• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready for this? I was reading the PackPride board tonight and found this gem from one of their top posters:

Brakk
Posted: Yesterday 11:38 PM
Re: INSIDE CAROLINA: Butch Davis Has Been Fired

"Was checking my inbox tonight and someone send me a P.M. They said that when the Swahili class is audited and it will be they will find that the paper that Macadoo turned in will not be the first time that this paper was turned in as an original work. Also was told that this particular class had quite a few BB players that took it as well. More than Hansblow and Will Graves."

Okay, let's piece this one out...

"...when the Swahili class is audited and IT WILL BE..."

"...they will find that the paper that Macadoo turned in will NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS PAPER WAS TURNED IN AS AN ORIGINAL WORK."

"Also was told that THIS PARTICULAR CLASS HAD QUITE A FEW BB PLAYERS THAT TOOK IT AS WELL. More than Hansblow and Will Graves."

The firing of Butch Davis has not even come close to ending the pain in Chapel Hill. There is MUCH more to come!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baddour's gone.

InsideCarolina InsideCarolina
Thorp: Baddour will serve out his contract through next summer, but will step aside to allow the new AD to work.
8 minutes ago

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
InsideCarolina InsideCarolina
Thorp: "We will not be dismissing Coach Davis for cause."

WHAT!?!? This makes UNC look even worse! Incredible!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, wonder what all was really going on down there, lol

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis is going to get a lovely parting gift of $2.7 million.

Well, that'll keep his mouth shut for a couple of years.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they didn't fire him for cause why fire him? The whole point of firing him is to pin the blame on him and then get him gone to save face for the university. Now they are saying the issues are still here and a failure to monitor and loss if institutional control are looming even bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they didn't fire him for cause why fire him? The whole point of firing him is to pin the blame on him and then get him gone to save face for the university. Now they are saying the issues are still here and a failure to monitor and loss if institutional control are looming even bigger.

Bingo. Well said. The NCAA is not going to see this as a good first step toward solving their problems at UNC. What the heck are they thinking in those ivory towers on Chapel Hill??

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to set this program back epically. The timing could not have been worse for the current team. I do feel forthe players who did things the right way and are getting fucked, but well.....you knew what you were risking with Davis.

I am going to post a poll on the UNC board in a sec and would love everyones input.

Maybe I will just post it on the main board for traffic sake.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting new post by Brakk

"Okay take this FWIW but I did hear that he situation changed las week. From what one of my sources has passed on to me one of the media outlets approached the incoming BOT, Thorp and Baddour and said we have a story coming out do you want to comment ( which is a common courtesy) and they turned them down. Then it was passed on what the story would be about and then we know the rest of the story. I have a feeling that the media is getting ready to unleash a **** storm on UNC and they are trying to get ahead of the story. It will be quite interesting in the next couple of weeks. Lots of new angles being looked at. It is starting to go higher up the food chain."

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting new post by Brakk

"Okay take this FWIW but I did hear that he situation changed las week. From what one of my sources has passed on to me one of the media outlets approached the incoming BOT, Thorp and Baddour and said we have a story coming out do you want to comment ( which is a common courtesy) and they turned them down. Then it was passed on what the story would be about and then we know the rest of the story. I have a feeling that the media is getting ready to unleash a **** storm on UNC and they are trying to get ahead of the story. It will be quite interesting in the next couple of weeks. Lots of new angles being looked at. It is starting to go higher up the food chain."

Love Braak, WaffleIron, Wufwuf1, and manalishi on PackPride! Those guys have been money!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those wondering why Butch was fired now, it's primarily about the new board of trustees and the new chairman. The new members of the BOT were sworn in yesterday. I guess their first action is to immediately start cleaning the football program. First step was to fire Butch. The BOT was always split on whether or not to fire Butch, and with the new chairman and new members, it must have gone the anti-Butch way.

Campus Updates | Hargrove to chair Board of Trustees; new members take oath of office | The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just in case anyone's interested, here's Michael McAdoo's twitter name: @Macmane94.

Seems he is claiming to "be back", and conversing with his buddy @anchormanaustin.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another interesting tweet!

statefansnation statefansnation
@starnewsacc risk of a MAJOR 'Recruiting Prong' supported by donors seems to be growing by the day. It would decimate all future
34 minutes ago