• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone here unhappy with 10-2?

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much of your post dealt with something i did post but then deleted within 2 minutes of that post because when i realized what you were saying i rethought it. obviously you were sitting there waiting.

as for your 3 10 win seasons .... they lost to the only good teams they played this year. last year they did beat an ok stanford team but then stanford did lose 4 games to some underwhelming teams. they did beat a 7 loss pitt team in their bowl game however. impressive!
the year before they lost to georgia early, admittedly a very good team ... but, they LOST. they also lost to miami (41 to 8) who lost their last three games including to a 7 loss pitt team and a 5 loss stanford team. yeah, ND won 10 that year too. against a weak schedule.

unlike you i don't gauge a team by how many games they win but rather by who they beat. also by wins they look bad in.

now, aside from ignoring most of MY posts like the hypocrite you seemingly are, you are also wrong about another thing. i was on the fire kelly bandwagon from his 3rd season on.

funny how you've decided to quit trying to compare notre dame's talent level and academic standards with other top ranked teams or past notre dame championship teams. safe to say you've conceded your silly argument that nd's talent level has been, on average, during the kelly era, anywhere near most top 5 teams.

notre dame played 5 ranked teams last year, including michigan, losing only to clemson, possibly the best team in college football history. according to you, if notre dame beats michigan, michigan's no good, if notre dame loses to michigan, notre dame can't beat the good teams. they won on new year's day in 2018 against lsu, and so according to your logic lsu is also no good. lsu beat auburn who beat alabama in 2017. as far as this season goes, it's not over yet. we'll see who they play in their bowl game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more unhappy with how the playoff committee is ranking them since the Michigan loss. If they hadn't been beating teams handily I could understand the lack of movement but it is what it is.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how you've decided to quit trying to compare notre dame's talent level and academic standards with other top ranked teams or past notre dame championship teams. safe to say you've conceded your silly argument that nd's talent level has been, on average, during the kelly era, anywhere near most top 5 teams.

notre dame played 5 ranked teams last year, including michigan, losing only to clemson, possibly the best team in college football history. according to you, if notre dame beats michigan, michigan's no good, if notre dame loses to michigan, notre dame can't beat the good teams. they won on new year's day in 2018 against lsu, and so according to your logic lsu is also no good. lsu beat auburn who beat alabama in 2017. as far as this season goes, it's not over yet. we'll see who they play in their bowl game.
nothing funny about it. and i've conceded no such thing. he's a poor field coach and i think most posters here agree with that.
and i've already dealt with your 2nd paragraph and either you don't get it or you refuse to deal with it. not going over it again.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing funny about it. and i've conceded no such thing. he's a poor field coach and i think most posters here agree with that.
and i've already dealt with your 2nd paragraph and either you don't get it or you refuse to deal with it. not going over it again.

a poor field coach? not sure what that even means. he has assistants doing most of the field work.

are nick saban and urban meyer good field coaches?

the posters here agree? the same posters that thought he should be fired three years ago? well knock me down with a feather. lol.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a poor field coach? not sure what that even means. he has assistants doing most of the field work.

are nick saban and urban meyer good field coaches?

the posters here agree? the same posters that thought he should be fired three years ago? well knock me down with a feather. lol.
total waste of post.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-2 is probably pretty close to what I expected. But I was very disappointed in the two losses. Georgia, because I think we had the opportunity to get the win, and couldn’t get it done. And Michigan, because I sat in the rain to watch us play as poorly as we have played since the Charlie Weis years.