• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Irresponsible rumor mill

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Heard a rumor today that HH will be in Omaha monday interviewing for the Recievers coach position........

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe not. Good Lord knows Bo won't tell us until Friday before the 1st game.

people have been saying Carnes is going to push.. and Taylor's situation is unsure..

not too thrilled about the idea of another freshman QB, but a lot can happen between now and then anyway

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I did write that at first but I am trying to keep T-Mart is a positive light since he probably will be our qb next year.

Maybe Bo will try to prove another point against Washington, even if it means losing that game also.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say this right now, if we start a Freshman QB next year, we will be lucky to get to 9 wins with Watson as offensive coordinator.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It honestly discourages me to think about having to start another freshman QB.........I don't care who the hell the QB is, it's always a handicap on the team

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting right now the next rumor that will begin in Husker Nation...........Carl Pelini to Texas as Defensive Coordinator.

NU to be impacted by Muschamp move?
Posted by: Steve Sipple on December 12, 2010 at 12:36PM CST
We heard speculation last week that Will Muschamp might be looking to lure Nebraska assistant John Papuchis to Texas.

Papuchis, the Husker co-defensive line coach and special teams coordinator, has a good relationship with Muschamp, dating to 2004, when both were at Louisiana State.

Now that Muschamp has taken over as Florida's head coach, you have to wonder if Muschamp will try to make Papuchis part of the Gators' revamped staff. I'm guessing Muschamp will want to hire his defensive coordinator first, and go from there.

If Florida indeed tries to hire the 32-year-old Papuchis, I don't think it would be a no-brainer for Papuchis to leave Nebraska. For one thing, he's loyal to Bo Pelini, who gave Papuchis his first full-time college coaching job three years ago.

Meanwhile, Texas now needs a defensive coordinator. According to the Austin American-Statesman, one possibility is Randy Shannon, who was fired in November after four seasons as the head coach at the University of Miami. Shannon, a former defensive coordinator for the Hurricanes, is a good friend of Mack Brown's.

You also wonder if Brown might take a look at Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini, who a year ago told me he someday might welcome an opportunity to get out from under his brother's shadow. It's one of the reasons Carl took a long look at the Tennessee defensive coordinator opening after last season.

Stay tuned.

:L

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It honestly discourages me to think about having to start another freshman QB.........I don't care who the hell the QB is, it's always a handicap on the team

Only 2 times I remember where it wasn't a handicap to a team was in 1985 when jamelle holieway started for the Sooners after Troy Aikman broke a leg, and in 1983 when Bernie Kosar started for the Hurricanes as a redshirt freshman.

Both of those teams went on to win National Titles.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from Husker fans in 2009: Zac Lee for the national title!!! You heard it here first...

Quote from Husker fans in 2010: Taylor Martinez for the national title!!! You heard it here first...

Quote from Husker fans in 2011: Brion Carnes for the national title!!! You heard it here first...

:D

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I would bump this and throw out another rumor at the same time. This may not be that irresponsible of a rumor though.

The is word out there that Texas may look towards Carl Pelini for their DC. That would SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Carl Pelini rumor is actually being rehatched now.........Sean Callahan today said that it sounds like Texas is indeed interested, but that's all we know for now.