• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is 'Hick-Hop" surpassing Rap?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems today, most "rap" is mumble/trap with little "bars", all filler. Any fans of either around here?
Your avatar had me confused.

But, wtf is Hick Hop?

Pop Country, featuring a dude that can't sing? Kid Rock? Cuz I'm not a fan of that garbage. (Kid Rock is a poser assed douche.)

Im cool with Hip Hop and Country, don't know if I'm mistaking another genre I have no need for with something else though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here has offered to give Handi the chance to be a man and show up?

One of you?

Both?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know hillrods that can rhyme en shit.

But I wouldn't call them hicks, to their face. Redneck, sure. Hillbilly, yeah of course. But not Hick. That's a putdown to we hayseed rubes.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your avatar had me confused.

But, wtf is Hick Hop?

Pop Country, featuring a dude that can't sing? Kid Rock? Cuz I'm not a fan of that garbage. (Kid Rock is a poser assed douche.)

Im cool with Hip Hop and Country, don't know if I'm mistaking another genre I have no need for with something else though.
Kid rock sucks balls, 100% agree. It's a mesh of the two genres. I couldn't relate to rap. Guns, hoes and drugs garbage. And country was too twangy for me. Now it's rapping about the country life. It's not for everyone, for sure. Someone here really dislikes it, obviously. Funny you mention Kid Rock. One of the lines in an Upchurch song:
"You sound like Kid rock if he were born in the south...
Yeah, sweet potato pie and THC in my mouth", lol.
Most of what I listen to has a message... some does not. If you love America, some of the songs are effing GREAT!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So clever, that one... really. Off his/her meds... yuuuuuup!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid rock sucks balls, 100% agree. It's a mesh of the two genres. I couldn't relate to rap. Guns, hoes and drugs garbage. And country was too twangy for me. Now it's rapping about the country life. It's not for everyone, for sure. Someone here really dislikes it, obviously. Funny you mention Kid Rock. One of the lines in an Upchurch song:
"You sound like Kid rock if he were born in the south...
Yeah, sweet potato pie and THC in my mouth", lol.
Most of what I listen to has a message... some does not. If you love America, some of the songs are effing GREAT!
Kid Rock is a fuckface.

He's a rich private school kid that grew up with the owners of tTigers and Wings. His folks owned car dealerships, in Suburbia. Fucker actually pissed me off pretending hes a Michigan trailer park kid. None of us are proud of it. Neither were our folks. We aren't even that proud of moving out, we just did, cuz you should.

Beastie Boys lit my Hip Hop fire prolly 30 years ago. No guns. Some hoes and some malt liquor, but no drugs. Start over with License to Ill. Move to Paul's Boutique and we can work on it from there.

If you've never relieved a bull of his balls, you aren't a hick. Unless you're so poor you only could afford goats.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid Rock is a fuckface.

He's a rich private school kid that grew up with the owners of tTigers and Wings. His folks owned car dealerships, in Suburbia. Fucker actually pissed me off pretending hes a Michigan trailer park kid. None of us are proud of it. Neither were our folks. We aren't even that proud of moving out, we just did, cuz you should.

Beastie Boys lit my Hip Hop fire prolly 30 years ago. No guns. Some hoes and some malt liquor, but no drugs. Start over with License to Ill. Move to Paul's Boutique and we can work on it from there.

If you've never relieved a bull of his balls, you aren't a hick. Unless you're so poor you only could afford goats.
Paul's Boutique is one of my all time favorite 'albums' (I know, they don't call em that any more). From start to end, one of the best albums ever made.
And I've banded several... and hogs too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elaborate on this ^^^

This bullshit above isnt reality based.

Yea there isn't people who feel the need to race to each hip hop thread just to discuss how much they hate it and then in another thread talk about how much people whine or are offended

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here has offered to give Handi the chance to be a man and show up?

One of you?

Both?
I'll facepalm myself for that... it was me. I knew he wouldn't and got on his level (real low) and hung around to prove he wouldn't. After that, he and dd went on iggy.
It was hard getting that damn dumb, and I apologize to all who saw it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid Rock is a fuckface.

I get the same level of annoyed when someone tells me they're from Toledo and then in the next breath they're from Findlay or Sandusky or something. Obviously I left also but there is a certain pride in having come out of tough circumstances. My cousin actually lived in Detroit for a bit (but to be fair it was downtown next to Joe Louis and his step dad was loaded) but he was a dip shit and sought out the drama

Found myself in a couple tough spots lol