• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irsay takes shot at Manning. Fox fires back

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look man i hate the Irsays, for what they did to me but there was nothing wrong with what he said...IMO, glad to see you're defending you current QB no matter what.

It's fine to defend your current QB, but to insult your former QB who brought respect back to the franchise and helped build your new stadium in the same breath is bush league, low class and despicable.

Fran Tarkenton got it right. The Irsay family continues to bring shame to the NFL.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine to defend your current QB, but to insult your former QB who brought respect back to the franchise and helped build your new stadium in the same breath is bush league, low class and despicable.

Fran Tarkenton got it right. The Irsay family continues to bring shame to the NFL.

if Peyton deserve the credit for the wins and bringing the franchise back then he deserve to take the credit for them only winning one SB. right?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,103.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Manning decided not to comment and stay out of it. classy move on his part

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Peyton deserve the credit for the wins and bringing the franchise back then he deserve to take the credit for them only winning one SB. right?

Don't put words in my mouth and change the point of the topic. If not for Manning, the Colts are the recent Jacksonville Jaguars or Detroit Lions of the early part of the last decade. Manning would be the first to take the blame for any lack of success.

The point is, Irsay's comments, whether an intentional insult or unintentional are classless and uncalled for in a public forum. Irsay can feel any way he wants about the success and lack thereof that the Colts had with Mannign at QB but to infer in a public statement that any team would be better without Peyton Manning is ridiculously stupid and insulting.

Irsay is back pedaling in his comments on NFL around the league live now.

Now he is saying the team was not built the right way. They need to be more well rounded.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the over under on how many drinks Irsay had before making those comments?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also speculation that this is all just a ploy to get in his head before the Colts/Broncos game this week. There is also speculation that honoring him before the game is also meant to be a distraction to throw him off his pre-game ritual and disrupt it.

I personally doubt this is true. But if it is, I think it is going to backfire.

NFL Around the League Live speculated John Fox's response is his response to the chess match giving his team some bulletin board material.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see why Irsay would need to say much more than what was already said. People understand why the Colts and Manning parted ways. The team was at a crossroads and chose the long-term option. There is nothing wrong with that, and in fact, I am glad they did because now we Broncos fans get to enjoy a couple seasons of Manning playing in a Broncos uniform.

Irsay did not need to "further justify" his decision to pursue Luck over Manning. Everyone understands the decision. He never needed to say more than what was said. And THAT'S why this is being perceived as a cheap shot on Manning.

Ultimately this is media fodder and maybe some board material for both locker rooms. Maybe. I really question how much this is being discussed amongst Broncos players. This is a game that has a lot of emotional significance, but it is just one game that must be won like any other. I'm sure the team is treating it as such.