• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Tweet regarding UNC

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very curious pair of tweets today...

anchormanaustin marvin austin
I know very well so that's why I said it...in due time the truth shall be free!!!!
52 minutes ago

izzykareem Ismael Byrd
The one thing I do know," Davis said, "is that @anchormanaustin knows is that I am completely ethical and that I always do the right thing."
3 hours ago

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tweet from earlier today:

ghostOFjimmyV Macgruber
Multiple phone records link UNC asst coach Sam Pittman to John Blake and Marvin Austin while he was in California with pro-tect mgmt
54 minutes ago

Pittman has just been named Associate Head Coach at UNC to go along with his Offensive Line responsibilities. If Davis is fired any time in the near future (possibly after the NCAA hearing in October), Pittman will take over the program.

FYI: Blake was Pittman's mentor at UNC...what does that tell you?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You cannot write this better as a script.

LOL!! No, you really can't!

Here's another tweet that's oh so sweet!

PackPridecom Pack Pride
by ghostOFjimmyV
More information posted about Blake's phone calls Scout.com: UNC-ch scandal: Blake phone record reboot.

8 minutes ago

Here's the link:

Scout.com: UNC-ch scandal: Blake phone record reboot.

And here's the leading post:

manalishi
Posted: Today 3:26 PM

UNC-ch scandal: Blake phone record reboot.

The 216 phone records will (supposedly) be released in the near future.
However, there are still a lot of questions from the old phone records (Blake and Baddour), and some particularly interesting trends -- and interesting questions that are drawn from those trends.

Some information:

It is known that Todd Amis, one of Marvin Austin's former high school assistant coaches, paid for Austin's flight out to California in 2009. (to train at Wichard's facility)
This has been reported in various media sources.

It's often been questioned and speculated who the "bag men" might have been in the whole "pay the players" scheme. In the case of Austin, at least, it wouldn't surprise me if it is, in fact, Amis.

Consider this: there is a phone number in Blake's phone records that is registered to a Carolyn Amis of Washington, DC. A decent assumption is that this is Todd Amis's wife.

In 2009, Blake had a conversation with Amis 80 times. Many of these conversations were within minutes of when Blake spoke with Gary Wichard.

In 2010, Blake had a conversation with Amis 69 times. Again, often within minutes of speaking with Wichard.

These were not simple cases of talking to a high school coach for recruiting purposes. In 2009, Blake spoke with Amis every single month -- including 11 times in December. Why might December be particularly important?

On January 4th, 2010, six of UNC's rising seniors announced they would be forgoing the NFL draft and returning for their senior seasons.

In 2010, Blake again spoke to Amis during every month from January through July (a lot in July... the birth of the NCAA investigation), but none in August -- and then twice in early September, prior to Blake's termination. Errr, resignation.

Studying the data:
Blake talks to Amis (former coach of Austin) multiple times a month, over a 2 year span.
Often times these calls are within minutes of talking to Wichard.
Amis is known to have paid for Austin's flight to Cali.

Was Amis the bag man? Was Wichard funneling money to Amis, who was then passing it on to either Blake and/or Austin?

And speaking of Wichard.
Some information:

Blake spoke with Wichard 356 times in 2009.
Blake spoke with Wichard 128 times in 2010.
My what good friends they were.
And just for good measure, Blake used his LAND LINE to speak to Wichard 19 times in 2009, and 7 times in 2010.
The last conversation was in early August -- about 2 weeks after the NCAA investigation had begun. No more calls after that.

And speaking of the beginning of the NCAA investigation...

On July 12-13, NCAA investigators interviewed some of the UNC football players regarding possible improper benefits from sports agents.

That first night, July 12th, Blake had a conversation with a number believed to be Marvin Austin's. It was at 11:22pm, and lasted for 31 minutes.
Immediately after that 31 minute call, Blake had a series of four brief conversations with Wichard.

And Todd Amis?
Blake spoke with HIM on 7/12 as well. Four times that afternoon... and then twice on the afternoon of 7/13... four times on 7/14... three times on 7/15... and so on.

Todd Amis -- the bag man?

More info to come -- including some interesting findings regarding UNC's new assistant head coach.... and Marvin Austin's possible role with recruits.

Tick-tock! Tick-tock!!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And here's manalishi's post on PackPride about Pittman (same link as noted in my previous post):

manalishi
Posted: Today 4:33 PM

Re: UNC-ch scandal: Blake phone record reboot.

Sam Pittman -- he has (within the past week, I believe) been announced as the new Assistant Head Coach.

Before getting into some data, a quick little quote, which came out shortly after Blake resigned last Fall:

/////

Jamar Lewter was among the UNC commitments that were closest with John Blake , who stepped down as associate head coach on Sunday.

