• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it too early in the NFL season to....

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that sums thing up pretty well, it's about who is a good FF player not who is a good NFL player. News flash a player doesn't have to throw for 400+ yards to be good, winning makes you good not stats. God i hate FF, it's completely ruined the game. Oh another thing to look at is offensive scheme....I know there are many to thing to look at and it's get confusing, but give it a shot sometime.

offensive scheme is often dictated by personnel...so your team being a pound the ball please don't throw an INT offensive scheme would tell you what about your offensive personnel?

Meanwhile the Lions throwing constantly would tell you what about their offensive personnel?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that sums thing up pretty well, it's about who is a good FF player not who is a good NFL player. News flash a player doesn't have to throw for 400+ yards to be good, winning makes you good not stats. God i hate FF, it's completely ruined the game. Oh another thing to look at is offensive scheme....I know there are many to thing to look at and it's get confusing, but give it a shot sometime.

Seriously dude go take some reading classes. I said that I know Fantasy Football is not a good showing of how a player is but that it can show how much of an impact a player makes in a game of whether a coach asks a quarterback to carry the team or not. Flacco is a decent quarterback but nobody is going to think he is Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or any of the other top passers in the league. He is a good game manager who knows his role of not turning the ball over and allowing his running game to keep games close and his defense to go and make plays. He is a good deep ball thrower which works well with the speed receivers he has and how teams have to respect the run with Ray Rice. His short and intermediate throwing ability are what keep him mediocre in the NFL though. He is not the guy I would pick with 2 minutes left on the clock down by 6 to lead the team down the field. IF he cannot hit the deep throw and is pressured into just marching the team down the field 5-10 yards at a time he just seems to panic as it is not his strength.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offensive scheme is often dictated by personnel...so your team being a pound the ball please don't throw an INT offensive scheme would tell you what about your offensive personnel?

Meanwhile the Lions throwing constantly would tell you what about their offensive personnel?

there you go again troll boy "so your team being a pound the ball please don't throw an INT offensive scheme"

Ravens have a franchise RB, Lions don't, hummm. i wonder why one team runs more than the other. Please shut up and go back to posting on the loser Lions board.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder where all the Steelers money is. because their OLine is not good WR are later round picks. they have zero running backs. Is Ben, Woodley, Polamalu really making that much money.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously dude go take some reading classes. I said that I know Fantasy Football is not a good showing of how a player is but that it can show how much of an impact a player makes in a game of whether a coach asks a quarterback to carry the team or not. Flacco is a decent quarterback but nobody is going to think he is Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or any of the other top passers in the league. He is a good game manager who knows his role of not turning the ball over and allowing his running game to keep games close and his defense to go and make plays. He is a good deep ball thrower which works well with the speed receivers he has and how teams have to respect the run with Ray Rice. His short and intermediate throwing ability are what keep him mediocre in the NFL though. He is not the guy I would pick with 2 minutes left on the clock down by 6 to lead the team down the field. IF he cannot hit the deep throw and is pressured into just marching the team down the field 5-10 yards at a time he just seems to panic as it is not his strength.

yea, he is more like Joe Montana when asked to carry a team, than those other guys you listed. Im mean he was only asked to carry the team last year, when the defense and the running game dropped off and ut up great FF stats.

I get it it's all about FF and how great of stats he puts up....average stats and winning means you suck, great stats and losing means you're great...thanks for educating me.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wish next season....you don't want to meet us in the post season again.

Actually, I hope more than anything we see you in the playoffs. In 97, we were able to avenge our loss to Jacksonville in the previous playoffs on our way to the Super Bowl. I'd love to avenge the Ravens loss in the playoffs on the way to the Super Bowl again.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there you go again troll boy "so your team being a pound the ball please don't throw an INT offensive scheme"

Ravens have a franchise RB, Lions don't, hummm. i wonder why one team runs more than the other. Please shut up and go back to posting on the loser Lions board.

settle down buddy, I took a little shot there because I could not help myself. :D

I am just showing the extreme example of a throw it offense and how the different personnel dictates offensive scheme. We can not run through a wet paper bag. By default our passing attack is much better then add in a pretty good QB and the best WR in the league and we pass the ball every play. When we had Barry we ran ran pass punted every series.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, he is more like Joe Montana when asked to carry a team, than those other guys you listed. Im mean he was only asked to carry the team last year, when the defense and the running game dropped off and ut up great FF stats.

