• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: GOAT Peyton Manning at Miami Dolphins HQ...

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that Manning felt the need to tutor Tannehill and not Sanchez. There probably isn't anything to read into it, but you'd think Manning would want to help out the team that just gave him his 2nd SB ring before he'd go help out a conference opponent.

Probably a good chance that PM will break into coaching at the qb coach position and Elway probably didn't present that opportunity for him but Miami does....That's what I'm thinking, or else PM had enough of the cold weather in Denver and said no thanks....He's gonna be a coach, you can put that in the bank...:nod:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a good chance that PM will break into coaching at the qb coach position and Elway probably didn't present that opportunity for him but Miami does....That's what I'm thinking, or else PM had enough of the cold weather in Denver and said no thanks....He's gonna be a coach, you can put that in the bank...:nod:

"No, he'll suck even worse as a coach than he did as a player." - angry, resentful *Brady fans

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He might go into coaching since he loves the grind but I think most people believe he'll try to get into a front office position instead. Obviously with Elway in place here, that opportunity won't present itself in Denver but I have to believe that there are a multitude of other clubs that wouldn't mind having Peyton Manning as a part of their brain trust. I think Peyton would have ton to offer as a coach but might be better suited in controlling personnel AND being able to get involved in the development of players and coaches. As for the cold here in Denver......that's been greatly exaggerated over the years. Gorgeous sunny skies most of the year (literally and figuratively!). Did I mention that the Broncos won the Superbowl? :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I would say it has a lot to do with offensive systems as well. Gase's system is about as Manning built as any in the league compared to the Kubiak system which is about as anti-Manning as there is. Doesn't mean he can't help coach any offense as he has forgotten more about offense than most coaches in the league have actually learned. Just the better fit for him in what he wants a QB to do would be Gase's system.

I also agree with MileHigh64 in I do think FO would be the next move for Manning. His coaches and FO guys of the past have talked about how he loves scouting players and has actually made recommendations in the past off of tape that he watches. That has been one of his hobbies is scouting college kids. So even his down time is still football related.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say it has a lot to do with offensive systems as well. Gase's system is about as Manning built as any in the league compared to the Kubiak system which is about as anti-Manning as there is. Doesn't mean he can't help coach any offense as he has forgotten more about offense than most coaches in the league have actually learned. Just the better fit for him in what he wants a QB to do would be Gase's system.

I also agree with MileHigh64 in I do think FO would be the next move for Manning. His coaches and FO guys of the past have talked about how he loves scouting players and has actually made recommendations in the past off of tape that he watches. That has been one of his hobbies is scouting college kids. So even his down time is still football related.

I thought of the difference in offensive approaches, but I don't think a qb coach actually teaches a system, his focus is more on the mechanics and such....So I figured he could help regardless....And I think he totally understood Kubes O, it is very basic and simple, but he did not have the athletic ability any longer to be good at that approach...IMO

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of the difference in offensive approaches, but I don't think a qb coach actually teaches a system, his focus is more on the mechanics and such....So I figured he could help regardless....And I think he totally understood Kubes O, it is very basic and simple, but he did not have the athletic ability any longer to be good at that approach...IMO

Right I understand that. Your last part about not having the athleticism is spot on and probably why he feels much better about coaching a Gase style system with a QB. And honestly he had a lot more time with Gase than he ever did with the Broncos coaching staff right now. So it makes sense he has a deeper and better relationship still with Gase compared to Kubiak.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No, he'll suck even worse as a coach than he did as a player." - angry, resentful *Brady fans

Peyton was a very good QB and I'm sure wil be a very good coach, if he choses

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning Had The Worst Season Of Any Super Bowl Quarterback Ever

he’s the greatest statistical quarterback of all time. But let’s face it: 2015 was also far — faaaaaar — from Manning’s best season, and in the context of a Super Bowl appearance, Manning’s standard of play pales even in comparison to “game managers” like Trent Dilfer.

Whoa whoa whoa you can't say things like this. Manning deserves more respect than saying he had one of the worst seasons ever by a Super Bowl winning QB. This is what us Bronco fans have been hearing since we won the Super Bowl and have said that Manning had a terrible year not just by his standards but any QB standard other than winning a Super Bowl. Manning carried the Broncos to the Super Bowl in 2013 and this past season the rest of the team carried Manning to the Super Bowl.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! It's the Hoop....we make our own reality and we can say anything!

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still don't think so. Going down to Miami and spending a few days at the beach and a few hours with the players/staff is one thing. Working 5AM to 10PM all week during the season, spending half your nights either on your office couch or in another city on the road, seems kinda the opposite of that. Remember the last player to leave at night is still out before the first coach to leave. John Harbaugh provided a schedule of his week during the season. 8 hours for family time a week. Barely over an hour a day. And the off-season they do get to grab a vacation, but unlike players who can work out from home with their family, those coaches have to be in, looking over film, scouting prospects for their system, etc..

I think he could go media, maybe find something like Gruden with the QB camps, and make plenty. Look at the QB's who become coaches. Not Elway, Kelly, Favre and Aikman, but Kubiak, Reich, Pederson, and Garrett. The guys who spend their NFL careers watching the game from the sideline, and who didn't make huge money.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is trying to teach Marino how to choke in the playoffs but Marino has not been able to "get there"

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think so. Going down to Miami and spending a few days at the beach and a few hours with the players/staff is one thing. Working 5AM to 10PM all week during the season, spending half your nights either on your office couch or in another city on the road, seems kinda the opposite of that. Remember the last player to leave at night is still out before the first coach to leave. John Harbaugh provided a schedule of his week during the season. 8 hours for family time a week. Barely over an hour a day. And the off-season they do get to grab a vacation, but unlike players who can work out from home with their family, those coaches have to be in, looking over film, scouting prospects for their system, etc..

I think he could go media, maybe find something like Gruden with the QB camps, and make plenty. Look at the QB's who become coaches. Not Elway, Kelly, Favre and Aikman, but Kubiak, Reich, Pederson, and Garrett. The guys who spend their NFL careers watching the game from the sideline, and who didn't make huge money.

I see your point but I don't think the qb coach is near as demanding as HC, the HC has to oversee everything on the team, the qb coach, just 1 thing....
I don't think PM will be a success at media because he is too dorky and has trouble putting words together in short term or on the fly...
Granted it seems like not many high caliber players go for the coaching position, but Mike Singletary made it to HC at least and I'm sure there are several position coaches that were good players too, I just am not up to speed on all of them, but Ed Reed was hired for a coaching position by the Jets, we'll have to see how that works out yet....
I think PM would be a good OC but as you said, does he want to dedicate himself to it, is the million dollar question....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is trying to teach Marino how to choke in the playoffs but Marino has not been able to "get there"

Yeah so Manning choked in the Playoffs more than once. Poor play in this past SB aside for a second Manning left the game as a champion & had a winning record against Brady in the Playoffs.:nod: