• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners Rangers
WHO CARES

Well nobody cares about the Rangers or Cowboys, let's get that straight.

As for the Mariners, nobody gives a fuck about them either but at least they have an interesting story of being the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked since 2001.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nobody cares about the Rangers or Cowboys, let's get that straight.

As for the Mariners, nobody gives a fuck about them either but at least they have an interesting story of being the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked since 2001.
Glad you mentioned Cowboys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is just what I thought he was, a career vet back up QB. Not worth much in terms of trade value or salary and no help to teams in need of a starting QB. It looks like the Panthers over paid for a bum again, but at least it was a little less expensive this time around.
Baker stinks and was never any good. Was in a great situation for a QB for a while with a team that was run first and defenses packed the box, but as many of us said over the past year(s) he will never be a good starting QB. Even his "good year" his completion % was under 63% and he was not much better than an average QB for that year. Who knows, maybe he proves me wrong, but I doubt it. I also said both Brissett and Darnold are just as good as him. It of course remains to be seen on that one and he may beat me there.

Am I reading his QBR correctly? It's 15.3? Holy crap. I read on here that is the only stat that matters for a QB so I guess he should be cut soon

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker stinks and was never any good. Was in a great situation for a QB for a while with a team that was run first and defenses packed the box, but as many of us said over the past year(s) he will never be a good starting QB. Even his "good year" his completion % was under 63% and he was not much better than an average QB for that year. Who knows, maybe he proves me wrong, but I doubt it. I also said both Brissett and Darnold are just as good as him. It of course remains to be seen on that one and he may beat me there.

Am I reading his QBR correctly? It's 15.3? Holy crap. I read on here that is the only stat that matters for a QB so I guess he should be cut soon

Yea

He has one of the worst QBRs to start a year since the stat was invented.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea

He has one of the worst QBRs to start a year since the stat was invented.
I'm not looking up Daks for this year (didn't have enough attempts or games to show up where I found Baker's). It's probably worse. I'm just standing behind the "it was only one game against a good team" argument. :thumb:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood that

I currently have this think about predictions with short sample sizes

How is stating he has one of the worst 4 game starts in qbr history a prediction?

That is a fact.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry
Just means little to me

So why intervene then with even as much as a rating?

At this point man it's clear you're just looking to argue to argue. I'm here agreeing Baker has been trash and you're what?? Taking up for him? What's your position here

You all act like Browns fans can't be rationale. None of us want Baker to fail and yet he's failing tremendously. Just stating facts. He's been atrocious.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not the fact that he's last amongst NFL starters. It's that he's last by a very wide margin.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why intervene then with even as much as a rating?

At this point man it's clear you're just looking to argue to argue. I'm here agreeing Baker has been trash and you're what?? Taking up for him? What's your position here

You all act like Browns fans can't be rationale. None of us want Baker to fail and yet he's failing tremendously. Just stating facts. He's been atrocious.
couple of thoughts here:

do ratings matter? I changed it from boring to wow. maybe that's better for your points or something
I've seen the grumpy memo
I don't ever recall "talking up Mayfield". Tech coulda told the Browns, he don't do well with comp. I don't see total trash skill wise, which is not the issue with Mayfield

I've sat many hours over the last 20 years in a restaurant bar named Stemmers in North Lima. Most were very rationale about both the Browns & Indians

Lastly....True Brown fans would love nothing more than Baker to be atrocious and I understand that.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to look through this thread and see all the dolts who voted "No".

As for the OP...

giphy.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple of thoughts here:

do ratings matter? I changed it from boring to wow. maybe that's better for your points or something
I've seen the grumpy memo
I don't ever recall "talking up Mayfield". Tech coulda told the Browns, he don't do well with comp. I don't see total trash skill wise, which is not the issue with Mayfield

I've sat many hours over the last 20 years in a restaurant bar named Stemmers in North Lima. Most were very rationale about both the Browns & Indians

Lastly....True Brown fans would love nothing more than Baker to be atrocious and I understand that.
WRONG.

Why would true Browns fans want to see him fail? Makes no sense. He got put in a bad situation. He career isn’t looking good but far from over. He wants to win…good for him