• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is AD the best teammate James has ever had?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about prime wade vs prime Davis?
I'd take Davis.

LeBron does everything Wade can do. That was kinda Miami's problem when he first brought his talents to South Beach imo.

There's only one ball...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the first 2 years.

or at least year and a half.

Wade got hurt and fell off pretty quick though
The first two years were the end of his prime.

Definitely not his peak.

In all honesty his career shocked me on how long he held up. His game was a violent one.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma would be the guy to progress into that #3 but not comparable at all to Bosh at this point. He's 25. It's either that or once the cap goes up in the next couple years (possibly) they have might have a shot to sign that 3rd option or Lebron sacrifices once he starts to decline a bit.

He will never be anything even remotely close to Bosh.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely not his peak.

In all honesty his career shocked me on how long he held up. His game was a violent one.

First year was.

There was legit debate over who was the best player on the team. The season before the big 3 formed was Wade’s statistical peak was the 2009, a year before LBJ arrived

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Wade. He was already a champion before Lebron came to Miami, AD was losing games with the Pelicans he was a glorified star that could barely make the playoffs and when he did he was usually a first round exit.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely not his peak.

Violent one? What do you mean?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Violent one? What do you mean?
He may not have been the first guy to wear body armor during basketball games.

But I can't remember anyone doing it for longer.

He attacked the paint, looking for contact.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First year was.

There was legit debate over who was the best player on the team. The season before the big 3 formed was Wade’s statistical peak was the 2009, a year before LBJ arrived
Who took part in this debate?

I remember James saying it was Wades team. But I don't remember wondering who was the best player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember James saying it was Wades team. But I don't remember wondering who was the best player.

There was initially. Remember, when Lebron went to Miami, D-Wade was still in the last year or 2 of his prime and had a title under his belt as his teams #1 option. Everyone knew Lebron was a great player, but it was in Miami that he became LEBRON!!

So, at the time, there was legit reason to at least look at them as equals or very close to it.

Their friendship actually worked against them that first season, imo. The Heat were D-Wades team and he was/is beloved by the Heat fanbase. Lebron didn't want to step on his toes, so they would take turns being the #1 option and Lebron would defer to D-Wade in crunch time. That first season is actually where the stuff about Lebron not finishing, not being clutch, etc. originated from.

That season taught them that you can't have 2 Batman's. It has to be Batman and Robin and they were at their best with Lebron as Batman.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure.

@trojanfan12 response is pretty much perfect.

I will just add that while I believe most knew James better, it was legitimately close. Close enough that LeBron deferred to Wade in moments he probably shouldn’t have.

If Wade wasn’t still in his prime, there wouldn’t have been a doubt in anyone’s mind. Least of all LeBron.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was initially. Remember, when Lebron went to Miami, D-Wade was still in the last year or 2 of his prime and had a title under his belt as his teams #1 option. Everyone knew Lebron was a great player, but it was in Miami that he became LEBRON!!

So, at the time, there was legit reason to at least look at them as equals or very close to it.

Their friendship actually worked against them that first season, imo. The Heat were D-Wades team and he was/is beloved by the Heat fanbase. Lebron didn't want to step on his toes, so they would take turns being the #1 option and Lebron would defer to D-Wade in crunch time. That first season is actually where the stuff about Lebron not finishing, not being clutch, etc. originated from.

That season taught them that you can't have 2 Batman's. It has to be Batman and Robin and they were at their best with Lebron as Batman.
Hadn't he just won back to back MVPs when he left Believeland?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

I will just add that while I believe most knew James better, it was legitimately close. Close enough that LeBron deferred to Wade in moments he probably shouldn’t have.

If Wade wasn’t still in his prime, there wouldn’t have been a doubt in anyone’s mind. Least of all LeBron.
I really don't think it ever was close.

Really don't. I know DWade won a title with Shaq, trust me I hated that playoff run Miami had. But LeBron deferring to Wade that first year didn't make it a contest of who was the better player imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about prime wade vs prime Davis?

Can't go wrong with either. But I'd lean towards Wade because he won a title before the Heatles formed. Not sure AD's been outta the first round before this year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

True story.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had. That's why I said everyone knew he was a great player. But he wasn't quite "that guy" yet. There was still some question as to whether or not he or Kobe was the best player in the NBA.

When Lebron was winning back to back MVP's, Kobe was leading the Lakers to back to back titles and winning back to back finals MVP's.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't go wrong with either. But I'd lean towards Wade because he won a title before the Heatles formed. Not sure AD's been outta the first round before this year.
Huge difference in the EC and WC where James spent most of his career.....until this season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference in the EC and WC where James spent most of his career.....until this season.

Kinda tired of hearing that. If that's the case then LeBron's the most overrated player ever. And it's not like the WC has dominated the Finals the last 10 years. They have a 6-4 edge. D. Wade's the 3rd best SG ever. Don't think anyone has AD as the 3rd best PF ever.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Murray is 8 of 11 in clutch time from downtown. The last 5 minutes of a game that's within five points. Not bad for a player that should only be a teams third option.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times does the best player in the league win MVP?

Both were top 3 and arguably top 2 in the league.

Regardless, this whole conversation started because someone claimed Wade wasn’t at his peak when LeBron joined.

He was damn near it in 2011. He just fell off quickly. Obviously Wade’s peak wasn’t as good as LeBron’s.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda tired of hearing that. If that's the case then LeBron's the most overrated player ever. And it's not like the WC has dominated the Finals the last 10 years. They have a 6-4 edge. D. Wade's the 3rd best SG ever. Don't think anyone has AD as the 3rd best PF ever.

You're comparing entire careers, when the question is about only the time they played with LeBron. Wade has obviously had the better career, because AD is just getting going. But when they were playing with LeBron, I give a slight edge to AD. Obviously it's all just opinion, and it's pretty close either way.