“I don’t know why he did it,” Lewter said of Blake ’s resignation. “But it kind of makes me think twice [about UNC]. Now, I’m kind of uncertain. He was the main one recruiting me and now he’s gone. As long as [Butch Davis] is there and Coach [Sam] Pittman [remains], I really won’t have any problems going there. I’m still kind of shocked.”

/////

As many know, Pittman has worked with Blake before -- when Blake was the head coach at Oklahoma.

Regarding the phone contact between Blake and Pittman -- granted, coaches on the same staff communicate a lot, no doubt. This is to be expected.
But a quick look at the very beginning of Blake's phone records (from January 2009) detail a few interesting trends:

On January 4th, 2009, Blake and Pittman spoke for five minutes.
Immediately after, Blake spoke with Wichard for eleven minutes.

On January 9th, Blake spoke to Wichard three times starting at 9:16pm -- the last conversation at 9:37. Blake then spoke to Pittman at 9:38.

On January 20th, Blake spoke to Wichard seven times, and Pittman six times.

On January 21st, Blake spoke to Pittman at 3:59, and spoke to Wichard immediately after at 4:04pm. He spoke to Pittman twice more at 4:30pm. There were several other exchanges similar to this one on 1/22 and 1/23.

On January 27th, Blake spoke to Wichard for five minutes starting at 11:43am, and then called Pittman immediately afterwords.

Again -- while coaches will talk a lot about recruiting and other matters surrounding their football team, the timing of the calls between Blake/Wichard/Pittman are certainly interesting. Speaking to one of the men, and then the very next call being to the other? And having this pattern repeat itself several times?
And this is just a snapshot of ONE month.

What would the other months show, in terms of the call patterns between Blake & Wichard, and Blake and Pittman?

Next up: waiting to see how the data pans out, but possibly more on Marvin.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BOMBS AWAY!!!

From PackPride from the same guy who is working the phone timelines:

Scout.com: UNC-ch scandal: Blake info (7 additions); McAdoo contact; Suh?

manalishi
Posted: Today 8:50 AM

Re: UNC-ch scandal: Blake (#1, 7 additions); VT inside info?

** Here is the updated timeline, with calls between Blake and McAdoo.
Also, call information has been added from Norris McCleary.

McCleary was employed in the player-development program and was a conditioning assistant coach -- and then after Blake resigned in September he moved up to help with the defensive line.

Here is some more detailed phone information from when the NCAA initially arrived on UNC's campus, on July 12, 2010, to interview players...

These calls are from the afternoon of July 12th:

11:52am -- Blake receives a call from Norris McCleary -- 4 minutes

4:40pm -- Blake calls Todd Amis (Marvin's former H.S. asst. coach) -- 24 minutes
5:10pm -- Blake calls Todd Amis -- 1 minute
5:12pm -- Blake calls Norris McCleary -- 1 minute
5:13pm -- Blake calls a Fort Wayne, IN number -- 9 minutes

** No other information on this number at this time. However, Fort Wayne is where the sports agency Maximum Sports is located. Among their clients is Ndamukong Suh, with whom Blake has been connected (for supposedly contacting). Other clients of interest: Deunta Williams and MARVIN AUSTIN.

5:28pm -- McCleary calls Blake -- 2 minutes.
5:43pm -- Blake calls Michael McAdoo -- 4 minutes
6:19pm -- Blake calls McAdoo -- 5 minutes
6:26pm -- Blake calls Todd Amis -- 1 minute
6:27pm -- Blake calls Johnny Vines -- 1 minute
6:35pm -- Blake calls a number in Lincoln, Nebraska -- 9 minutes.
** See earlier note about Maximum Sports, and Ndamukong Suh.
8:07pm -- Blake calls McAdoo -- 5 minutes
8:23pm -- Vines calls Blake -- 6 minutes
10:39pm -- Blake calls McCleary -- 1 minute
10:55pm -- Blake calls McAdoo -- 3 minutes
11:22pm -- Marvin Austin calls Blake -- 31 minutes
11:52pm -- Blake calls Gary Wichard -- 1 minute
11:55pm -- Blake calls Gary Wichard -- 1 minute
11:56pm -- Wichard calls Blake -- 6 minutes
12:02am (7/13) -- Blake calls Wichard -- 1 minute

** There are a flurry of other calls on the evening of July 12th, but not all of them are identified yet. Some could be important. One location is a CPA in California, for example. Other unidentified numbers from Durham, Chapel Hill, Oklahoma, and so forth.

Next up: the calls/events of July 13th, the second day of the NCAA interviews.
** This update will be added to the first post of this thread.

