• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Bob the real deal?

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SOul, my biggest issue is the Cap. In a perfect world, I would trade for Vokoun to be his backup, let them figure it out. But when you want to field the best team, and you are comfortable in a legit #1, I would want to save some money in the backup slot.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOul, my biggest issue is the Cap. In a perfect world, I would trade for Vokoun to be his backup, let them figure it out. But when you want to field the best team, and you are comfortable in a legit #1, I would want to save some money in the backup slot.

If 600k will make or break their cap number, than Homer has got bigger issues that his backup goaltender. If Leights was making Niemi money, I'd certainly agree with you.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on Leights he may have it in his head to start and if this is the case bye bye trade him for whatever you can. Where I'm concerned is can Bouch hold up if Bob gets injured this is where Leights makes more sense. Although Leights seems to get injured just as much as Bouch if not more so what the fuck???

In any case Bobs showing all the signs of being a starter in this league. You can see the team testing him by playing him every game. Heck he's young who needs to rest...haha! I'd still play Bouch on Mon then go back to Bob on Tue.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on Leights he may have it in his head to start and if this is the case bye bye trade him for whatever you can. Where I'm concerned is can Bouch hold up if Bob gets injured this is where Leights makes more sense. Although Leights seems to get injured just as much as Bouch if not more so what the fuck???

In any case Bobs showing all the signs of being a starter in this league. You can see the team testing him by playing him every game. Heck he's young who needs to rest...haha! I'd still play Bouch on Mon then go back to Bob on Tue.

It don't matter though if you have Leights and Bob, if one gets hurt we have to pray the other can fill in, which Leights proved he could do effectively. It would be good if Leights came back and was cool with sharing duties or spelling Bob for a couple. I think he may be told he wont have a choice. Lieing to management about an injury probably didn't do him any favors. We'll see.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Bob will react when the time comes when he gets lit up a couple games in a row or losses 3 or 4 straight?

Obviously I hope it never happens, but I live in the real world, sooo...

Last edited by a moderator:

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty bad when we just expect one of our goalies to get hurt, thats how bad the Flyers luck with goalies has been the last few years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Bob will react when the time comes when he gets lite up a couple games in a row or losses 3 or 4 straight?

Obviously I hope it never happens, but I live in the real world, sooo...

We will never know because this is never gonna happen.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Tox. THere are still some variables that Bob needs to face. A slump, teams getting good scouting reports on him, the grind of a full NHL season... I am not saying that he is going to fall down, but the assumption can't be that he will just be awesome for the rest of a long career. Like Jose THeodore, Jim Carrey, Andrew Raycroft...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is pretty level headed i dont think a losing streak will phase him.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all in the mindset. Boucher and Leighton are backups capable of starting. However, they both succumb to the injury wheel a bit too often.

I'm a firm believer that the Flyers defense was the key to their Stanley Cup run. Many have forgotten just how good Boosh was in the NJ series. Leighton gets all the credit, when IMO, he "shined" against a spent Montreal team, that was lacking offensive explosiveness to begin with. In the limited time he saw in the SCF, Boosh outplayed Leighton. But let's be honest, that task wasn't too difficult considering the level of Michael's play.

Back to what I was saying about mindset. Boosh is content in the backup roll. He is clearly supportive of Bob, saying things like, "he's the clearcut starter, and one the fastest goalie's I've ever seen." That type of support is CRITICAL in a backup netminder. Leighton on the other hand, has a track record of lashing out if his needs aren't met. Chicago traded him for this exact reason.

I don't want to give up on Leights, because Boucher was hotheaded when he was younger as well, but he just doesn't seem to have the head of a backup. He said last year that without consecutive starts, he can't find a rhythm.

Of course, Leighton is nearly 30 years old, so it's hard to make comparisons to a feisty 23-year old Boucher - who has obviously matured since his first stint with the organization.

If Bob is the franchise, and he is deemed the long-term starter, then I fully believe that Boucher is the better option going forward. He's cheaper, more supportive, and more mature. It's a difficult decision, and Homer is going to have his hands full, but that is my stance. If it goes the other way, so be it. I just want the best case scenario for this team, always.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it. If Leighton comes back and somehow plays better than Bob, then we are in great shape. I would love to see Bob become our long term answer in net, but if a guy is good enough (and I don't think Leighton is) to take the job from BOB, then we will be celebrating pretty hard come the summer:D:cool::D

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it. If Leighton comes back and somehow plays better than Bob, then we are in great shape. I would love to see Bob become our long term answer in net, but if a guy is good enough (and I don't think Leighton is) to take the job from BOB, then we will be celebrating pretty hard come the summer:D:cool::D

OK, screw this happy thought. There is absutely no way Leighton can out play Bob. He is the fastest side to side goalie that I remember. When he gets scored on he gets even better. Its like he gets pissed. I am sold:cool:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Tox. THere are still some variables that Bob needs to face. A slump, teams getting good scouting reports on him, the grind of a full NHL season... I am not saying that he is going to fall down, but the assumption can't be that he will just be awesome for the rest of a long career. Like Jose THeodore, Jim Carrey, Andrew Raycroft...

Not sure if he'll be fazed since he seems to get better after a goal is scored plus look at how shitty his KHL team was he had great numbers but still lost a ton. Can't see that happening with this Philly team they are good....VERY good! Just as long as they don't get cocky or have some ridiculous injuries they'll be winning a cup this year....