• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Saban coaching softball now?

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to post of historic domination? tOSU synchronized swim team. And, no, I got no dog in that hunt.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You liked that, eh? So you'd be interested to know UMn has been one of the most dominant universities in Solar Rayce Car Raycing and of course they have those 19 Natl Titles in Dance, and they, throughout history, have been one of the Top 3 programs ever in Debate Team competition, too. :)

You’re starting to convince me MinnyU was created as Gods gift to the earth.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have no one to top jerry west, got it.

You realize bb is a TEAM sport, right? It's not an individual sport. Even individual sports compete as TEAMS. Each individual's scores are totaled up and the TEAM with the highest score wins.

So Cross Country, for example. WVU vs UMn, you could have have a guy run a 4 minute mile, which would be incredible, but if the Top 6 UMners come in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th, with WVU's 2nd best coming in a distant 8th, then UMn would win in dominating fashion.

So your Jerry West may be great, but if WVU's greatest line up went up against UMn's, well, UMn's had 4 players with multiple NBA All-Star Game appearances, and 2 others who made the NBA All-Rookie team, and all 5 of the starters would be 10,000+ pt scorers and with 11 players possibly better players than WVU's 2nd best, we'd obviously run and gun and do a full court press so as to wear your lineup out while we could swap in fresh bodies all game long, and who would you get to coach your WVU all-star team? UMn could call on HOFer John Kundla or Flip Saunders who was a very successful cbb, CBA and NBA coach.

It would be a massacre.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re starting to convince me MinnyU was created as Gods gift to the earth.

Absolutely it was! If you hear someone discovers the cure for cancer, it wouldn't be a bad guess if you guessed they were a Minnesota person. ;)

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize bb is a TEAM sport, right? It's not an individual sport. Even individual sports compete as TEAMS. Each individual's scores are totaled up and the TEAM with the highest score wins.

So Cross Country, for example. WVU vs UMn, you could have have a guy run a 4 minute mile, which would be incredible, but if the Top 6 UMners come in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th, with WVU's 2nd best coming in a distant 8th, then UMn would win in dominating fashion.

So your Jerry West may be great, but if WVU's greatest line up went up against UMn's, well, UMn's had 4 players with multiple NBA All-Star Game appearances, and 2 others who made the NBA All-Rookie team, and all 5 of the starters would be 10,000+ pt scorers and with 11 players possibly better players than WVU's 2nd best, we'd obviously run and gun and do a full court press so as to wear your lineup out while we could swap in fresh bodies all game long, and who would you get to coach your WVU all-star team? UMn could call on HOFer John Kundla or Flip Saunders who was a very successful cbb, CBA and NBA coach.

It would be a massacre.

I understand that. I also understand Minnesota has no one to top Jerry west, the nba logo.

But I’m not here pounding my chest about WVU. You need to learn your program you support hasn’t been relevant in sports that matter to people today in 60 plus years. You talking Shit and having to bring up other sports and things on top of pumping people up from 60 years ago just reinforces that.

Just an FYI

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. I also understand Minnesota has no one to top Jerry west, the nba logo.

But I’m not here pounding my chest about WVU. You need to learn your program you support hasn’t been relevant in sports that matter to people today in 60 plus years. You talking Shit and having to bring up other sports and things on top of pumping people up from 60 years ago just reinforces that.

Just an FYI

Have to bring up people from 60 years ago? lol Jerry West played for WVU when? lol Come on man.

And I HAVE TO bring up other sports??? You mean, AT LEAST I CAN bring up other sports.

Doesn't matter the sport, doesn't matter the decade, doesn't matter the academic or scientific subject, UMn has an answer!!! WVU can't make that claim. Very few Universities can.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 when the new polls are released seeing how FSU cornholed your Tide.

Oh no, we lost I game in bitch baseball, I don't know how I will ever recover. Thanks for letting me know princess.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is 4-0 and rolling everybody. That tourny out in Cali where OU plays Nebraska, Washington, A&M, and Wisconsin will tell a lot.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was depressed as I went to check to see if UMn came back against #15 Kentucky, and they didn't. Not sure why we started our #1 Ace against the creampuff and then put in a Frosh against the #15 ranked team? But whatever. But while checking on how the Softball team, I saw that we CRUSHED the defending Natl Champs PSU in Wrestling, which was a huge upset and made me feel better about the day.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea but they are from a power 5 conference.

Yeah, they are. Minny/Mich have been the cream of the B1G crop last few years. Nebraska might be decent, but Wisco? Don't think they will give you much of a battle. Washington? For sure!!! Not sure about A & M, SEC team so I'd guess they'd be the 2nd toughest out.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020pacsb.jpg

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't imagine how far UMn fell in the rankings?

They put their #1 Ace up against a creampuff, won 10-0. Then put a frosh up against #15 Kentucky and lost 7-0 or something?

Hopefully the coach had some understandable reason for such a dumb choice? She got em to the CWS last ssn so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.