• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is it just me or

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do I see a lot more of the Cards, Brewers, and Tigers in the post season commercials? Seems like every other commercial has been Tigers and Brewers and now they have the Chris Carpenter commercial.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you aren't wrong. their attitude is if they can't have the Yankees, Phillies or Red Soxs, then they take teams that are as close to the East Coast as possible. MLB is now praying for a Milwaukee-Detroit series to satisfy the East Coast sponsors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't sweat it. We're the defending AL Champs and one game away from doing it again! That's all that matters. The FOX announcers seem to like our team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is we're going to have one awesome commercial going into the world series!

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you aren't wrong. their attitude is if they can't have the Yankees, Phillies or Red Soxs, then they take teams that are as close to the East Coast as possible. MLB is now praying for a Milwaukee-Detroit series to satisfy the East Coast sponsors

That would undoubtedly be their worst case scenario and the lowest possible ratings. People are now familiar with just how good and exciting the Rangers are. I would think of the possible matchups their preference would be:

Cards - Rangers
Cards - Tigers
Brewers - Rangers
Brewers - Tigers

However, in legitimate sport (not the NBA) TV networks don't get to choose the teams that play. It is decided on the field.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it. We're the defending AL Champs and one game away from doing it again! That's all that matters. The FOX announcers seem to like our team.

They are all over the Rangers with praise in this weeks Sports Illustrated. Great read.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for the Cardinals. Pujols is a household name. Casual fans don't care about Prince, Braun, or the Brewers.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for the Cardinals. Pujols is a household name. Casual fans don't care about Prince, Braun, or the Brewers.

and if the rangers were interested in any free agent other than CJ, in my book it should be Pujols

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would undoubtedly be their worst case scenario and the lowest possible ratings. People are now familiar with just how good and exciting the Rangers are. I would think of the possible matchups their preference would be:

Cards - Rangers
Cards - Tigers
Brewers - Rangers
Brewers - Tigers

However, in legitimate sport (not the NBA) TV networks don't get to choose the teams that play. It is decided on the field.

I'm hoping for a Rangers-Cardinals series.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is we're going to have one awesome commercial going into the world series!

i'll bet that whichever NL teams makes it will get more coverage in the commercials than the Rangers. that's the way it was last year you saw 3 or 4 times more SF than us

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be the worst possible scenario for MLB and their East Coast sponsors

That doesn't make any sense at all. The Cardinals have a lot of fans everywhere. I think the Rangers do as well. Not sure why you think Detroit or Milwaukee are more "East Coast" than St. Louis. All three are pretty much the definition of middle America. St. Louis has a huge following and the Rangers reside in a very populous state. Milwaukee?? Can't even make a decent beer.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make any sense at all. The Cardinals have a lot of fans everywhere. I think the Rangers do as well. Not sure why you think Detroit or Milwaukee are more "East Coast" than St. Louis. All three are pretty much the definition of middle America. St. Louis has a huge following and the Rangers reside in a very populous state. Milwaukee?? Can't even make a decent beer.

just my feeling. you're probably right

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't really care about the ratings as long the as the games are played in prime-time! Rangers vs. Cardinals or Brewers would be a fun match-up. All four of the teams remaining are VERY good! Who care's what the east-coast haters have to say. They can whine and cry and watch our teams!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order of ratings winners for a potential World Series matchup:

Cards-Tigers
Cards-Rangers
Brewers-Tigers
Brewers-Rangers

Cardinals have a national following and put people in front of TV sets. Very popular team with very knowledgeable fans.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you value the Tigers over the Rangers? I don't think the Tigers would draw better than the Rangers.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't value the Tigers over the Rangers, but the nation would.

Tigers are a historic franchise, city in the middle of disastrous economic hardship, eastern time zone market. Rangers are young and exciting, but haven't made a big imprint nationally...yet.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be the worst possible scenario for MLB and their East Coast sponsors

As far as the Rangers go the east coast better get used to it. They may be around for a while.
The Cardinals have a large fan base here in the DFW area so having the two teams in the WS wouldn't be a such a bad thing..especially if you like red and blue.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do I see a lot more of the Cards, Brewers, and Tigers in the post season commercials? Seems like every other commercial has been Tigers and Brewers and now they have the Chris Carpenter commercial.

Spot on. Seems like it is always the Brewer commercial on. Maybe other teams don't see themselves and see the Rangers.