• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it October yet??????????

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I've ever been so excited for an upcoming Lightning season than this year. On paper I think this team has a chance to represent the east in the stanley cup finals, there isn't a powerhouse in the east and it's wide open for taking. On paper this team looks good, really good infact and it's credit to Mr Vinik and Stevie Y and the lightning organization but especially Steve Y who I think is the best GM in the league and I think finally he's getting recognition around the league for his work.

We all knew we were fine upfront, it's was all about addressing our D and we threw our ideas about mainly thinking we would land 1 Defenseman via FA or Trade but Yzerman lands 2 top 4 Dmen to address our D and really solidifying our only real weakness, Hats of to Stevie Y! Then he also adds some size down the middle of the ice by getting Brian Boyle and solidifying our goaltending by landing a vet goalie in Nabokov.

The only slight concern I have is will the young guys live up to the expectation? Last year there was no real expectation on them, that will be different this year, people know how talented these guys are they have to deliver for us to be successful. Projecting our team 8 of the 23 players will be 27 or older, that goes to show how young this team will look next year. Outside of the youth/expectation factor, I don't have much doubt this team will have a successful 2014-2015 campaign, is it October yet people?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lightning are going to be better then most people think! I can see us winning the east getting 1st! Really the penguins did not improve also boston did not improve. People are going to be surprised but watch out for drouin he will win the Calder! Watch out for bret Connolly he is going to surprise people this year. My prediction lightning vs the ducks in the Stanley cup finals. For the record I don't think yzerman is done yet! I think brewer could get dumped and something else comes in steve Otto I think! To give are line 4 more grit.