• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Jimmy Graham a Tight End or a Wide Receiver?

Jimmy Graham is a...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about talib, he is not a top 5 corner. Really not even close. You cant use PFF for Revis vs Sherman (although i agree with PFF) and then call talib a top 5 corner.

Aside from that, does any one know if the CBA says lines up or takes the snap, because those are two different things.

JDM doesn't know or he would have answered that question long ago. He plays word games to try to make his point. Then admitted he doesn't know. Just that those that want this story to have legs has said he has played WR 66.7 pct of the time. yet no one has answered the question of when a position is legitimatized. Until an arbitraitor decides on it, there has to be reports claiming he is a WR to keep the story fresh.
I am pretty sure the NFL would know what the rule is, & they actually said he is a TE. Until some kind of proof comes out saying otherwise, I am gonna rely on the most reliable source. The NFL themselves. Who says he is a TE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you the quote they specifically referred to. There's nothing left to debate.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The arbitrator is wrong.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't block and he takes 2/3 of his snaps in the slot. What makes him a tight end, beyond that that is where he is currently listed?

All the actual receiving tight ends actually line up at tight end, a substantial majority of the time. Most block at least some, too.

That's actually not accurate. Graham lined up in the slot 45% of the time. He lined up out wide 22%. He lined up tight 33%. So he lined up in what would traditionally be considered a wide receiver position 67% of the time. The problem is those lines are blurring. Tight ends don't just line up tight anymore, they line up all over the place. Graham didn't even run the most routes for a tight end either out wide or in the slot; Tony Gonzalez did. And Graham was actually 7th among tight ends in routes run from the slot.

Based on that information, it's pretty apparent that Graham is a tight end.

Source

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The arbitrator is wrong.

No he's not. Jimmy Graham is indeed a TE. Not what you would call a revelation (at least to most).

It will not be long before the TE tag number is increase significantly. All it will take is a few more deals to be signed like the one Graham will be signing. There are some fantastic young TEs in the game today who will be signing those deals.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.

JDM your buckets are getting outrageous. Can I get some coupons for this weekend, like free? And you had the original white suit, not John Taravolta in Saturday Night Fever

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal is that he is a TE. Sucks for him but he needs to get over it. I will agree that TE money should be much higher as they are used in a different way as the position was back in the day.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you the quote they specifically referred to. There's nothing left to debate.

Well lets see.......

He claims he is a TE when he excepts the probowl (as a TE)
The NFL who wrote the rules says he is a TE
The Arbitrator that interrupts the rules says he is a TE

Logic dictates he is a TE.

Yep ......... nothing left to debate!

The arbitrator is wrong.

(unless you are gonna debate everyone that disagrees with you is wrong.... Oh wait, the debate continues)

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a TE...., the team, the NFL, and the Arbitrator are not all wrong.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I draft him as a TE in my fantasy football league, so yeah