• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Cousins. Lets see Mayfield play next season then revisit this. I know folks dismiss his play last year because of the non shoulder injury, I don't though.
I'd take Cousins at this point as well.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Cousins. Lets see Mayfield play next season then revisit this. I know folks dismiss his play last year because of the non shoulder injury, I don't though.
I know what we get with Cousins.
Baker has heart. Will play hard for the team.
Has leadership qualities, & the team played hard for him. All things he does better than Cousins.
More Mobile as well. Dont care if he is a Nancy off the field, he plays hard when he is on it. Dealing with two guys in the mid to late teens as a starter. I'll take those qualities over a slightly better thrower.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland FO got fleeced.

A 5th rounder and 10 mil.

Now we wait and see how long of a vacation Watson gets.

Enjoy watching Brissett as your starter.

Your worst nightmares are coming true.

Can you tell me where I can find a very good FO like the Browns have?

Spin away Princess.

We're all prepared for your back stroke to continue at an accelerated pace.
Watson probably gets the holidays off. No one wants to work during the holidays.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what we get with Cousins.
Baker has heart. Will play hard for the team.
Has leadership qualities, & the team played hard for him. All things he does better than Cousins.
More Mobile as well. Dont care if he is a Nancy off the field, he plays hard when he is on it. Dealing with two guys in the mid to late teens as a starter. I'll take those qualities over a slightly better thrower.
We know what we get with Cousins and it isn’t great but I’d say more then adequate. Baker plays like he’s lost, not sure where to throw to, often way off target, his WRs don’t seem impressed with his accuracy, more mobile then Cousins but not all that effective running or moving with his legs. I predict next season to be his worse season, we can review after the season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what we get with Cousins and it isn’t great but I’d say more then adequate. Baker plays like he’s lost, not sure where to throw to, often way off target, his WRs don’t seem impressed with his accuracy, more mobile then Cousins but not all that effective running or moving with his legs. I predict next season to be his worse season, we can review after the season.
I agree. The WR Corps could be close talent wise. But he's going to be scrambling a lot. Will be interesting to see if the non shoulder injury holds up for a season of getting hit.

I see a Ryan Fitzpatrick career in his future.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well looky at post number 1025 above. Should I take a victory lap because I called many would take misguided victory laps if Baker was moved (said 25% chance AT BEST)?

Yep...gotta love this forum. apologies accepted.
Excuse me. I'm pretty sure you said the Browns should keep him just in case Watson is suspended for multiple games. I know many who you're currently attempting to throw dirt at said Baker will not play for Cleveland again.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many just said we'd release him. Not that I'd expect you to call any of them out or for them to own they were wrong.
We said he'd be released at final cut day. Now we'll never know, but yes I say that would have happened

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me. I'm pretty sure you said the Browns should keep him just in case Watson is suspended for multiple games. I know many who you're currently attempting to throw dirt at said Baker will not play for Cleveland again.

If Baker didn't throw a fit and demand a trade, they likely would have kept him and started him during the suspension. Not sure why the Browns getting a superior QB upset him so much. The problem is Baker thinks he is better than he really is. Ego without anything to back it up if you will...

OBJ pointed out how much of a scrub Baker is loud and clear...And none of his teammates disagreed

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baker didn't throw a fit and demand a trade, they likely would have kept him and started him during the suspension. Not sure why the Browns getting a superior QB upset him so much. The problem is Baker thinks he is better than he really is. Ego without anything to back it up if you will...

OBJ pointed out how much of a scrub Baker is loud and clear...And none of his teammates disagreed
If the Browns didn't say they wanted an adult at QB then go trade for the sex assault Watson, Baker wouldn't have asked for a trade.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns didn't say they wanted an adult at QB then go trade for the sex assault Watson, Baker wouldn't have asked for a trade.

I guarantee you Baker was acting like a whiney bitch prior to that statement coming out. Sex assault? Point me to him being charged with a single crime, thanks.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you Baker was acting like a whiney bitch prior to that statement coming out. Sex assault? Point me to him being charged with a single crime, thanks.
There's a lot of guilty people walking free everyday.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd absolutely ad it I was wrong if I was. All I recall saying about it was I would rather we just keep him as opposed to dealing him for a late pick.

Think anyone will admit they were wrong and/or a dunce about saying he'll be released or not acknowledging I did, in fact, say I do not think baker will play for the browns?
He wasn't released because we haven't even gotten to the summer camps. Let alone the start of the pre season. No one knows if he would've been released or not. But the evidence would point in the direction, worst case he would've.

You were wrong.

This wasn't fan driven either.

He didn't want to be a Brownie any longer proven by sacraficing $3.5M and all the other "rumors".

The Brownie new "very good FO" didn't want him as evidenced by their "unfounded childish comments", eating more then 1/2 his salary and taking whatever offer they could in an attempt to salvage anything. They "mutually" agreed for him to miss OTAs.

You're too cute to think otherwise. Or just dumb enough not to admit it.

Then again no big deal. You are used to being wrong.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think folks are mistaken bm injury causing him to play bad. When in actuality it’s probably more like the nfl defensive coordinators caught up to him and stefanski (sp) offense

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like it was a bad injury. Check his stats through Week 6 (before he missed a game) with his stats afterwards.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like it was a bad injury. Check his stats through Week 6 (before he missed a game) with his stats afterwards.
I’m betting folks think less of Mayfield at the end of the 2022 season then they do now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20220707-105017_Facebook.jpgAs long as dt keeps posting, I'll have a six pack in no time.