• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Saban coaching softball now?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jerry West played for WVU when? 1959 & 1960? lol You can't have it both ways.

You asked a question thinking you already knew the answer. You got it wrong. An ya don’t see me pumping my alma mater up.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, UMn has produced FOUR Naismith Hall of Famers.

The Western Conference Trophy is named after a UMner.

Fred Zollner was a UMn grad, and the only person with an NBA team named after him, the Fort Wayne Zollner Pistons, they won titles back in the 40s in the NBL and got to the Title game of the NBA in back to back seasons in the 50s. The NBA, at the 1975 Silver Anniversary Celebration at the All-Star Game, named Zollner "Mr Pro Basketball".

The NBA was born/created in a minnesotan's living room, Sid Hartman's

The NBA's first Dynasty, the Mpls Lakers, was coached by a former Gopher bb player, John Kundla. He led the Lakers to the 1948 NBL Title, the 1949 BAA Title(and the BAA merged with the NBL, in Sid Hartman's house, into the NBA and Kundla led them to 4 of the first 6 NBA titles, in 1996 he was named one of the Ten Greatest NBA Coaches of All-Time by the NBA.

And so you produced a one hit wonder with Jerry West, lol. If that is all WVU has, WVU be hurting.

I'd line up UMn's Top 13 NBA products up againt WVU's top 13 NBA products any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Why 13? Well, 2 reasons, #1 is that is how many scholly players cbb teams are allowed, #2, I know that WVU might not be able to claim many more than that? lol

Sports-reference only lists 16 players for WVU, and 49 for Minnesota.

49 > 16.

So you have no one that can top the nba logo is what I’m hearing? Congrats on finishing second to a “hurting” WVU. It’s post like yours here that make you look like you are losing this conversation. Just an FYI

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked a question thinking you already knew the answer. You got it wrong. An ya don’t see me pumping my alma mater up.

I did already know the answer, duh, lol. I know WVU hadn't produced more NBA players than UMn, and I knew it wasn't even close.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did already know the answer, duh, lol. I know WVU hadn't produced more NBA players than UMn, and I knew it wasn't even close.

But you didn’t know WVU produced the best out of both universities.

If only Jerry West would have known about all Minnesota’s Fortune 500 companies he may have been a gopher!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have no one that can top the nba logo is what I’m hearing? Congrats on finishing second to a “hurting” WVU. It’s post like yours here that make you look like you are losing this conversation. Just an FYI

UMn produced FIVE 10,000+ point scorers in the NBA. WVU couldn't even manage two with more than 5100 pts. lol

UMn's top 11 NBA products scored more points than WVU's 2nd best product.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If only Jerry West would have known about all Minnesota’s Fortune 500 companies he may have been a gopher!

I've heard of Jerry West before moron!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn produced FIVE 10,000+ point scorers in the NBA. WVU couldn't even manage two with more than 5100 pts. lol

UMn's top 11 NBA products scored more points than WVU's 2nd best product.

So you have no one to top jerry west, got it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A one hit wonder, you should be so proud.

And Cincy produced Oscar Robertson, and Miami of Ohio or Cincy produced Sandy Koufax. Terry Bradshaw came out of La Tech or something like that?

Hamline University produced Hall of Famer Jim Pollard, doesn't make them a cbb super power, lol.

But UMn has produced FOUR Hall of Famers, 49 NBA players, 4 NBA coaches, 1 of the Ten Best. An owner with the Western Conference Title Trophy named after him.

Notre Dame's best or most famous cbb coach was a former Gopher. Same could be said about Arizona, they named their Golf Course after Fred Enke, before Lute Olson got there.

And cbb hasn't even been close to one of our best sports.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if you gave me your list of the Top 5 NBA players that came out of WVU, you'd have one player who couldn't even muster a thousand rebounds and another who couldn't muster a thousand assists and your first guy off the bench couldn't even claim a thousand points scored in the NBA, lol.

Pathetic.

At least according to the list of 16 WVU alum listed at sports-reference dot com. I mean, WOW

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EOQbMWRU4AEfg89

EOa6SZlU0AExeUk

EOMtdOyX0AAKJF3

1fCGanK20WDjfs7kCrEicaUrJ6oQoAi8W0C2nzjYrN8WFYouZmDVAtFcoe6T2UO0CDqBjqRugr8oEDEC8pH8PjnaKvhHmg1gcfMNwuPHWG7YFNuFjpqq-ULpYASEwBK6TSRzHkj9ggWU_bR-Slljp3HxTTtbFEdjx9U0iMpWx_Qo

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one hit wonder, you should be so proud.

And Cincy produced Oscar Robertson, and Miami of Ohio or Cincy produced Sandy Koufax. Terry Bradshaw came out of La Tech or something like that?

Hamline University produced Hall of Famer Jim Pollard, doesn't make them a cbb super power, lol.

