• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Aaron Rodgers in decline or is a victim of the circumstances?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make all the excuses you want, in the end he has had a bad year. That's all there is to it...he's not been his usual self and needs to look in the mirror and figure out what he's been doing wrong.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make all the excuses you want, in the end he has had a bad year. That's all there is to it...he's not been his usual self and needs to look in the mirror and figure out what he's been doing wrong.
This

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the Danica curse.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the Danica curse.

Rubber Legs?:noidea:

I know Martina Hingis had that rep in the tennis world. Whomever dated her their careers tanked. She was known as the Black Widow behind the scenes. Although I would imagine it got back to her at some point.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Danica_Patrick_Aaron_Rodgers.jpg

MizzouFalcon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubber Legs?:noidea:

I know Martina Hingis had that rep in the tennis world. Whomever dated her their careers tanked. She was known as the Black Widow behind the scenes. Although I would imagine it got back to her at some point.
Maybe Danica can’t crash anymore so that negative energy has attached itself to Rodgers. He’s grumpy all the time, he’s missing throws, it’s always someone else’s fault.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who says that Rodgers needs 4 more rings to pass Brady is one of those idiot sports fan that think rings are the end all be all of greatness. Rodgers is already the greatest qb I've ever seen play and I'm a Colts fan so I got to watch Peyton.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who says that Rodgers needs 4 more rings to pass Brady is one of those idiot sports fan that think rings are the end all be all of greatness. Rodgers is already the greatest qb I've ever seen play and I'm a Colts fan so I got to watch Peyton.
Boston gonna find this post.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The offensive line is a mess.
    • Bulaga hurt again; Spriggs is an awful replacement.
    • Both guards are poor fillers.
    • Seems like at least one jailbreak to Rodgers every series.
    • TEs and RBs are all poor blockers.
  • WR corps is a mess.
    • Cobb hurt most of the year.
    • Allison hurt all year.
    • It's been Adams and late-round rookies all year.
      • None of the rookies can get separation in Man coverage or find the holes in zones.
      • None of the receivers - even Adams - comes back to the ball when Rodgers is in trouble.
    • Adams is the only receiver amongst all WE, TE, RB that Rodgers has any chemistry with.
  • Poor & predictable playcalling.
    • Defenses know what's going to happen before the play is even called.
    • Too many plays designed to get big chunks of yardage with no checkdowns.
    • Rodgers gets sacked or throws it away because the OL is a sieve and all of his receivers have their backs to him 10+ yards downfield.
  • Rodgers doesn't trust his playmakers.
    • Even when there is a checkdown available, Rodgers often holds the ball looking for a deep shot rather than just dump it off.
    • Rodgers checks out of plays or changes routes at the line to attempt to get a larger chunk of yardage through the air instead of getting the ball in a receiver's hands quickly and let him run for yardage.
    • Rodgers has given up on throwing the ball on scrambles quicker this year - he just tucks and runs himself.
    • One of Rodgers greatest indefensible plays/throws was the back-shoulder to Jordy on the sideline. No receiver has the talent, chemistry or communication with Rodgers this year to make that play work, so we haven't seen it all year.
    • A lot of these trust/chemistry issues are a result of Rodgers' limited practice throughout the season due to the knee injury.
  • Rodgers has been less accurate this year than years past.
    • The knee injury plays a part in that - physical limitations.
    • Poor chemistry plays a part in that - trust.
    • Poor OL plays a part in that - psychological; hearing footsteps from being under constant pressure.
    • Pressure - like a batter in baseball on a hitless streak who is squeezing the bat too hard or shortening his swing to make adjustments and nothing is working.
This Packers team needs a reset. Rodgers needs a reset.

Is Rodgers past his prime? Yeah, probably; so there must be some small percentage of decline to his game. But the vast majority of the problems we've seen this year out of him and this team can all be corrected in one offseason with a few good moves by the GM, some healing, strong preparation and some good fortune.

wow, very good response. Detailed, honest and fair. Kudos to you, sir.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is retarded.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's great and all, and no doubt Rodgers is one of the best ever, but yeah, there's still something to be said for one guy who has achieved 5 championship banners vs. 1. and I still take Peyton over Rodgers, I'm sure that Peyton would have more than 1 Superbowl if he had been a packer during the time that Aaron has.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's great and all, and no doubt Rodgers is one of the best ever, but yeah, there's still something to be said for one guy who has achieved 5 championship banners vs. 1. and I still take Peyton over Rodgers, I'm sure that Peyton would have more than 1 Superbowl if he had been a packer during the time that Aaron has.
Brees is also ahead of Rodgers, no doubt.

MizzouFalcon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers is the more skilled QB. But Brady is the better QB if that makes sense.

Rodgers can do things Brady can’t, but he’s also more inconsistent, he gets hurt more and without elite talent around him he can struggle mightily.

In a pure skills competition, I’d take Rodgers. Building a franchise? I’ll take young Tom Brady over young Aaron Rodgers and feel confident that my team will be better than his more often than not.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack.gif

See Mack sack
See Mack sack with back
See Mack sack with back, the Pack
See Rodgers watch playoffs from couch.

Last part needs a little work.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, very good response. Detailed, honest and fair. Kudos to you, sir.
Thank you, kind sir. :yo:

Now hurry up and talk shit about me; being all nice on the internet makes things feel kinda dirty.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get a coach in there that Rodgers will respect and play hard for, Rodgers still has a couple of good years left. I don't think he's done

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd take a prime Peyton Manning any day over a prime Rodgers. Manning could make every throw that Rodgers makes, but he was way smarter than Rodgers. Nobody moved players around at the line like Manning. It was like having an extra offensive coordinator right on the field each play. And Manning was far classier than Rodgers ever can hope to be. For all the hype and praise that Rodgers has received over the years he's never really lived up to it. And he's had good teams around him, plus he's played in a relatively week division for most of his career. So that has helped him as well.

And, if every single thing about Manning and Rodgers were exactly equal I'd still take Manning over Rodgers just because he doesn't do this shit:

Finger pistols :doh::

9PbLnD2.jpg

Championship belt :L:

IllfatedFlawedAustraliankelpie-small.gif

Tantrum:

aaaaah_aaron_rodgers_packers.gif

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack.gif

See Mack sack
See Mack sack with back
See Mack sack with back, the Pack
See Rodgers watch playoffs from couch.

Last part needs a little work.

• See Rodgers take a 5 step drop out of the shotgun and have two guys on him as he takes that 5th step.
  • See Mack prove Spriggs (78) should be watching every game from his couch.
  • See Rodgers not dump it off to an open Graham on a 5-yard 'In' when there was a very brief opportunity to do so. (In years past, that ball would probably have been out of his hands there.)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • See Rodgers take a 5 step drop out of the shotgun and have two guys on him as he takes that 5th step.
  • See Mack prove Spriggs (78) should be watching every game from his couch.
  • See Rodgers not dump it off to an open Graham on a 5-yard 'In' when there was a very brief opportunity to do so. (In years past, that ball would probably have been out of his hands there.)
That sack is on Rodgers. He holds onto it too long. His forte which made him famous,(extended plays) are not within the scheme and timing routes and the older he gets the more those extended plays hurt his team more than help.

Made for some exciting plays in his prime, but now it seems more of a disruption to the offense.

just my $0.02