• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is It Just A 3rd Round Pick And Fuller

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is insane you are comparing those guys to alex smith.
what ??????? alex smith is a career game manager . he hasnt won much in the playoffs and he choked away the last playoff game he was in

his reputation is that of a check down charlie for most of his career shying away from big play opportunities when they are presented

he was a number one overall pick that has never came close to justifying that selection ( much like bradford )

he is 34 yrs old and he has no upside . he will make a nice overpaid bus driver for us just like the others except it didnt cost a starting slot CB and a 3rd rounder to make it happen allen puppet

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stick with that Dean...

History of THIS team has shown, its never a good move to over pay in both cap space and draft/player resources for some one elses aging player that they are moving on from any way.

now Smith is the worst QB in the league? lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ??????? alex smith is a career game manager . he hasnt won much in the playoffs and he choked away the last playoff game he was in

his reputation is that of a check down charlie for most of his career shying away from big play opportunities when they are presented

he was a number one overall pick that has never came close to justifying that selection ( much like bradford )

he is 34 yrs old and he has no upside . he will make a nice overpaid bus driver for us just like the others except it didnt cost a starting slot CB and a 3rd rounder to make it happen allen puppet

Smith is a good QB in this league. You can win with him. He is a good athlete and can make the throws. Most fans will be happy with him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is a good QB in this league. You can win with him. He is a good athlete and can make the throws. Most fans will be happy with him.
same could be said about KC and you didnt like him but you gave franchise money to an old bus driver because BA said it was a good deal allen puppets

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same could be said about KC and you didnt like him but you gave franchise money to an old bus driver because BA said it was a good deal allen puppets

Kc wouldn't of signed Smiths contract. Kc is going to get 30m per season and probably 25mg more money. Why cant you understand this? No puppets its just reality right now

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now Smith is the worst QB in the league? lol

Where did you get Smith is the worst QB in the league from me saying he was aging and the Chiefs were moving on from him??

Nice spin attempt, but you kinda failed to stick the landing

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when there were posters here, arguing that QB's in today's game, were able to play well into their 30's. Well, we now have a QB in his 30's and it's a death sentence? I can't wait to read how they respond to themselves when arguing those two points. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when there were posters here, arguing that QB's in today's game, were able to play well into their 30's. Well, we now have a QB in his 30's and it's a death sentence? I can't wait to read how they respond to themselves when arguing those two points. :D

And I remember posters here proclaiming we needed a SPECAIL QB who could carry the team.

Odd that now many of those same posters are defending the trade for the ultimate check down QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you get Smith is the worst QB in the league from me saying he was aging and the Chiefs were moving on from him??

Nice spin attempt, but you kinda failed to stick the landing

you are a hater. Smith still had good years left in him. by no means he has played his last down.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are a hater. Smith still had good years left in him. by no means he has played his last down.

I don't disagree, Smith probably can play another 3-4 years at a high level for a game manager. But that does not change the fact that he is an older QB, his team decided to move on without him, and we over paid for him. That's not hate, its honesty.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I remember posters here proclaiming we needed a SPECAIL QB who could carry the team.

Odd that now many of those same posters are defending the trade for the ultimate check down QB.

Yep, I remember THEM too, however because I was not one of THEM I can't defend THEM. As you know my guy was being touted by me as a much better fit in Gruden's system than Kirk. It was another mistake that Bruce didn't go get this guy.

BTW: It's extremely disingenuous to use the term "ultimate check down QB" or "check down Charlie" without considering what those non check downs would have been with the guy who's leaving.....Incompletions or worse interceptions. I'll take a little yardage over no yards gained any day of the week.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QBs are capable of playing well into their 30s. QBs that use their legs frequently such as Smith, less likely. We were also talking about KC who has already flourished in this system and will be 30 and discussing a five year deal....takes him to 35. We weren't talking about Smith who is already 34 and will be 38 when his contract expires. Huge difference.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs are capable of playing well into their 30s. QBs that use their legs frequently such as Smith, less likely. We were also talking about KC who has already flourished in this system and will be 30 and discussing a five year deal....takes him to 35. We weren't talking about Smith who is already 34 and will be 38 when his contract expires. Huge difference.

