• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Amari Cooper the best WR in the draft?

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorial Green-Beckham is an athletic freak of nature, and minus his character issues, I believe he's the best prospect in the draft. His skill set is incredible, and he does what seems to be virtually impossible at times.

At the same time, Kevin White may be a better player than Cooper in every part of his game other than his speed and explosiveness. The more film I watch, the more I'm tempted to call White a better WR than Cooper. Mayock recently bumped White up to his #1 WR.

What are your guys thoughts?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Cooper play a lot more than White or Green-Beckham. I definitely think that Cooper should be an excellent player, but I'm not really qualified to rank the prospects. Did find this article, however, which discusses the topic: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ri-cooper-odell-beckham-mike-mayock/23302529/

Excerpt:
"This year's class is headlined by Heisman Trophy finalist Amari Cooper of Alabama, West Virginia's Kevin White, Louisville's DeVante Parker, Arizona State's Jaelen Strong, Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett of Miami (Fla.), Ohio State's Devin Smith and Auburn's Sammie Coates."

Also saw Coates play more than any of those guys other than Cooper. He also looks to me like a likely star.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another WR who I really like is Tyler Lockett from KSU. He is undersized, but that kid can play.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excerpt:
"This year's class is headlined by Heisman Trophy finalist Amari Cooper of Alabama, West Virginia's Kevin White, Louisville's DeVante Parker, Arizona State's Jaelen Strong, Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett of Miami (Fla.), Ohio State's Devin Smith and Auburn's Sammie Coates."

Yeah, it's crazy. As insanely talented as last year's receiver class was, this years class may manage to top it off. The receivers this year all have considerable amounts of talent, and all have great size for the next level. It should be interesting to see how they do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really like parker out of lousivlle......DBG hasnt played in a year, and didnt have a ton of college tape.....freak yes, but theres tons of freaks that come into the league and do nothing........DHB comes to mind......

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO excuse for any team with the picks to not come away with Week 1 starters in the first two rounds this year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best pure route runner in the draft. Would be a really good slot option for a team, imo.

Interesting thought. At only 5-11 and 175 lbs. and teams now seemingly enamored with big WRs I wonder if Lockett might get overlooked by some teams. Only got to see him play a few times, but he always impressed. I think he is potentially a big-time playmaker.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorial Green-Beckham is an athletic freak of nature, and minus his character issues, I believe he's the best prospect in the draft. His skill set is incredible, and he does what seems to be virtually impossible at times.

At the same time, Kevin White may be a better player than Cooper in every part of his game other than his speed and explosiveness. The more film I watch, the more I'm tempted to call White a better WR than Cooper. Mayock recently bumped White up to his #1 WR.

What are your guys thoughts?

Beckham and White are on the 9ers radar so far as I know but we will have to see. The combine might show more. I haven't seen any film on Cooper but I will be looking into that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought. At only 5-11 and 175 lbs. and teams now seemingly enamored with big WRs I wonder if Lockett might get overlooked by some teams. Only got to see him play a few times, but he always impressed. I think he is potentially a big-time playmaker.

With Big WR's, come big corners.

With big corners, come shifty not as big guys.

Antonio Brown, Golden Tate, and Emmanuel Sanders come to mind.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is. He's going to make some team very happy for the next 10-15 yrs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham and White are on the 9ers radar so far as I know but we will have to see. The combine might show more. I haven't seen any film on Cooper but I will be looking into that.

the 49'ers, or the 49'ers SportsHoopla board

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is DGB the most talented he hasnt played in a year????

mike williams anyone?

I mean hes got size, hes got speed, so does parker, so does white............they actually played and produced

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mike williams anyone?

I mean hes got size, hes got speed, so does parker, so does white............they actually played and produced

Measurables are also measurables. What you speak of implies bust potential to me, not raw talent. Just my two cents.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mike williams anyone?

White isn't nearly as fast a DGB.

And have you watched any film on DGB? It's easy to see why he's the most talented player, I think, in the whole draft.

He's a physical specimen to begin with. Then you get his insane athletic ability combined with his size, and that alone is enough to make him a 1st round pick. But he's extremely talented too, further than just basic athleticism. His hands are great and he has great focus, he actually blocks on the outside when his teams running, he high points the ball well, he has a great vertical. He's the whole package when you're looking for a receiver, the only downside is his route-running.

And his route-running isn't even that bad, he still has extremely quick cuts, he just needs to make them sharper and train more.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have but a guy on a year hiatus scares me...........i;ll be glad to take a chance on him......but giumme white or parker right now