• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Just A 3rd Round Pick And Fuller

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Redskin fan I will be rooting for Smith. That doesn't mean I don't think the FO fucked this up big time. But who knows, maybe I am wrong. If Smith lights it up then I think Redskin fans will be happy and all the ABCers will be :wank:... if Smith sucks and Cousin's does well all the KC supporters will be :lm:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't HAVE to wait to make him an offer until free agency. They own his rights UNTIL March 14 and were free to negotiate with him. They never even tried.

As far as me being mad... I of all people expected them to find some new and exciting way to do what they have done the past 20 years... put lipstick on the pig and convince people like you... this time it will work.

Didn't KC say he wanted to wait until FA? No way KC signs before FA. Especially with the rocky relationship with BA.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't KC say he wanted to wait until FA? No way KC signs before FA. Especially with the rocky relationship with BA.

You are so full of shit. So because he said I want to wait until FA, this in your mind justifies Bruce making no attempt to contact him or his agent.

But I'm glad you have made the statement Smith is a better QB. So we should win the Division with Smith being as he is a better QB correct??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so full of shit. So because he said I want to wait until FA, this in your mind justifies Bruce making no attempt to contact him or his agent.

But I'm glad you have made the statement Smith is a better QB. So we should win the Division with Smith being as he is a better QB correct??

I think Smith will have similar stats like KC had. Well if we get a running game maybe its different.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith will have similar stats like KC had. Well if we get a running game maybe its different.

So as some have said.. we basically made this move to tread water and save a few cap dollars.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what FA qb would that be? Alex Smith is worth more than Fuller considering our situation going into FA. Again, we had no leverage going into FA and we still got a top QB in Smith. The cost was Fuller and a 3rd. Considering the situation we were in its not bad at all.

You are not comprehending that the SKins were not going to meet KC's asking price at probably almost 30m per season. So this was the fall back plan. Give me Alex Smith all day long at the expense of Fuller. Are you really comparing the two?

KC was going to be gone , i get that dean so catch up , the fact is you didnt have to give up anyone to sign a FA who is just as good as check down charlie

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree I think Smith is a little better then Cousins the age slightly sucks and we drafted Moreau have more cash to spend and now we don't have to worry about selecting a QB with our 1st round unless someone is there that we just can't pass up

Theres not much evidence to support the idea that Smith is better.

The odds Moreau ends up as good as Fuller arent great.

We wouldnt have had to worry about QB if we resigned Cousins. As it stands now we still need a QB of the future.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off a 3rd round isnt a given it depends on what we do in FA . 2nd we got older and we still have a guy who cant carry a team (one of the beefs about KC ) we stand to lose 3 of our top defenders BB brown and now fuller with no proven replacements plus the depth took a serious hit . the money we paid smith was the money we could have paid KC in 2015 . but at least we will be 7-9 again but it will cost less . and by the way the cap savings didnt really turn out either

giphy.gif

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it didn't. Cle will pay 30M per year for Cousins in FA. The bidding war will be with the Jets and Browns. KC will get vastly overpaid. The Skins did not want to pay KC that type of money that is why the trade was made. It made sense b/c the Skins weren't going to sign him long term at KC asking price.

I said that!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC was going to be gone , i get that dean so catch up , the fact is you didnt have to give up anyone to sign a FA who is just as good as check down charlie

no FA QB is better than Smith. I don't get what you are saying. We needed to do something now and we did it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no FA QB is better than Smith. I don't get what you are saying. We needed to do something now and we did it.
just as good dean read it just as good didnt say better i said just as good . smith the player i dont mind smith the trade capitol , i do

taylor , bradford , bridgewater , keenum hell even AJ mccarron all bring what alex brings and could be had for the same or less money and we didnt have to give up picks and our starting slot corner with a 6th overall coverage rating to get a declining alex smith . (he has only downside left )

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is, true to form they panicked. And what they did was once again over pay for some one elses semi star player.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deans' we needed tp do something so we did it " remarks is just plain stupid . have patience dont rush and make smart choices

dean is allen's puppet

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deans' we needed tp do something so we did it " remarks is just plain stupid . have patience dont rush and make smart choices

dean is allen's puppet

We needed to do something so we did it....

This kind of mindset is what I LOVED when I did Car and Bike sales. The person who NEEDED a car was usually the guy who's head got ripped off at the closing table. Because they NEEDED a car, they were willing to take on a new car payment, on a used car with far too many miles and a payment they would regret about a year into the loan.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is fuller pro bowler

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is fuller pro bowler

He doesn't have to be a pro bowl player.

Fact.... we NOW have another hole that needs to be filled.

Fact.. .we did NOT save the tons of cap space moving on from Kirk was supposed to achieve

Fact... We did not get vastly better at the QB position.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just as good dean read it just as good didnt say better i said just as good . smith the player i dont mind smith the trade capitol , i do

taylor , bradford , bridgewater , keenum hell even AJ mccarron all bring what alex brings and could be had for the same or less money and we didnt have to give up picks and our starting slot corner with a 6th overall coverage rating to get a declining alex smith . (he has only downside left )

that is insane you are comparing those guys to alex smith.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, true to form they panicked. And what they did was once again over pay for some one elses semi star player.

once again the situation that we were in it was a good move.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again the situation that we were in it was a good move.

You stick with that Dean...

History of THIS team has shown, its never a good move to over pay in both cap space and draft/player resources for some one elses aging player that they are moving on from any way.