• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is AD the best teammate James has ever had?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what his numbers were.

Like I said, you are basing your entire decision of an extremely small sample in 1 NBA Finals.

And since then every team he has been on has been as good or better when he is sitting out.
No doubt about that last part, but before he went completely off the rails Kyrie was pretty damn good for Lebron in 2016.

If question is best teammate at any point, Kyrie in running. If longevity matters he's not (but of course, that also takes AD out.

But my vote goes to wade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say the Finals are irrelevant.

You choose to place more importance on1 3 game sample within a 7 game series than the rest of Kyrie’s career.

That is ignorant.
Aren't we only talking about their careers as teammates of Lebron's for THIS discussion? Is Kyrie my choice? Nope....but he's rightfully in the discussion. AD can handle the ball better than most his size, but Kyrie could take a lot of pressure off Lebron and handle it more (than AD). Hard to take away they beat a pretty good GS team with Kyrie playing a huge role.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't we only talking about their careers as teammates of Lebron's for THIS discussion? Is Kyrie my choice? Nope....but he's rightfully in the discussion. AD can handle the ball better than most his size, but Kyrie could take a lot of pressure off Lebron and handle it more (than AD). Hard to take away they beat a pretty good GS team with Kyrie playing a huge role.

If by “in the discussion” you mean a very distant 3rd, then sure.

Of course Kyrie played a huge role in that series. No, they definitely don’t win without him.

But take AD off this Lakers team and they might struggle to make the playoffs. Take Kyrie off the Cavs and they still make the Finals.

Granted, the Cavs had no shot when they got there, but if we are talking about impact on winning this is an open and shut case.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by “in the discussion” you mean a very distant 3rd, then sure.

Of course Kyrie played a huge role in that series. No, they definitely don’t win without him.

But take AD off this Lakers team and they might struggle to make the playoffs. Take Kyrie off the Cavs and they still make the Finals.

Granted, the Cavs had no shot when they got there, but if we are talking about impact on winning this is an open and shut case.
not really, but I get you can only go the extreme route in many cases.

LA looked like a possible 4 seed before Lebron and others got hurt last year (no AD), didn't they? You'd have given Lebron no chance last year with a healthy team to go far in playoffs?