• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is there enough money for Wilson, Avril and Wagner

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is by far the top priority. Wagner is 2nd. Maxwell is 3rd.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, there was a $10 million bump in the salary cap. It would be great if that happened again. That would help us out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will be a raider next year....!

YES! We got a good 3 seasons out of him! What a bargain it was ... Ship him off!! Good QB's are a dime a dozen! I'm still sitting here stunned on why the Patriots didn't trade Brady before his payday for some really good QB prospects!! What a mistake that was!! :yahoo:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! We got a good 3 seasons out of him! What a bargain it was ... Ship him off!! Good QB's are a dime a dozen! I'm still sitting here stunned on why the Patriots didn't trade Brady before his payday for some really good QB prospects!! What a mistake that was!! :yahoo:

Wilson and Harbaugh together in Oakland next year. LOL. That is the oddest dynamic dup you will ever see.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Pierre-Louis and Cassius Marsh as replacements perhaps? Both have looked good in their limited playing time this season.

Yes these two are being counted on for the future. Cross your fingers, Seahawks need to hit on the replacement players.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson and Wagner get resign, Lynch remains unless he retires. Seahawks get priced out on Maxwell and KJ Wright gets replaced by someone cheaper most likely. Just my take, for what it's worth. I really feel KJ is replaceable, love his versatility but he really isn't great at anyone thing and the Seahawks have guys on the roster right now that could replace him IMO. Avril will be to expensive.
I agree about KJ and I am expecting Maxwell to get big $ cuz he is worth it. IIRC I read somewhere that Pete put less value on LB's than any other defensive position thinking it is easier to find one and coach him up than the other positions.
For the money, I would vape Okung along with his hefty contract, injury issues, and his propensity for collecting yellow flags to sign Maxwell.
BTW, the 1st penalty against us last week was by good old #76.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu that just plain funny!:pound:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the order, just think that Maxwell will be a cap cut.

With the way PC/JS draft CB's, I don't have a problem letting him go to asure RW and Wags are signed for the long term.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about KJ and I am expecting Maxwell to get big $ cuz he is worth it. IIRC I read somewhere that Pete put less value on LB's than any other defensive position thinking it is easier to find one and coach him up than the other positions.
For the money, I would vape Okung along with his hefty contract, injury issues, and his propensity for collecting yellow flags to sign Maxwell.
BTW, the 1st penalty against us last week was by good old #76.

While I don't think that Okung has been the guy we hoped he would be, he is still a competent LT for the most part. Unless we feel that Alvin Bailey or some other guy can step up and be a competent LT, that is a big risk to take.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't think that Okung has been the guy we hoped he would be, he is still a competent LT for the most part. Unless we feel that Alvin Bailey or some other guy can step up and be a competent LT, that is a big risk to take.

Spot on comment. Yet my argument is for roughly $10m per season we get about 11 games out of RO and our bench rider has to play at a valuable position. My guess is RO has the most penalties on the OL. Either trade a high pick for a young T that is a solid backup somewhere or use a high pick to draft one. We would save about $8m per year, hopefully have better health, and maybe fewer penalties while an expected drop off in talent if Okung was healthy enough to play.
Now with that deal we have enough to sign BMax. Both Simon and Lane along with Macwell have missed games to injury.
Considering our QB, we can survive with a less than stellar OL as evidenced last year. Defense wins and Max is killer outside or inside.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on comment. Yet my argument is for roughly $10m per season we get about 11 games out of RO and our bench rider has to play at a valuable position. My guess is RO has the most penalties on the OL. Either trade a high pick for a young T that is a solid backup somewhere or use a high pick to draft one. We would save about $8m per year, hopefully have better health, and maybe fewer penalties while an expected drop off in talent if Okung was healthy enough to play.
Now with that deal we have enough to sign BMax. Both Simon and Lane along with Macwell have missed games to injury.
Considering our QB, we can survive with a less than stellar OL as evidenced last year. Defense wins and Max is killer outside or inside.

Is that because he is in the lineup more due to injuries elsewhere or that he plain sucks?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that because he is in the lineup more due to injuries elsewhere or that he plain sucks?

He's always been one who antipates the snaps and starts the season jumping the gun, usually he gets in the rhythm as the season progresses.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No,he does not suck.
My complaints on him are rookie holdout back in the day of massive rookie contracts, his large contract, missing about 20% of every season due to injury, and too many false start penalties whether home or away. Aside from that he is a solid LT. The size of his contract causes my disdain only because it can prohibit keeping one of our young stars.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gore is totally correct. Watching Wagner draw a DPI about 40 yards from the line of scrimmage while blanket covering a fast WR (whose name I cannot now recall), was a real eye opener for me. There is a very informative and interesting article on the impact of Wagner and Chancellor here . It has some awesome play breakdowns that nicely illustrate their value to the team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Wilson this is an 7 or 8 win team. Some may think that is a drastic assumption to make, but look at 2011 when the Seahawks had the anemic Tarvaris Jackson at QB.

The Seahawks went 7-9 and lost 5 games by 6 points or less. Quarterback was the difference between winning 10+ games and merely hovering around .500. I understand saying that Wagner has made a huge difference, which he has, but there is no way that he takes priority over Wilson.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Wilson this is an 7 or 8 win team. Some may think that is a drastic assumption to make, but look at 2011 when the Seahawks had the anemic Tarvaris Jackson at QB.

The Seahawks went 7-9 and lost 5 games by 6 points or less. Quarterback was the difference between winning 10+ games and merely hovering around .500. I understand saying that Wagner has made a huge difference, which he has, but there is no way that he takes priority over Wilson.

I think the 7-9 team that Jackson commanded was not as good as the Team Wilson is commanding now. More so on the defensive side of the ball. The 2011 team was 11th in passing against and 15th in rushing against. I think if they would have been more like 5th in passing and 5th in rushing against that team goes 10-6 maybe 11-5. Yes T-Jak is no Wilson but he is good enough that with the NFL's #1 Defense ( something he never had as a starter ) He could have a winning season. I would say he is head and shoulders better than Stanton WHO i might add has a winning record this year as a starter.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terdvaris could not lead a game winning drive to save his life. He lacks the it factor that wilson has.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 7-9 team that Jackson commanded was not as good as the Team Wilson is commanding now. More so on the defensive side of the ball. The 2011 team was 11th in passing against and 15th in rushing against. I think if they would have been more like 5th in passing and 5th in rushing against that team goes 10-6 maybe 11-5. Yes T-Jak is no Wilson but he is good enough that with the NFL's #1 Defense ( something he never had as a starter ) He could have a winning season. I would say he is head and shoulders better than Stanton WHO i might add has a winning record this year as a starter.

Tarvaris is disliked by so many, and I really have never understood it. In 2011, the defense gave up 14 points per game in wins that he started, and they gave up 25 points per game in the loses. He was actually 6-1 in games where the D gave up less than 20 (and 1-6 in games more than 20). You give him a good running game (21st ypg/25th ypc) and a good defense (9th) and he would do well. Glad he's our back up.