• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Just A 3rd Round Pick And Fuller

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a minute. where did you get that bullshit? I like d KC I don't think he is worth the money that he will be getting. Smith will be just as good or better in this system. That is my prediction. The Skins knew they couldnt resign KC at his number. Why bother offering?

Plus what about the signing of Dunbar? You left him out of the conversation. Norman, Dunbar, Moreau, and Hosley. I don't see a real hole there. Sure they could add a guy but I don't see a high draft pick or big time FA. At pick #13 im looking at the FSU safety right now.

exhibit b)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a minute. where did you get that bullshit? I like d KC I don't think he is worth the money that he will be getting. Smith will be just as good or better in this system. That is my prediction. The Skins knew they couldnt resign KC at his number. Why bother offering?

I would be negligent if I didnt point out you were all over Cousins for NOT counter offering. But when the Skins dont even attempt to negotiate.. cool beans huh?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be negligent if I didnt point out you were all over Cousins for NOT counter offering. But when the Skins dont even attempt to negotiate.. cool beans huh?

b/c they already wanted to move on with him now b/c we have no leverage. KC always wanted to become a FA. YOu simply wont believe that. I knew once the first tag was placed on him that we as a team lost all leverage and KC wanted the Franchise tag again last year. ITs funny that you guys thik he was really going to sign back here. If KC wanted to be here long term last year he would of countered. He didn't b/c he WANTED to hit FA. YOu still deny that to this day which is hilarious.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c they already wanted to move on with him now b/c we have no leverage. KC always wanted to become a FA. YOu simply wont believe that. I knew once the first tag was placed on him that we as a team lost all leverage and KC wanted the Franchise tag again last year. ITs funny that you guys thik he was really going to sign back here. If KC wanted to be here long term last year he would of countered. He didn't b/c he WANTED to hit FA. YOu still deny that to this day which is hilarious.

And if they actually wanted him long term, he wouldnt have needed to counter. You refuse to accept that. IM glad they moved on for Cousins sake. The fact that you are even remotely considering they should draft Allen SHOULD he slip tells me you are still nothing more than a glamour groupie. MOst people realise that should Allen slip, Bruce should be on the phone trying to deal the pick, not contemplating pissing off the QB we just committed to for the next 3-5 years.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller on the trade

It wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t more like the Redskins were looking to get rid of me. I think they saw a guy they needed to bring in, and I think the Chiefs were bringing it to them like, “If you want this guy, you’ll have to give up Kendall Fuller.” All of them were upset I had to go, so it’s not like they were trying to kick me out the door. It was a little bit emotional, especially having my DB coach out there, Torrian Gray … but it wasn’t too bad though.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they actually wanted him long term, he wouldnt have needed to counter. You refuse to accept that. IM glad they moved on for Cousins sake. The fact that you are even remotely considering they should draft Allen SHOULD he slip tells me you are still nothing more than a glamour groupie. MOst people realise that should Allen slip, Bruce should be on the phone trying to deal the pick, not contemplating pissing off the QB we just committed to for the next 3-5 years.

No doubt is was a low ball offer but they did not want to pay him huge money b/c they felt he wasn't worth it. Both parties did not want the long term deal. KC wanted to hit FA and the SKins FO did not want to make him the highest paid player in football. We ended up with Alex Smith which was huge in this situation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt is was a low ball offer but they did not want to pay him huge money b/c they felt he wasn't worth it. Both parties did not want the long term deal. KC wanted to hit FA and the SKins FO did not want to make him the highest paid player in football. We ended up with Alex Smith which was huge in this situation.

They gave him a lowball offer because they didnt really want him. If they could have gotten him on the cheap, they would take him. BUt also lets not forget that there is a level of saving face to all this. At best, if Kirk goes on to do well else where, Bruce can still say.. well we tried. I think when they had a real chance to keep him, he wanted to be here despite everything. But once Bruce made it known that they were more worried about doing right by the other QB the relationship was soured.

As for getting Smith being huge.. again perception is all that was about. If they pay Smith $71M and the team doesnt improve, it will be seen as a failure. Like it or not, for this to look good Smith has to succeed and Cousins has to fail at his new spot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glamour groupie fits dean to a tee

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave him a lowball offer because they didnt really want him. If they could have gotten him on the cheap, they would take him. BUt also lets not forget that there is a level of saving face to all this. At best, if Kirk goes on to do well else where, Bruce can still say.. well we tried. I think when they had a real chance to keep him, he wanted to be here despite everything. But once Bruce made it known that they were more worried about doing right by the other QB the relationship was soured.

As for getting Smith being huge.. again perception is all that was about. If they pay Smith $71M and the team doesnt improve, it will be seen as a failure. Like it or not, for this to look good Smith has to succeed and Cousins has to fail at his new spot.

True Bruce and other feel that Smith can have just as good or better season than KC for a lot less money. Money is a motivator in this scenario.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Bruce and other feel that Smith can have just as good or better season than KC for a lot less money. Money is a motivator in this scenario.

Bruce and others felt that

1. JAson Campbell could be the guy
2. Patrick Ramsey could be the guy
3. McNabb could be the guy
4. RG3 could be the guy

NO you can scream it was all about the money all you like. But FACT is, Dan has never been shy about spending his money and cap space in a player that fits his criteria. That criteria usually has less to do with ability than it does star factor. Smith being a former #1 pick, recent pro bowler and MVP candidate FITS his criteria alot more than Cousins does. So while money was A factor, it was by no means THE factor.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce and others felt that

1. JAson Campbell could be the guy
2. Patrick Ramsey could be the guy
3. McNabb could be the guy
4. RG3 could be the guy

NO you can scream it was all about the money all you like. But FACT is, Dan has never been shy about spending his money and cap space in a player that fits his criteria. That criteria usually has less to do with ability than it does star factor. Smith being a former #1 pick, recent pro bowler and MVP candidate FITS his criteria alot more than Cousins does. So while money was A factor, it was by no means THE factor.

stop with those pesky facts here are a couple of other guys i believe danny gave up on brad smith for jeff george , smith ends up with a super bowl title

trent green he gave up on , and rich gannon another guy in a super bowl

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, to all of the guys listed, not one had a decent chance at success here, NOT ONE! Certainly a couple didn't help, but their dysfunction only added to the overall, dysfunction of the organization. I honestly don't know where the hopefulness is coming from, but we have poster's who seemingly grasp onto flickering moments of propriety only to be drawn in and let down time after time after time. It's amazingly similar to talking to people affected with Alzheimer's who after witnessing moments of clarity, raise their hopes for reversal because they are unfamiliar with one of its' classic symptoms.