Correction... 39. He got a 4 year extension. So its a five year deal in total.

Look I hope I'm wrong and Smith is the key to this team actually improving. But we have seen this movie before. Its like every nightmare on elm street.. starts out with some one getting screwed, and in the end its just a bloody mess.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...but...but..but, Smith is actually playing into his 30's that's the counter argument for those who insisted on making both of those opposing points.

So just so that I'm clear Kirk would have been alright playing into his 30's, but Smith who is playing into his 30's isn't because he's NOT Kirk?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but...but..but, Smith is actually playing into his 30's that's the counter argument for those who insisted on making both of those opposing points.

So just so that I'm clear Kirk would have been alright playing into his 30's, but Smith who is playing into his 30's isn't because he's NOT Kirk?

You asked the difference. I gave you the incredibly large difference. At the end of KC’s five year contract, he would be roughly the age Alex Smith is now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked the difference. I gave you the incredibly large difference. At the end of KC’s five year contract, he would be roughly the age Alex Smith is now.

I guess from your perspective this makes sense, but I think that it has more to do with the "ASS" factor and an emotional tie to Kirk that anything else.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, Smith probably can play another 3-4 years at a high level for a game manager. But that does not change the fact that he is an older QB, his team decided to move on without him, and we over paid for him. That's not hate, its honesty.

I don't see how its an overpay as far as money right now. he is playing at a high level. We were in a bad situation and we ended up a with a good QB. skinsdad is crazy to think any FA qb could do what Smith will do. A lot of game manager QB's have had success in the NFL. If Smith is a top 10 NfL QB in the next 4 years then we won this trade. If we win a playoff game we won this trade. The upside is we should be able to compete for a playoff spot in the next 4 years. That is all you can ask for from the situation that we were in.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how its an overpay as far as money right now. he is playing at a high level. We were in a bad situation and we ended up a with a good QB. skinsdad is crazy to think any FA qb could do what Smith will do. A lot of game manager QB's have had success in the NFL. If Smith is a top 10 NfL QB in the next 4 years then we won this trade. If we win a playoff game we won this trade. The upside is we should be able to compete for a playoff spot in the next 4 years. That is all you can ask for from the situation that we were in.

What ever dude, we just agreed to pay Elite money ($23.5M a season) to a QB who is NOT, I repeat NOT Elite.

This sir was the biggest gripe on not retaining Cousins.

And by the way, if we don't make the playoffs THIS year, this trade will be questioned. You pounded the table that a better QB and we would have made the playoffs the last two years. You are now saying Smith is better than Cousins.. .so we better make the playoffs period.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever dude, we just agreed to pay Elite money ($23.5M a season) to a QB who is NOT, I repeat NOT Elite.

This sir was the biggest gripe on not retaining Cousins.

And by the way, if we don't make the playoffs THIS year, this trade will be questioned. You pounded the table that a better QB and we would have made the playoffs the last two years. You are now saying Smith is better than Cousins.. .so we better make the playoffs period.

That is not elite money considering todays standards. The 2017 season was injury riddled. I didn't expect us to make the playoffs with all the injuries that we had. 2016 different story. If we had Alex Smith in 2016 I think we would of made the playoffs.

If we stay healthy and make the right moves in the draft and FA sure we are a 9-11 win team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not elite money considering todays standards. The 2017 season was injury riddled. I didn't expect us to make the playoffs with all the injuries that we had. 2016 different story. If we had Alex Smith in 2016 I think we would of made the playoffs.

If we stay healthy and make the right moves in the draft and FA sure we are a 9-11 win team.

So.. we are changing the standards again?? Why am I not surprised.