But UMn has produced FOUR Hall of Famers, 49 NBA players, 4 NBA coaches, 1 of the Ten Best. An owner with the Western Conference Title Trophy named after him.

Notre Dame's best or most famous cbb coach was a former Gopher. Same could be said about Arizona, they named their Golf Course after Fred Enke, before Lute Olson got there.

And cbb hasn't even been close to one of our best sports.

Like are you totally retarded?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One hit wonder from the 50s and you think that trumps anything and everything else? lol LOSER

It doesn’t trump everything. But it is #1 when you are trying to compare this ridiculous topic.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if you gave me your list of the Top 5 NBA players that came out of WVU, you'd have one player who couldn't even muster a thousand rebounds and another who couldn't muster a thousand assists and your first guy off the bench couldn't even claim a thousand points scored in the NBA, lol.

Pathetic.

At least according to the list of 16 WVU alum listed at sports-reference dot com. I mean, WOW

Minnesota has had 5 people drafted since 2000.
WVU has 4.
Stop pumping your program to be all world when majority Minnesota’s draft picks happened before you were born.

The only thing pathetic here is your attempt to go to the ends of the earth to tell the world how great MinnyU is.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has had 5 people drafted since 2000.
WVU has 4.
Stop pumping your program to be all world when majority Minnesota’s draft picks happened before you were born.

The only thing pathetic here is your attempt to go to the ends of the earth to tell the world how great MinnyU is.

ALL FIVE of those 10,000+ point scorers, played either their NBA bb or both their cbb and NBA bb during my lifetime and I remember watching them growing up. I also remember watching a ton of great former Gophers in the NFL, with a couple seasons in a row like 4 former Gophers all making the All-Star Game the same year and in MLB as well, with one year 3 of the 9 non-pitchers on the AL All-Star team all being former Gophers. I also was alive for all 5 of the Gopher's NCAA Hockey Natl Titles, the Miracle on Ice olympic hockey run, and watched tons of former Gophers playing in the NHL. I also witnessed all of the Gophers Wrestling Natl Titles and all of the Women's Hockey Natl Titles and their Golf Natl Title, too.

And now I've got to watch their brand new Practice Facility and Athletes Village go up.

And just in the last 12 months, I witnessed the Men's Gymnastics team come in 2nd last winter, the basketball team lost a soph to the NBA after beating Louisville in the NCAA tourney, the women Softball team made the Women's CWS, then the Football team finished in the Top 10 with a very Soph heavy roster, the women's VB team got to the Final Four and has the #1 ranked recruiting class coming in next year, the Women's hockey team is ranked #2 right now and primed to win their NCAA record 8th Natl Title this year, and both the men's bb team and the men's hockey team are possibles for making the NCAA tourney this year with very Soph heavy rosters. The Men's hockey team is 9-2-1 in their last 12 games, 7-1-1 in their last 9, and 5-0 in their last 5 games. The Wrestling team is ranked Top 5. The Women's Gymnastics team is ranked Top 8.

So UMn is plenty relevant.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL FIVE of those 10,000+ point scorers, played either their NBA bb or both their cbb and NBA bb during my lifetime and I remember watching them growing up. I also remember watching a ton of great former Gophers in the NFL, with a couple seasons in a row like 4 former Gophers all making the All-Star Game the same year and in MLB as well, with one year 3 of the 9 non-pitchers on the AL All-Star team all being former Gophers. I also was alive for all 5 of the Gopher's NCAA Hockey Natl Titles, the Miracle on Ice olympic hockey run, and watched tons of former Gophers playing in the NHL. I also witnessed all of the Gophers Wrestling Natl Titles and all of the Women's Hockey Natl Titles and their Golf Natl Title, too.

And now I've got to watch their brand new Practice Facility and Athletes Village go up.

And just in the last 12 months, I witnessed the Men's Gymnastics team come in 2nd last winter, the basketball team lost a soph to the NBA after beating Louisville in the NCAA tourney, the women Softball team made the Women's CWS, then the Football team finished in the Top 10 with a very Soph heavy roster, the women's VB team got to the Final Four and has the #1 ranked recruiting class coming in next year, the Women's hockey team is ranked #2 right now and primed to win their NCAA record 8th Natl Title this year, and both the men's bb team and the men's hockey team are possibles for making the NCAA tourney this year with very Soph heavy rosters. The Men's hockey team is 9-2-1 in their last 12 games, 7-1-1 in their last 9, and 5-0 in their last 5 games. The Wrestling team is ranked Top 5. The Women's Gymnastics team is ranked Top 8.

So UMn is plenty relevant.

LOL you brought up men’s and women’s gymnastics.

God I love you man. Please never leave

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you brought up men’s and women’s gymnastics.

God I love you man. Please never leave

You liked that, eh? So you'd be interested to know UMn has been one of the most dominant universities in Solar Rayce Car Raycing and of course they have those 19 Natl Titles in Dance, and they, throughout history, have been one of the Top 3 programs ever in Debate Team competition, too. :)