• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone as sick of Bill Simmons as me?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you for thinking Bill Simmons is knowledgeable Doors, some folks on here think Jeff Van Gundy is a basketball genius lmao.

He was a pretty damn good coach and does know a lot, he just says a lot of stupid things. And part of that is entertainment, that is why he covers the NBA-but not the best commentator.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you for thinking Bill Simmons is knowledgeable Doors, some folks on here think Jeff Van Gundy is a basketball genius lmao.
Bill Simmons generally bridges the knowledge gap between the people using heuristics (players, fans) and people using advanced stats (nerds).

The problem is that in the NBA, the people using heuristics have a really good idea as to what is going on because being able to actually play basketball is a very exclusive skill. If the NBA did a 'top 100 players' list and the players were being honest, it would be pretty accurate. If MLB did a 'top 100 players' list, it would likely be awful.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh just another story about two grown men bitching at each other when it shouldn't really matter. It's just ridiculous.

I just personally think that Bill is just trying to start drama between him and Rivers. Rivers abandoned the Celtics when the ship was sinking and fast. Get over it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every analyst on every channel was doing this. Largely because you had the Spurs win a close game 1 and then there were 4 straight blowouts with each team taking 2!!

As for the rest of the NBA having the Heat figured out, they kind of do!! If you look at the series with the Pacers and the Spurs and just base things on talent, the Heat should have won both of those series in 5 or 6 games.

However, those teams were able to attack the Heat where they are most vulnerable and because of that, both series went 7 games and if not for Ray-Ray's 3, the Heat don't get their repeat!! Heck, even the injured Bulls were able to give the Heat a tougher time than they should have for the same reason.

I don't know if Riley needs to break up the Big 3 (that would be pretty unprecedented coming off of a championship), but I think he needs to do something to address the Heat's vulnerability in the paint. The Pacers and Spurs may not have been able to beat Miami, but they did provide the blueprint!!

You can say that the Mavs figured the Heat out back in 2011 and gave the blue print. But afterwards it produced two additional titles. The Heat's weakness is definitely size, there's no getting around it. I personally think the Heat need to add one more big next to Birdman (you would assume he'd sign, have to wait and see).

I say part of the reason the Heat had trouble in the latter rounds of the playoffs was due more on the part of complacency. I'm not saying the Pacers and Spurs are not good teams (especially the latter). But to go from having a record of 49-5 (something like that) to winning every other game for nearly a month points to complacency.

But you're right. I would like to Heat to add some size down low to help with the Noah's and Hibbert's of the NBA. Obviously we're not going to get a good quality big, but there should be cheaper options available.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that the Mavs figured the Heat out back in 2011 and gave the blue print. But afterwards it produced two additional titles. The Heat's weakness is definitely size, there's no getting around it. I personally think the Heat need to add one more big next to Birdman (you would assume he'd sign, have to wait and see).

I say part of the reason the Heat had trouble in the latter rounds of the playoffs was due more on the part of complacency. I'm not saying the Pacers and Spurs are not good teams (especially the latter). But to go from having a record of 49-5 (something like that) to winning every other game for nearly a month points to complacency.

But you're right. I would like to Heat to add some size down low to help with the Noah's and Hibbert's of the NBA. Obviously we're not going to get a good quality big, but there should be cheaper options available.

I agree. If the Heat got themselves a Hibbert or a Howard they would be much tougher to beat.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a pretty damn good coach and does know a lot, he just says a lot of stupid things. And part of that is entertainment, that is why he covers the NBA-but not the best commentator.

one of the reasons him and Marc Jackson were reported to have not gotten along too well when they worked together...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried diligently not to hate, but frankly, I'm tired and throwing the towel in on Bill Simmons.

It's official: I hate the man.

His writing can be good but I'm referring specifically to him on TV.

Am I alone? :mad2:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His voice is too feminine. Jalen Rose is a boss.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I go back and forth. He's different from everyone else, which can be refreshing and he can be pretty funny at times. His writing is quite good.

That said, yeah, overall I'm getting pretty sick of him on tv.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy him, he's not afraid to say what everybody is thinking.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. On a scale of 1-10 Chris Bermans, he is a solid 8.

I like his writing, just keep him off TV or Radio.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a regular fan on TV, its not why I watch NBA coverage. His reaction to Miami getting Napier was obxinous.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HammerDown hating a Boston personality? Color me shocked

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a regular fan on TV, its not why I watch NBA coverage. His reaction to Miami getting Napier was obxinous.

He's like watching Kiper or McShay during the draft when guys they like keep dropping & they keep going on & on about the player(s).

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was funny when Bill was trying to make some pointless interjection about Zach Lavine in the second round, then got cut off mid-sentence because Mark Tatum was announcing the next pick. Would it kill these guys to not fill up every single possible second with gabbing?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the things to complain about on ESPN, Bill Simmons is near the bottom of the list.

Watching Sportsnation, First Take or Numbers Never Lie is right up there next to waterboarding. Seriously, Numbers Never Lie might be the worst thing on TV