I get it it's all about FF and how great of stats he puts up....average stats and winning means you suck, great stats and losing means you're great...thanks for educating me.

Is English your Native Language? Really starting to question that...I said it can help to show the impact that a player is expected to make on the team. Rodgers is expected to do more for the Packers and impact whether they win or not on a weekly basis way more than Flacco is for the Ravens. Part of that is personnel such as he doesn't have as good of a running back but has better receivers so it makes sense to play to your strengths. It also has to do with the fact that Rodgers is just a better passer than Flacco. There is a reason Rodgers is considered the best quarterback in the league. He can do it all at any point in the game with no threat of a running game or a good OL in front of him.

Flacco on the other hand the Ravens play to his strengths which is the deep ball. They have a good OL, great running attack, and speed on the outside to spread the defense. They also for years had a great defense that kept games low scoring so for Flacco it was a matter of don't put the defense in a bad situation by a turnover. It doesn't make him a bad quarterback and I am sure there are about 20 franchises that wouldn't mind having Flacco on their team right now. It does however mean he has a few limitations as a quarterback as most do.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the fact is I honestly don't think the Ravens make the playoffs this season. Of course I could be wrong, but they don't look like a playoff team to me.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
settle down buddy, I took a little shot there because I could not help myself. :D

I am just showing the extreme example of a throw it offense and how the different personnel dictates offensive scheme. We can not run through a wet paper bag. By default our passing attack is much better then add in a pretty good QB and the best WR in the league and we pass the ball every play. When we had Barry we ran ran pass punted every series.

and the Ravens are a balanced team, and that's why you don't see the great FF QB stats, because being a balanced team wins more game then being a one dimensional team.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the fact is I honestly don't think the Ravens make the playoffs this season. Of course I could be wrong, but they don't look like a playoff team to me.

it's week 2 and they are in first place. i don't see the need to panic like you do but then again i'm not hoping for the ravens to fail.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder where all the Steelers money is. because their OLine is not good WR are later round picks. they have zero running backs. Is Ben, Woodley, Polamalu really making that much money.

Base 2013 2014
Ben Roethlisberger QB 2,600,000 13,595,000 17,895,000
Troy Polamalu S 7,500,000 10,137,500 10,887,500
Ike Taylor CB 6,000,000 9,454,166 10,454,166
LaMarr Woodley OLB,LB 3,600,000 9,190,000 13,590,000
Heath Miller TE 5,162,000 7,958,500 7,966,500

That's their top 5.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this rate, it will take the Steelers almost 5 games to score as many points as the Broncos score in one.

The Steelers are only allowing 18 points a game. And they are 0-2.

That offense is really abysmal right now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, people just love to bash on Flacco. They will give anything and anyone credit before having to do so with Flacco. I don't quite understand it. It's actually very strange, but whatever. The Ravens will continue winning with Flacco and people will continue coming up with new things and new people to give the credit to.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't have to look like a playoff team to make the playoffs. Remember:

all the Ravens have to be is better than Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Cleveland to make the playoffs. No matter other teams in the NFL are better than them.

After two weeks, the only question is are they better than Cincinnati.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeCastro is a bust.

pouncey.gif

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeCastro is a bust.

pouncey.gif

I will not so far to say a second year guy is a bust but there were plenty of times last night that I saw him get blown up by the Bengals line. He just looks too small to be playing an interior line man.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that the play that Pouncy was injured on? If so, wow!

He should have been flagged for a chop block.