• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to take the Kings seriously?

Is it time to take the Kings seriously?

• Yes, they have quality wins and things are looking up.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, put the crack pipe down and back away slowly.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing that the rumor was that he had vision problems. But basketball is always about chemistry and he dominates the ball too much for teams not playing hero ball.

Allegedly the reason why the Kings let Thomas walk was because they had 'good numbers' when Gay and Cousins were on the court without Thomas hogging the ball.

Idk how someone averaging over 6 assists per game on a BAD team could be considered a ball hog. *sips tea*

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk how someone averaging over 6 assists per game on a BAD team could be considered a ball hog. *sips tea*
It had something to do with him holding the ball too long so Gay and Cousins weren't given enough time to work. Grantland had an article on it last year because everyone was trying to figure out why the Kings were so eager to get rid of Thomas when the Gay, Cousins, Thomas nucleus were the best things the Kings have had in years.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had something to do with him holding the ball too long so Gay and Cousins weren't given enough time to work. Grantland had an article on it last year because everyone was trying to figure out why the Kings were so eager to get rid of Thomas when the Gay, Cousins, Thomas nucleus were the best things the Kings have had in years.

Yeah I saw that. It sounds like a lame excuse from them to me. Markieff Morris is having no problem whatsoever adjusting to Thomas. He's actually playing much better this year. I will admit Dragic has started slow, but he did last year too before he went on an absolute tear so I'm not too concerned with that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that. It sounds like a lame excuse from them to me. Markieff Morris is having no problem whatsoever adjusting to Thomas. He's actually playing much better this year. I will admit Dragic has started slow, but he did last year too before he went on an absolute tear so I'm not too concerned with that.

The difference is that Markieff isn't a player who needs to dominate the ball to be successful. Rudy Gay and Cousins both need the ball in their hands to be productive players. Markieff is great playing off the ball, in the P&R and on the pick and pop. His success isn't related to IT because of the nature of his game.

Rudy Gay on the other hand needs to have the ball in his hands to create for himself. He's never been great off the ball, and his whole career has consisted of dominating the ball.

It's also the reason the early Heat (Lebron, Wade & Bosh) and now the Cavs (Lebron, Love and Irving) are having a hard time gelling. They have three guys who were used to playing with the ball in their hands and need to adjust before any cohesion can exist.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of that post, City. Maybe IT just wasn't the right guy for their personnel, I don't think he dominates the ball as much as they say he does, though. He's a really good spot up shooter and is very good at knifing his way into the lane and dishing it out. He spaces the floor pretty well.

I'd still take Thomas over Collison any day of the week.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of that post, City. Maybe IT just wasn't the right guy for their personnel, I don't think he dominates the ball as much as they say he does, though. He's a really good spot up shooter and is very good at knifing his way into the lane and dishing it out. He spaces the floor pretty well.

I'd still take Thomas over Collison any day of the week.

Agree.

Btw, I love Markieff's game and his development. He has a nice 15 year career ahead of him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If DMC has his head right, he will be the best Center in the NbA in the next 2 Seasons.

* Anthony Davis is a PF*

Rudy Gay scares me because he's in a contract year.

If either of those SG draft picks give them anything, they could be a spoiler team...imo

But, no playoffs this Season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "seriously". Playoffs? Not yet. As a team that aren't bums anymore? Yes. I figured they'd be pretty frisky this year anyway just because of Cousins development. Could easily see them finishing just a tad under .500.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Queens. The River City Queens.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they just beat us in Double OT. Wasn't really impressed with Gay or Collison but Cousins was dominant. They just kept hanging around and Hornacek refused to use the bench in a double OT game. Really makes no sense to me.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings will be a playoff team... Suns suck!! Clippers soft, lakers garbage... OKC snake bit....

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone salty the suns play no D and are average at best kings are better

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns fans vote yes after the game last night

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings will be a playoff team... Suns suck!! Clippers soft, lakers garbage... OKC snake bit....

Dude shut up. Don't come out the wood works because the Kings are doing good. I'm happy they are doing good. It's a LONG season. Don't jinx this team you ass!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next person who mentions how bad the Lakers are, will get sat on by a 400 pound lady, asshole naked, and haven't took a shower in two weeks and is on her period!

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next person who mentions how bad the Lakers are, will get sat on by a 400 pound lady, asshole naked, and haven't took a shower in two weeks and is on her period!

The Lakers suck!!!! Now bring on the fat lady!:yahoo:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got 2 out of 3.

The Suns don't suck.

The Kings will play spoiler and ruin some other teams playoff hopes* hopefully not mine *, maybe finish in a similar position as the Suns did last season.

I think people forget that Landry missed damn near the whole Season and he is a quality player to add to the mix.

Bu,t they are not making the post season...imo