• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Jon Gruden seriously thinking about returning?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden says he’s preparing to coach again, but will he ever?

"The folks at PewterReport.com are characterizing former Buccaneers and Raiders coach Jon Gruden as saying he wants to return to coaching. The quote they’re supplying, however, doesn’t quite have that degree of clarity.

"I've met with several people — I won't deny that," Gruden said in a 40-minute interview with PewterReport.com. "Just about every year I talk about coming back to coach. I'm not in here every day at 4:30 or 4:00 in the morning watching pinball, you know? I'm preparing myself to come back. I am. Every day. I'm preparing to come back."

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is he just looking for a raise at ESPN?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden isn't returning to coaching.

He was probably told to do this by ESPN to generate hits/views/publicity because ESPN is going down the tubes right now... He has a contract with ESPN through 2021 anyway.

I hate Gruden. I hope he slips on a fucking banana people and goes into a coma for 30 years. His announcing sucks, he tries to dominate every game he's involved with. I routinely watch MNF muted because of him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the poll options?

he'd be pretty stupid to pass up on his what $6.5 million/year with ESPN to maybe get $2 million coaching.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden says he’s preparing to coach again, but will he ever?

"The folks at PewterReport.com are characterizing former Buccaneers and Raiders coach Jon Gruden as saying he wants to return to coaching. The quote they’re supplying, however, doesn’t quite have that degree of clarity.

"I've met with several people — I won't deny that," Gruden said in a 40-minute interview with PewterReport.com. "Just about every year I talk about coming back to coach. I'm not in here every day at 4:30 or 4:00 in the morning watching pinball, you know? I'm preparing myself to come back. I am. Every day. I'm preparing to come back."
where is the poll?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is he just looking for a raise at ESPN?

This.

He already pulls almost 5M a year, but jsut angling for a raise.

Let's see, he can make a little more and deal with year round diva's + long hours + pressure to win + always looking over your shoulder...or he can make $5M a year and not have to worry about anything except second guessing everyone else and talking about what he sees.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe for one of his son's teams. The MNF gig is too good to give up just to back to coaching on the NFL.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that he wants to and is legitimately looking into it. But will he actually ever return is another question. He's now been out of it for a long time.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that he wants to and is legitimately looking into it. But will he actually ever return is another question. He's now been out of it for a long time.

I know. Every time a coaching vacancy pops up.....Cowher and Gruden are 2 names who are automatically talked about.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most of Gruden's people are coaching somewhere......he'd need a new staff.