• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is 'Hick-Hop" surpassing Rap?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opiate sounds like it was recorded in a tin can under my sink. Love the tunes on it though. Aenima is still the standard for me from them.

I generally prefer that "raw" sound, over an over-produced album.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There used to be a bar/club in Columbus with one side all country and the other all hip-hop. Coexisting was not happening haha! Whoever came up with plan wasn't thinking too well.
Which one was that?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not the first I've seen or heard say Tool is overrated. Why do you think that? It's what many consider the only 'good prog band' going (I disagree... see Porcupine Tree). I wasn't a fan of 10,000 Days, but up to Lateralus... damn. The lyrics have a lot to do with it for me as well.
As for the systematic, I agree. I have to search for diversity in there, and it's not easy.

I like Tool enough, I just don't think they are the "greatest band ever" like seemingly so many of their fans do.

Side-story time...so I've seen Tool a couple times before they were "rock gods"...first time was in this tiny venue..I was frying balls...Maynard whipped his dick out, tucked it between his legs all Buffalo Bill-style, and pranced around for an entire song like that. Also saw em on the sidestage at Lollapolooza in '93. Maybe 75 people watching.

They're too big now. I can't do stadium shows, unless it's some living legend.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally prefer that "raw" sound, over an over-produced album.
I know what you're saying. Too much either way for me turns me off. Like old Bad Brains and Misfits albums. They sound like fucking garbage. Then you have shit like Dream Theater thats too fucking pristine. Nirvana's Bleach is a good middle ground for me fidelity wise.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you call yourself a metal elitist and you're a Slipknot fan? This thread just went even further down the rabbit hole...
No, other people have said that.
I listen to a lot of stuff. Shining, Watain and a few others are what got me called an elitist.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shaggy @fordman84
Dafuq? Others have been cool, this one is being a tool. What gives? If I can . derail threads, give me the word...
I'm on it.
@yoga≈surfing Sea Kelp

bwwwahahahahahaha

gets owned in his thread....cries to the Mods. what a sissy.

at least you got an equally sissified sidekick in smitty now.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! This may be the greatest thread in the entire history of the hoop. Certainly it's the most useful.

Just a few minutes ago I was in a terrible mood at work and a couple of my coworkers were bugging the shit out of me. I started playing the videos on here on my phone and my female coworker ran out of the room to find aa toilet to vomit into. (She didn't make it.) And my male coworker actually gnawed through his own jugular vein while simultaneously yelling "please god end it now." I didn't even know it was possible to yell while you were gnawing through flesh and tendons, much less your own jugular vein. So that was certainly a surprise to me. I myself stabbed pencils through both eardrums so I wouldnt have to hear any more. But luckily I believe I hit some sort of pleasure center in my brain, so even though I feel my life fading away, I'm strangely happy to leave a world where those songs exist.

As a last request could somebody do the hunanitary thing and make a playlist of all the songs the OP linked to? Then send that to Quantico. We shouldn't be waterboarding people when so many in the world have to go without water. Plus forcing somebody to listen to this on repeat would be orders of magnitude more effective.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! This may be the greatest thread in the entire history of the hoop. Certainly it's the most useful.

Just a few minutes ago I was in a terrible mood at work and a couple of my coworkers were bugging the shit out of me. I started playing the videos on here on my phone and my female coworker ran out of the room to find aa toilet to vomit into. (She didn't make it.) And my male coworker actually gnawed through his own jugular vein while simultaneously yelling "please god end it now." I didn't even know it was possible to yell while you were gnawing through flesh and tendons, much less your own jugular vein. So that was certainly a surprise to me. I myself stabbed pencils through both eardrums so I wouldnt have to hear any more. But luckily I believe I hit some sort of pleasure center in my brain, so even though I feel my life fading away, I'm strangely happy to leave a world where those songs exist.

As a last request could somebody do the hunanitary thing and make a playlist of all the songs the OP linked to? Then send that to Quantico. We shouldn't be waterboarding people when so many in the world have to go without water. Plus forcing somebody to listen to this on repeat would be orders of magnitude more effective.

Careful. OP will complain to the Mods for making fun of his thread. He’s super cereal

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump

because something reminded me of this bullshit attempt at music.