• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Just A 3rd Round Pick And Fuller

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.. we are changing the standards again?? Why am I not surprised.

What standards? You should be happy we got Smith in the situation that we were in.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What standards? You should be happy we got Smith in the situation that we were in.

Why should I be happy?? We got an older version of Cousins at BEST. IM doing exactly what you have done the past two years. IM holding Smith to the SAME standards I expected from Cousins if we had resigned him. 11 wins and a wild card win at minimum.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I be happy?? We got an older version of Cousins at BEST. IM doing exactly what you have done the past two years. IM holding Smith to the SAME standards I expected from Cousins if we had resigned him. 11 wins and a wild card win at minimum.

I have been predicting 10 win seasons the last two years. So I am going to stick with that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been predicting 10 win seasons the last two years. So I am going to stick with that.

But.. .Smith is a better QB... so wouldn't one expect a better result than what the bum we just decided not to keep couldn't get any way??

If Smith is as good as you proclaim, shouldn't that be 11 wins and the Division??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But.. .Smith is a better QB... so wouldn't one expect a better result than what the bum we just decided not to keep couldn't get any way??

If Smith is as good as you proclaim, shouldn't that be 11 wins and the Division??

When did I call KC a bum? I don't think he is worth the money here. Right now yes my opinion I believe Smith is the better QB right now. Why cant I say that?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I call KC a bum? I don't think he is worth the money here. Right now yes my opinion I believe Smith is the better QB right now. Why cant I say that?

When did I say Smith was the worst QB in the league???

You believe Smith is the better QB. SO again.. if you believe he is better, wouldn't you expect BETTER than you did from Cousins??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess from your perspective this makes sense, but I think that it has more to do with the "ASS" factor and an emotional tie to Kirk that anything else.

You asked a question. I clearly answered the difference and it is a huge difference, technically two huge differences.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked a question. I clearly answered the difference and it is a huge difference, technically two huge differences.

I gave you props for seeing things that way from your perspective. Just because I don't agree, doesn't make your perspective less valid...right?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you props for seeing things that way from your perspective. Just because I don't agree, doesn't make your perspective less valid...right?

You never made the claim before though. You also asked a question. Your perspective of my answer has no bearing on the validity of my statements.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc wouldn't of signed Smiths contract. Kc is going to get 30m per season and probably 25mg more money. Why cant you understand this? No puppets its just reality right now

why cant you understand puppet that we could have gotten the same type pf qb in FA without giving up capitol . that has nothing to do with whether KC signs or not allen puppet deflection king

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why cant you understand puppet that we could have gotten the same type pf qb in FA without giving up capitol . that has nothing to do with whether KC signs or not allen puppet deflection king

this is where we disagree. I do not not believe the FA QB's to be are better than Smith

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where we disagree. I do not not believe the FA QB's to be are better than Smith
how about you quote me correctly ? i said and have said JUST AS DAMN GOOD not better damn get it through your puppet head . what do you fucking need a coloring book and crayons to help you read fucking english ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about you quote me correctly ? i said and have said JUST AS DAMN GOOD not better damn get it through your puppet head . what do you fucking need a coloring book and crayons to help you read fucking english ?

no puppet at all. No way those QBs are just as good as Smith. You are just a hater for even mentioning that those qbs are just as good as Smith.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no puppet at all. No way those QBs are just as good as Smith. You are just a hater for even mentioning that those qbs are just as good as Smith.
oh yes they are puppet

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - not sure about anyone else here, but I am just trying to move fwd & hope that this works out as well as possible for the Redskins. Being objective it was obvious that the Skins & Cousins were never going to agree on a LTD (yes mainly due to the Skins past actions). With that in mind I don't really have an issue with going w/ Smith while the long term answer is developed over the next few years.

I do truly regret that Fuller was part of the deal. With all of that in mind - it is all water under the bridge now, and I just don't want to keep bitching till the end of time. Time to move on & as I have always maintained w/ former Redskins - good luck to Cousins, but I really won't care about him now.

Just hoping for some decent moves over the rest of the offseason. I wanted the team to keep Cousins, but I am also a little relieved that at least some type of decision was made. Only way to judge any of this will be what happens over next few seasons - we will see.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - not sure about anyone else here, but I am just trying to move fwd & hope that this works out as well as possible for the Redskins. Being objective it was obvious that the Skins & Cousins were never going to agree on a LTD (yes mainly due to the Skins past actions). With that in mind I don't really have an issue with going w/ Smith while the long term answer is developed over the next few years.

I do truly regret that Fuller was part of the deal. With all of that in mind - it is all water under the bridge now, and I just don't want to keep bitching till the end of time. Time to move on & as I have always maintained w/ former Redskins - good luck to Cousins, but I really won't care about him now.

Just hoping for some decent moves over the rest of the offseason. I wanted the team to keep Cousins, but I am also a little relieved that at least some type of decision was made. Only way to judge any of this will be what happens over next few seasons - we will see.

I completely agree with you and appreciate this post, Thank you!

Truth is, some of us realized that there would be no LTD a couple of years back, unfortunately, others did not and are now going through well established, and classically, the five stages of grief. They are;
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. Acceptance

In time, hopefully, they will all come to acceptance, as you clearly have and move on, but this won't come uniformly, so, we can still expect these posts to continue until such time as they all do.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with you and appreciate this post, Thank you!

Truth is, some of us realized that there would be no LTD a couple of years back, unfortunately, others did not and are now going through well established, and classically, the five stages of grief. They are;
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. Acceptance

In time, hopefully, they will all come to acceptance, as you clearly have and move on, but this won't come uniformly, so, we can still expect these posts to continue until such time as they all do.

Good post. I actually kind of surprised myself on this one. On the nt of the trade I didn't know what to think, but someone that I know said that they were alright w/ the trade & I didn't feel as bad after that. This was before I realized that Fuller was part of the deal. Not thrilled about that but what are you going to do.

The whole Skins-Cousins situation was kind of like a long term breakup for many. You may hate it but at least eventually there is some type of relief & honestly no objective person truly believed that these two were going to settle on any type of long term agreement (& blame can be placed on both sides). I guess that we have to eventually reach stage 5 on your list or find another team (which is never an option for me).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. I actually kind of surprised myself on this one. On the nt of the trade I didn't know what to think, but someone that I know said that they were alright w/ the trade & I didn't feel as bad after that. This was before I realized that Fuller was part of the deal. Not thrilled about that but what are you going to do.

The whole Skins-Cousins situation was kind of like a long term breakup for many. You may hate it but at least eventually there is some type of relief & honestly no objective person truly believed that these two were going to settle on any type of long term agreement (& blame can be placed on both sides). I guess that we have to eventually reach stage 5 on your list or find another team (which is never an option for me).

Stage 5, or acceptance, comes with the realization that it's time to heal from the loss and move on to other things. In this case, drafts, trades, free agency, the various camps along with play on the field, not another team. Just wanted to make that point clear.

What's going to be interesting to me is Kirk's return in different colors, how folks will greet him, and/or pull for or against his success against our guys.