• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Invasion of the YELLOW FLAG !

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this wknd games I heard there's been more penalties called after 3 wks of football since the beginning of Nfl. It's out of control and the league and the referees need to get together and address this quickly. It's making games almost unbearable to watch right now. I cringe almost after every positive play in fear of that yellow demon being thrown. There's been too many ticky tacky calls made and blatant obvious infractions missed than I've ever witnessed. They are IMO taking the love out of this great game and they better get this rectified soon. It's out of control.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D holding and PI has always gotten me. There are some very nit picky calls. Playing DB in the NFL is a chore with all of the rules...

The Iowa/Wisconsin game had some pretty tacky PI calls on Iowa in it with the game on the line. Luckily they prevailed.

I try not to whine about officiating much, and I know these guys are human, but the biggest issue I have is the amount of ticky tack PI called. Of course I love it when my team is the one that benefits. :)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although there have been a lot of penalties this season, it seems to me that most of the flags have been warranted. Only a few of the ticky tack variety, not nearly as bad as a year or two ago when they really cracked down on illegal contact and defensive holding.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although there have been a lot of penalties this season, it seems to me that most of the flags have been warranted. Only a few of the ticky tack variety, not nearly as bad as a year or two ago when they really cracked down on illegal contact and defensive holding.
Yeah. That's exactly what happened a couple yrs ago ( they also broke previous record ) and they actually did have a meeting or letters sent out or something addressing the issue because there was so much negativity being thrown out there via media,teams, etc and it actually made a significant decline in amount of penalties being called afterwards. Time for another meeting. I don't know how many gms you've been able to watch so far but what I've seen, your lucky if they run 3 plays without a flag. I agree that there has been sloppy play and many fouls are warranted but when the refs are completely taking over gsm like they have so far, it's time to take a chill pill boys in stripes and let's enjoy some good football. Pretty sure owners, coaches and players are getting fed up besides us fans on this overzealous yellow flag epidemic that's going on right now.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feller that hit DT with the crown of his helmet IMO should of been flagged . I bet we here of his wallet being lighten by the NFL

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feller that hit DT with the crown of his helmet IMO should of been flagged . I bet we here of his wallet being lighten by the NFL

DT was a runner at that point so it's not a penalty.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That's exactly what happened a couple yrs ago ( they also broke previous record ) and they actually did have a meeting or letters sent out or something addressing the issue because there was so much negativity being thrown out there via media,teams, etc and it actually made a significant decline in amount of penalties being called afterwards. Time for another meeting. I don't know how many gms you've been able to watch so far but what I've seen, your lucky if they run 3 plays without a flag. I agree that there has been sloppy play and many fouls are warranted but when the refs are completely taking over gsm like they have so far, it's time to take a chill pill boys in stripes and let's enjoy some good football. Pretty sure owners, coaches and players are getting fed up besides us fans on this overzealous yellow flag epidemic that's going on right now.

Listen, I get what you're saying, but if players are committing penalties, I want them to throw the flag. I've watched a lot of football games this season, and yes there are a ton of penalties, but the vast majority of them are the correct call.

The problem isn't that the officials are calling too many ticky tack fouls, it's that the play has been so sloppy and players are committing so many fouls. It's on the players to clean up their game so the officials don't have to throw a flag on them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I get what you're saying, but if players are committing penalties, I want them to throw the flag. I've watched a lot of football games this season, and yes there are a ton of penalties, but the vast majority of them are the correct call.

The problem isn't that the officials are calling too many ticky tack fouls, it's that the play has been so sloppy and players are committing so many fouls. It's on the players to clean up their game so the officials don't have to throw a flag on them.

I would say this is a side effect of the NFL limiting practices and contact during the off season. We are seeing the defensive side of the ball be ahead of the offensive side of the ball leading to a lot more holding, hands to the face, false starts, and things of that nature. Then when you throw in the fact that they have limited so much what secondary players can do it does make it quite the challenge for players to play within the rules and accomplish their job.

I do agree that most of the penalties I have seen have been warranted. The false start on Manning and the false start on Paradis are the two that still stick out to me and still make me scratch my head of what the official saw.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this the Seahawks the year they won the SB said the referees can only call so many penalties so they went out and ruffed up WR's with the Idea they can only call so many penalty's ..it got them a SB ..The league is a copy cat league .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say this is a side effect of the NFL limiting practices and contact during the off season. We are seeing the defensive side of the ball be ahead of the offensive side of the ball leading to a lot more holding, hands to the face, false starts, and things of that nature. Then when you throw in the fact that they have limited so much what secondary players can do it does make it quite the challenge for players to play within the rules and accomplish their job.

I do agree that most of the penalties I have seen have been warranted. The false start on Manning and the false start on Paradis are the two that still stick out to me and still make me scratch my head of what the official saw.

We are probably doing what it takes to keep NFL DL honest . We are playing with our snap count and doing some thing to change up some so DL are not Teeing off .. We seen the first few weeks .. thing is this staff is behind ... if you think about it !!! I hope they stop getting Schooled ...IMO we have no OL coach !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the limits You need a Real OL coach and DL Coach !

This is all they ever want to be in life coach .. eat and sleep OL an DL ... IMO we got one !

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the limits You need a Real OL coach and DL Coach !

This is all they ever want to be in life coach .. eat and sleep OL an DL ... IMO we got one !

I guess I look at it as the OL has improved every single week so far. Heck we even saw some really nice holes opened up this past Sunday. Leads me to believe that the OL coach we have right now is doing a pretty decent job of helping these guys to improve and play more as a unit.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I look at it as the OL has improved every single week so far. Heck we even saw some really nice holes opened up this past Sunday. Leads me to believe that the OL coach we have right now is doing a pretty decent job of helping these guys to improve and play more as a unit.
You Can look at positive but I don't sorry Cause I love your takes .. OL is behind and it Shows with our Rankings ..yes we are young and no chemistry . I don't care ..In this Game only one thing counts !!!!!!!!! one ! production ! At some point we need to find a real running game I get what you are saying but to get were we want it kind of needs to be there buy week 8 . This team is not even close . Yes I get it we are getting better !!!! LOL that will be a joke to NE type of teams in the playoffs. We need to be able to adjust on fly .. not game to game ... I know I get flack for what I am about to say .. I am fine with not being popular .... The SB years I use to here wow the other teams were killing us before half time what an adjustment at the half ... well I am not seeing this ...And I am not seeing domination either ....Look I get it we have NFL Coaches I am not trying to dog any of them !! I want to see some Sly Crap out of more than our DL Coach ..

I wish they would give Thompson a Chance IMO he is our only true zone RB . I think he is physical enough to make the difference . He is the only one that runs to daylight concisely .

Turner Showed the Whole League how to bitch slap us .. thing is I do trust the D side of the staff to plug the holes ..

I still am not as positive with the O side of the staff .. Yes they are smart but are they able to match in game I think that it is a no . I don't get why Elway has not addressed it ? He knows what I am talking about He probably can Address on the fly ... so I am not totally worried it will not get worked out with the staff we got .. Elway is probably our ace in the hole I never think about but you know he does have some say ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me I am willing to give this team some more patience especially on the Offensive side of the ball. We are 4-0 with our offense looking inconsistent at best. For me though I have loved that I am seeing just a little more each week. Week 1 our offense did truly look like one of the 3 worst offenses in the league. I would say now our offense is looking closer to middle of the pack. Honestly I thought the run game should have produced another 20-30 yards with some of the holes that were open for the runners. We just didn't quite get past that first arm tackle. We do that then this offense looks a lot better. Or that penalty for illegal formation on 3rd down around the goal line. Maybe that adds another 4 points to our score. If we are scoring 27 points a game then right there we are getting close to a top-10 type offense. So to me they are not that far away from being a good offense again. A few mistakes that need to be cleaned up and more than anything the turnovers have to stop. That again is another probably 10-14 point swing in that game. So I don't think we are as far off as some are making it out to be with this offense. Right now I am just happy with what I am seeing with the offense getting better and the defense not showing any signs of letting up.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get just as frustrated as the next guy when it comes to run production but some need to take into consideration the new rule that only allows teams 12 hrs a wks practice in full pads. Now maybe that doesn't effect vets so much but it certainly has to effect rookies and others who haven't had a lot of starting experience. It's a whole different game when you practice in shirt and shorts than in full pads and this young inexperienced line is still adjusting. More weight, constriction, fluidity,endurance, etc take time to adjust too and get acclimated with. The 12 hrs limit is effecting many teams O lines in particular who have young guys learning a system and getting comfortable with the workload and schemes thrown at them besides Denver. It's a work in progress and it's going to take teams with less experience on the line to gel. I have seen progress especially from a wk ago for sure. The holes are starting to be there and the backs need to hit them when there also. Being 4-0 with a offense that has struggled is awesome this early. Their only going get better as the season goes and if they stay healthy up front and in backfield, this group will be hitting on all cylinders come crunch time I believe. It's actually fun to watch them and see the growth each wks.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get just as frustrated as the next guy when it comes to run production but some need to take into consideration the new rule that only allows teams 12 hrs a wks practice in full pads. Now maybe that doesn't effect vets so much but it certainly has to effect rookies and others who haven't had a lot of starting experience. It's a whole different game when you practice in shirt and shorts than in full pads and this young inexperienced line is still adjusting. More weight, constriction, fluidity,endurance, etc take time to adjust too and get acclimated with. The 12 hrs limit is effecting many teams O lines in particular who have young guys learning a system and getting comfortable with the workload and schemes thrown at them besides Denver. It's a work in progress and it's going to take teams with less experience on the line to gel. I have seen progress especially from a wk ago for sure. The holes are starting to be there and the backs need to hit them when there also. Being 4-0 with a offense that has struggled is awesome this early. Their only going get better as the season goes and if they stay healthy up front and in backfield, this group will be hitting on all cylinders come crunch time I believe. It's actually fun to watch them and see the growth each wks.

Yes and No Gibbs had our OL blocking pretty damn good with players this staff threw away Because they were not of quality , in a LT and a Center we traded for picks .. Look I get it we are in a different system But Gibbs did give this staff a clue as to were they need to go to make this OL Run Block . He also showed us how to win teams like NE ... There was a reason Gibbs was pissed in the SB he was not getting listened to .. and Why he left a month latter was fox won the debate and I am sure Gibbs told them good fucking luck with that mess . He was right by the way ...

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all on tape during our SB run I sure hope this staff might pop in a few of those games !!! We have ran very few of those plays pisses me off to no end .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff is only good at best so fare I think our window is closing I hope someone of power jumps up and puts something to jam the thing open because I don't see dominance in any of the OL Play I hope I am wrong but IMO left like this one and Done.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prob be right with you Crash if this was wk 8.I don't think there's one person here that doesn't think Denver will be toast in postseason if they don't start running the ball and running it good. It's just to early to hit panic button just yet. Lots of things can happen good or bad that will probably dictate how this team will fare coming down the road. I will be optimistically rooting for Denver to figure this out in the meantime. :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very rarely gripe about officiating, but that call on Demaryius for turning and going into the endzone backwards was ridiculous

The "taunting" call is a very slippery slope