• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is There a Goalie in the House?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would I think be the ultimate thrill for 43 or Matty - To be able to dress as a goalie for a NHL team and be ready in case you are needed. Imagine if you actually had to be called into service? Pretty cool read.

After the second period, the Rangers came in for the intermission. The door to my locker room was open, and I could see the guys walking by. But when Derek Stepan — who wasn’t playing because he’s been out with broken ribs — walked by, he did a double-take. He poked his head in and just started chuckling.

“You’re the emergency goalie?”

Help, Is There a Goalie in the House? | By Santino Vasquez

Last edited:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would I think be the ultimate thrill for 43 or Matty - To be able to dress as a goalie for a NHL team and be ready in case you are needed. Imagine if you actually had to be called into service? Pretty cool read.

After the second period, the Rangers came in for the intermission. The door to my locker room was open, and I could see the guys walking by. But when Derek Stepan — who wasn’t playing because he’s been out with broken ribs — walked by, he did a double-take. He poked his head in and just started chuckling.

“You’re the emergency goalie?”

Help, Is There a Goalie in the House? | By Santino Vasquez

I would enjoy the hell out of that. But alas, won't happen for me here. I know the guy who is the top on that list. I've helped him out with goalie camps here and he's come and worked with our goalies a few times.

He used to play at Ohio State and was with the Red Wings organization for a while. Cool guy.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be able to dress as a goalie for a NHL team and be ready in case you are needed. Imagine if you actually had to be called into service?

this notion seemed to make Joe Cannata upset last night :think:

/maybe he realized he was finally a canuck ... for better or worse lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in a bar once and someone shouted asking if there was a doctor in the house. I drunkenly lied yes and ran over. It ended horribly, someone died. Then it was last call.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me of a tale from yesteryear that i experienced ( A REAL ONE COMEDS!!!)

having dinner with my wife and her best friend (an er nurse)

60 something year old woman a few tables down is with her family and begins choking on something ... huge commotion ... loud coughing/choking sounds ... her daughter gets up frantic near tears and says "is there a doctor here"

my wife and i both stare at my wifes friend, who doesnt even look up from her lobster bisque ... my wife then calls her name ... "carrie?" ... like are you gonna step up and do something? and she goes ... "oh they asked for a doctor" lol

my wife and i both looked at each other like wtf ???

she sees that we were taken aback by her response so she turns around and looks down the rows of booths at the situation ... woman still choking .... loud sounds ... she goes "*meh ... if you can hear her that means she's still breathing so she'll probably spit the food up on her own"

*goes back to eating*

SAVAGE! lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman: Carlitto's just passed out. Can anyone help?
Elaine: Well, there's a doctor right here.
Ben: No there's not.
Elaine: Can't you at least tell him what to do?
Ben: Like what?
Sue Ellen: Shouldn't he elevate his legs?
Ben: Right. Elevate your legs!