And yes, a poster by the name of FloydHokie tossed in a grenade in this thread, and I also joined the fun! LOL!! Weeeeee!!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's an EXCELLENT poster to follow on Twitter to get an up-to-date summary of the UNC investigation: @TheInfoDrop. Go directly to the page of @TheInfoDrop and start reading the tweets...tons of information!

https://twitter.com/#!/TheInfoDrop

For instance:

TheInfoDrop The Info Drop
@ArmstrongWTVD SOS Elaine Marshall's office has told him they are truly engaged in an 'ongoing investigation' (Blake, Wichard, Amis, etc)
2 hours ago

SOS = Secretary of State, in this case, that of North Carolina.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an EXCELLENT poster to follow on Twitter to get an up-to-date summary of the UNC investigation: @TheInfoDrop. Go directly to the page of @TheInfoDrop and start reading the tweets...tons of information!

https://twitter.com/#!/TheInfoDrop

For instance:

TheInfoDrop The Info Drop
@ArmstrongWTVD SOS Elaine Marshall's office has told him they are truly engaged in an 'ongoing investigation' (Blake, Wichard, Amis, etc)
2 hours ago

SOS = Secretary of State, in this case, that of North Carolina.

love the dude's avatar too....LMAO

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quote from IC by a poster with over 10,000 posts:

"I've been in the Rams Club for 35 years and this is it for me. I have been watching UNC rebuild every 5 years since Tatum died. It's ridiculous! F UNC and F Baddour and Thorpe. You will get no more of my money and I hope the program just crumbles completely."

Hahahahaha!!!!!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I found this article by Pat Forde about the Davis firing to be very good....well worth the time to read it.

North Carolina Tar Heels football coach Butch Davis dismissed - ESPN

QUOTE:

"Whatever the reason, North Carolina owes everyone an explanation. And it better be a good one.

It owes Davis an explanation of why it put him through the dog-and-pony show in Pinehurst just days earlier. It owes the players who are on the cusp of starting the season an explanation of why their plans are now scrambled -- for the second year in a row. (If you're a North Carolina player who hasn't done anything wrong in terms of taking extra benefits or committing academic fraud, how happy are you tonight?) And it owes the fans who have pumped money into season tickets for 2011 an explanation for why this trap door was yanked open now, instead of last December or January."

Boom!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ready for this? I was reading the PackPride board tonight and found this gem from one of their top posters:

Brakk
Posted: Yesterday 11:38 PM
Re: INSIDE CAROLINA: Butch Davis Has Been Fired

"Was checking my inbox tonight and someone send me a P.M. They said that when the Swahili class is audited and it will be they will find that the paper that Macadoo turned in will not be the first time that this paper was turned in as an original work. Also was told that this particular class had quite a few BB players that took it as well. More than Hansblow and Will Graves."

Okay, let's piece this one out...

"...when the Swahili class is audited and IT WILL BE..."

"...they will find that the paper that Macadoo turned in will NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS PAPER WAS TURNED IN AS AN ORIGINAL WORK."

"Also was told that THIS PARTICULAR CLASS HAD QUITE A FEW BB PLAYERS THAT TOOK IT AS WELL. More than Hansblow and Will Graves."

The firing of Butch Davis has not even come close to ending the pain in Chapel Hill. There is MUCH more to come!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few facts and thoughts:

1) Butch isn't the only one getting kicked to the curb. A pretty much total overhaul is coming. Few staff are being kept and those that are might even leave. They are having difficulty deciding and finding a replacement in-house.
2) While its a good thing Butch is gone, remember he was an awful coach. They wont get the Urban Meyer or John Gruden that IC seems to think they can (who would want to go coach at a school about to get hit hard?), but they may find a better gameday coach then Butch.
3) This event does nothing with losing last years recruits. They are staying at UNC. They have to unless they want to sit out a year. The only way they can go anywhere is IF the NCAA lowers the boom, which they will, and IF the NCAA grants them, and IF they decide they wanted to. Keep in mind a lot of these UNC players seem to have a NFL mindset and not much interest in college football. That is apparent.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A few facts and thoughts:

1) Butch isn't the only one getting kicked to the curb. A pretty much total overhaul is coming. Few staff are being kept and those that are might even leave. They are having difficulty deciding and finding a replacement in-house.
2) While its a good thing Butch is gone, remember he was an awful coach. They wont get the Urban Meyer or John Gruden that IC seems to think they can (who would want to go coach at a school about to get hit hard?), but they may find a better gameday coach then Butch.
3) This event does nothing with losing last years recruits. They are staying at UNC. They have to unless they want to sit out a year. The only way they can go anywhere is IF the NCAA lowers the boom, which they will, and IF the NCAA grants them, and IF they decide they wanted to. Keep in mind a lot of these UNC players seem to have a NFL mindset and not much interest in college football. That is apparent.
They may pull in a small time coach to get them through the down time that the NCAA is going to put on them (much like USC did with Kiffin) and then after the restrictions are lifted they could bring in a good coach. The NCAA could effect the UNC program for about 5-8 years depending on what they decide to do

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice jab at Kiffin :) Rumors suggest UNC AD, Baddour, is next in line. :wave: