can't hurt.

Adam Jones should be back this week, but we might not have him return punts this week, but I would rather him then McKenzie because a turnover on a kick could be disastrous. That said he could make the huge play that turns the game in our favor.

Taylor is practicing the last 2 weeks so we will either have to IR him next week or activate him. I would not be disappointed to see him on IR in a stash move. If we move on from DT or Sanders after this season he will be given an opportunity to contribute.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point we have to give McKenzie a 2nd chance on PR... I would imagine that is what we brought him up for? Who knows. That or someone tried to sign him and we didn't want to lose him to will make him inactive.

But McKenzie is a PR. What is the purpose of having him on the roster if you aren't going to give him a 2nd chance to do it???

It's time to see if he has made the changes to be a successful PR in the NFL... He had a fairly good and improved PS. Time to get his playmaking skills back there, can't go the conservative route, we aren't a playoff team. Gotta find out now if he can give us the boost long term or if we need to move on from him. Time to stop playing scared and take some chances.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I would say we are not a playoff team. I am good with giving him a chance next week against the Texans who are not as good as KC. Giving a second chance if you don't have to. If we are to the point that injuries force him into service then so be it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie is not on the roster to be a WR. He is on the roster to be our PR.

We need to make plays if we are gonna beat KC.. Unleash him!!!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should get a shot at PR again.

With Kelly cut, McKenzie gets his spot. Grayson gets the vacant PS spot.
Buffalo was going to sign Imac