• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Nagy toast after the season ends?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with Pace you would be wrong. The young talent on this Bear roster is chalk full of mid late, UDFA talent. Pace's biggest fault, his first and 2nd round picks. He hit with Roquan, and now Kmet (I think) and that's about it.

And without Pace i would be right. What is your point? I'm speaking generally, first round picks are like gold in the NFL. Just because a GM has missed with them in the past doesn't mean they're still not valuable.

Also Kmet wasn't a first round pick.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy wins this Sunday and gets team to playoffs, how can you fire that !!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And without Pace i would be right. What is your point? I'm speaking generally, first round picks are like gold in the NFL. Just because a GM has missed with them in the past doesn't mean they're still not valuable.
My point? Just adding to the discussion. An odd point, usually if a GM is bad in rounds 1/2 they usually suck the rest of the way. Pace is a conundrum in this regard. Pace is putting together pro bowlers and solid starters after round 2. Not one or 2 but a lot.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks missed on Mahomes. Thought Watson would have been better, but honestly, this Bear o line would have killed him by now. He holds on to the ball waaay to long.

I wasn't criticizing the pick, my point was getting a higher pick isn't a guarantee of a better player. I was trying to make the point that losing is a habit and if getting higher picks means more losing, that's making losing habitual...IE the Browns of 2000 to 2017...or the Jags forever except a couple years...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy wins this Sunday and gets team to playoffs, how can you fire that !!

That's pretty easy, we don't like the direction we believe we're headed, so we're making a change. Basically, ownership can do what they want and there's not a damn thing Nagy can do about it. That's pretty much what they said when they fired Lovie Smith.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't criticizing the pick, my point was getting a higher pick isn't a guarantee of a better player. I was trying to make the point that losing is a habit and if getting higher picks means more losing, that's making losing habitual...IE the Browns of 2000 to 2017...or the Jags forever except a couple years...
I agree with this and have always fought for this point. I am only ever for truly rooting against my team if they were in a situation where it was the final week and a generational QB prospect was going to go #1. Never would want it for an entire season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this and have always fought for this point. I am only ever for truly rooting against my team if they were in a situation where it was the final week and a generational QB prospect was going to go #1. Never would want it for an entire season.

I agree, if it's the last game and you've won 1 or 2 games and if you win you get pick 2 thru 4 or lose and get the 1...I'd sit whoever I could to lose...but there is nothing worse in my book than players dogging it, or not competing.... when they're on the field anything but 100% is not acceptable and deserves criticism...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty easy, we don't like the direction we believe we're headed, so we're making a change. Basically, ownership can do what they want and there's not a damn thing Nagy can do about it. That's pretty much what they said when they fired Lovie Smith.
Lovie Smith was a bit different. If anything, ownership kept him longer than our new GM (at the time) would have liked. We had just fired our previous GM the year before in 2011. 2012 was Emery's first year in that role and the whole talk was how he had to finally put together an offense. He was forced to stick with Lovie in 2012, though. Despite going 10-6, Emery wanted Lovie gone. He wanted to usher in an era of the Bears being an offensive football team. Hence, hiring an offensive HC, etc. So, Lovie was basically doomed the day we hired Emery.

Nagy? That's Pace's boy. He totally hitched his wagon to Nagy and Mitch. Ownership was reportedly very unhappy earlier in the year, but reports also were that the McCaskey's love Pace as a person and their relationship is very close. If Pace is going to stay, he'll have to talk ownership into believing that he can make the right decisions. A big part of that will be convincing them that Nagy is the man for the job. They might like Pace enough to listen.

They're all kind of linked together. It's either going to be a total blowup or another year with this entire regime, IMO. I don't think you can fire Nagy and justify keeping Pace at the same time. Or visa versa, for that matter.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Bears Circa 1960's - 1970's... Some of us are older...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Bears Circa 1960's - 1970's... Some of us are older...

I watched the 70's, was born in the mid 60's...so I've seen plenty ... in the 70's and 80's the Packers were awful...just awful

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't criticizing the pick, my point was getting a higher pick isn't a guarantee of a better player

Name one person in THIS WORLD who said a higher pick is a GUARANTEE. Name ONE.

I was trying to make the point that losing is a habit and if getting higher picks means more losing, that's making losing habitual...IE the Browns of 2000 to 2017...or the Jags forever except a couple years...

Total and utter bullshit. Browns and Jags kept losing all those years because it was "habitual"? Utter bullshit. They kept losing because they had a bad team. Why did the Patriots lose this year then? It's certainly not because it was "habitual". A losing team can be turned around in one year with a great draft. Has nothing to do with habitual losing. Give me a break with this nonsense.