• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it time to start rooting for the Red Sox?

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fun cheering for them to lose because they are the darling of ESPN, but the Angels are about to be 2.0 games back of them, barring Boston somehow rallies in the bottom of the 9th.

Unbelievable.

It stinks that you can't play your own division in the first round in this case.

It's time to hope Boston hangs on because the Rays are having trouble taking advantage now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ideally we get the #2 seed (I do not want to go on the road against NYY/Detroit). That would make defending the AL Championship much harder. Then I'd like to see us host Boston. I hope both the Rays/Sox fade down the stretch and we keep the Angels out. It would be cool to see to AL West teams in it, but I want no part of Detroit in short series, especially not on the road.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see Cliff Lee pitch at The Ballpark - his personal house of horrors, especially against our offense!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies don't hit well vs LHP. I think we're the one team that can beat them if we can make it that far.

As for Boston, I'm kind of torn. I'd love for us to beat them but I'd love to see them collapse further after being the hottest team for most of the season. I do know that if we do beat them, ESPN will focus more on making excuses for them instead of hyping us up.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies don't hit well vs LHP. I think we're the one team that can beat them if we can make it that far.

As for Boston, I'm kind of torn. I'd love for us to beat them but I'd love to see them collapse further after being the hottest team for most of the season. I do know that if we do beat them, ESPN will focus more on making excuses for them instead of hyping us up.

reminds me of some other nba team that just beat some other nba team

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I'm a Spurs fan, you wont get any Mavs sympathy from me!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Know I can be annoying to some when I am in my carniverous mood. But that's the way it is ... and you never cheer for an opponent no matter if they are just hanging on or surging.

You go into the playoffs expecting to win no matter who you play. The only thing in TEX sights right now is winning each game they play.

It makes no difference what the teams behind you do if you win every night.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Cliff Lee pitch at The Ballpark - his personal house of horrors, especially against our offense!

Unfortunately, he's going to want to bring those other guys and you know what they say about pitching.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be rooting for the Red Sox, evah! But at this point I think the Angels and Angel fans all should be rooting for the Rangers to clinch before the final series. Angels now have practically no shot to bypass the Rangers. Their hope lies in the Wild Card and they need to win out in my opinion. Be much easier to do if the Rangers are resting their guys for that final series.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think since Jaar brought this up that the best scenario would be for both the Rangers and the Angels to make the post season. The Angels pitching staff is great and they would then have to play in NY. They could possibly beat them if things fall right for them. That means the Rangers would play Detroit and we don't know who gets home field at this point. Rangers can beat Detroit but it will be difficult. Rangers have owned the Angels all year. So this could possibly set up a Rangers/Angels championship series where I really like the Rangers chances. Rangers are the better team.

Desertdawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to see Tampa as the Wild Card. First, we beat them last year. Secondly, and more importantly, I'd love not to see Boston make the playoffs. They are the lesser of two 'evils' between them and NY. Hopefully, soon, we don't have either the Yankees or the Red Sox in the playoffs. That would make my year! Probably, wont happen in my life time, but it would be a beautiful thing. But realistically, it will be Boston as the wild card, but we will have more wins than the Tigers and gain home field. We will go to the World Series again. Against the Phillies, not sure who will win, but I think it will be closer than last year either way. Bank it!

Last edited by a moderator: