• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Holden Thorp is a Rubik's Cube master. LOL at this video, you'll need to go to about the 3:30 mark to see the good stuff. High comedy. This guy can keep up with 42 quintrillion combinations, but not one football coach. LOL

rubiks.jpg

6135_rubicks_cube_elizabeth_mendozap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Apparently Holden Thorp is a Rubik's Cube master. LOL at this video, you'll need to go to about the 3:30 mark to see the good stuff. High comedy. This guy can keep up with 42 quintrillion combinations, but not one football coach. LOL

rubiks.jpg

6135_rubicks_cube_elizabeth_mendozap.jpg

good find poop, thats funny as hell:globe:

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the posters over at packpride are about to blow the lid off this sucker. One of the posters has found a link between a "non-profit agency" in D.C. whose owner has a cell phone one digit off from MArvin Austin's. The numbers were paid for on the same cell phone plan and obtained the same day. The number is dialed by Blake in a pattern between, he, Wichard, Austin, Austin's high school coach, and this number. Ironically, the two cell phone plans were obtained about two weeks after Austin committed to UNC. In another twist, the "non-profit" has since been revoked of that status.
There's more in it, and I'm too busy to get to all of it right now, but this looks very bad for UNC. On top of it, other posters are now saying there is more corruption that could come out soon regarding the Swahili classes at UNC that brought down McAdoo.
The more I read, the more I think the death penalty could be a real possibility.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing, the address from the non-profit is directly across the street from Marvin Austin's mother's house. You can't make this stuff up.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like the posters over at packpride are about to blow the lid off this sucker. One of the posters has found a link between a "non-profit agency" in D.C. whose owner has a cell phone one digit off from MArvin Austin's. The numbers were paid for on the same cell phone plan and obtained the same day. The number is dialed by Blake in a pattern between, he, Wichard, Austin, Austin's high school coach, and this number. Ironically, the two cell phone plans were obtained about two weeks after Austin committed to UNC. In another twist, the "non-profit" has since been revoked of that status.
There's more in it, and I'm too busy to get to all of it right now, but this looks very bad for UNC. On top of it, other posters are now saying there is more corruption that could come out soon regarding the Swahili classes at UNC that brought down McAdoo.
The more I read, the more I think the death penalty could be a real possibility.

If anyone wants the Reader's Digest version, check out @TheInfoDrop on Twitter...this guy has been dropping a string of MAJOR BOMBS on this story! :boom:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What's the theory here? Is the Not-for-profit suppossed to a "bag man" to funnel money? That seems a pretty elaborate and risky scheme compared to a few bags of cash.

The Swahili class is probably horribly corrupt though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a report of high athlete enrollment and multiple counts of academic fraud. Had anyone else turned in that paper, there would have been serious issues. The professor either didn't review it, reviewed it and didn't care about the obvious issues, or knew all about the scam to begin with. Anyway you slice it, its doubtful this was isolated. To be brought out in the open by a rival's message board is sick.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's the theory here? Is the Not-for-profit suppossed to a "bag man" to funnel money? That seems a pretty elaborate and risky scheme compared to a few bags of cash.

The money involved was a lot more than just a few bags of cash. There were several UNC football players that were "persuaded" not to go pro prior to the 2010 season. Think about the money that may have been required to keep those guys from signing big-dollar contracts.

Keep in mind that Blake is an old hand at creating schemes designed to recruit blue-chip players undoubtedly bound for the NFL, and then to keep them happy at school until they can jump to the league.

The scheme apparently worked well until a certain cupcake-stuffing Tar Heel decided to tweet about his adventures. LOL!!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The money involved was a lot more than just a few bags of cash. There were several UNC football players that were "persuaded" not to go pro prior to the 2010 season. Think about the money that may have been required to keep those guys from signing big-dollar contracts.

Keep in mind that Blake is an old hand at creating schemes designed to recruit blue-chip players undoubtedly bound for the NFL, and then to keep them happy at school until they can jump to the league.

The scheme apparently worked well until a certain cupcake-stuffing Tar Heel decided to tweet about his adventures. LOL!!

I kinda discounted the others, but it seems logical that once the pay-for-play threshold is passed with Austin, they'd have to pay everyone. Actually that would make more sense, as far as the NFP usage, but wow that'd be SMU if not uncharted levels cheating. It'd also be subject to federal investigation and charges. It's not out of the realm of possibility. It just seems unthinkably huge for me right now, but I didn't see the BMFD firing coming in late July either.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

One more thing, the address from the non-profit is directly across the street from Marvin Austin's mother's house. You can't make this stuff up.

:music::pop2:Man these NC state fans are good. If i ever need an investigator for anything im going to let them know that a subscription to pack pride is a prerequisite.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

This was the rumor that i first heard when all this started happening (right after the cheesecake tweet) i never really heard much more about it, but in the beginning i thought this was what the investigation was focused on.

fwiw: 757 posted some threads from the disney board and i even mentioned it in one of those. When the investigation went another direction i thought that i just assumed i had been misinformed.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is crazy. If half the stuff coming out is true, they will be uber screwed:closed_2:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love it, every day there is a new development, how much cheating could possibly have been going on down there in chapel hill?? lol

i hope when the NCAA punishment comes in, Swofford recalls his thoughts on the integrity of the ACC that he held back when he was AD at UNC and called for a harsher punishment for Clemson when they got in trouble back in the day

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thought to ponder. IF UNC were to get the death penalty(though doubtful), that would put the ACC at 11 teams and no ACCCG. Would the ACC then pull in a 13th member to fulfill the 12 team requirement for a CG?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thought to ponder. IF UNC were to get the death penalty(though doubtful), that would put the ACC at 11 teams and no ACCCG. Would the ACC then pull in a 13th member to fulfill the 12 team requirement for a CG?

We should ask the Big 12....they are still having a CCG, right...

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Good question. Assuming, like SMU, that the death penalty would be a short term shutdown, I am positive that the ACC would request a one time waiver to the 12 team rule. It would be effective for only the period UNC was inelligible. I think it would have a reasonable chance of being approved based on the fact that the 11 schools would otherwise be severely punished for one school's actions. I can see other schools being sympathetic to the situation.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this, manalishi, the poster on packpride doing all the investigating on the non-profit agency, is now saying he has found the identity of Wah K. Chan --- Marvin Austin's mom. This is supposedly the person who was the "bag man," for funneling money.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Get this, manalishi, the poster on packpride doing all the investigating on the non-profit agency, is now saying he has found the identity of Wah K. Chan --- Marvin Austin's mom. This is supposedly the person who was the "bag man," for funneling money.

i wonder who will play big Marv when the movie comes out, becaus there is no way this mcuh drama doesnt make it to film.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If true, this is beyond damaging to the UNC football program and UNC itself.

One more question...was this a "rogue" operation that UNC can blame on Blake/Austin, or are there other sports programs at UNC using this model to funnel cash to athletes? Did Blake and Austin set up their plan based on an "everybody does it" environment at Chapel Hill?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honor Court to be reviewed | Reesenews

QUOTE:

"Last updated at 5:30 p.m., August 4
Police arrested a UNC-Chapel Hill alum on Wednesday in connection with a break-in discovered Monday morning at the student judicial system office, which houses the Honor Court.

Garrett Lee Haywood, 22, of Chapel Hill was charged with breaking and entering, larceny and possession of stolen goods. His bond was set at $2,500, and he was scheduled to appear in court Thursday afternoon."

....and....

"Officials won’t say if a break-in Monday morning to the student judicial system office, which houses the Honor Court, is related to the NCAA investigation or the Honor Court review.

Young refused to comment on whether the student files had anything in common or whether the building’s security had been stepped up since the break-in."

Okay, why did he commit the theft in the first place, and why did he take those specific files? There has to be some sort of rationale.