• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Side Stat

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season the Seahawks have really physically beat up on their opponents. So much so, that Seahawks opponents are 0-6 the week after playing Seattle.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it. We'll have to see how long that trend lasts.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like the trend might end today with the Cardinals thumping the Falcons right now. AZ, did have plenty of rest.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Hawks

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the streak of teams losing the following week comes to an end with the Cards beating the Falcons...I never would have guessed this one, but on the other hand, I can't wait for the Hawks to play ATL, they look like a real dumpster fire right now.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the streak of teams losing the following week comes to an end with the Cards beating the Falcons...I never would have guessed this one, but on the other hand, I can't wait for the Hawks to play ATL, they look like a real dumpster fire right now.

Yeah, that Arizona vs. Atlanta game had "Atlanta win" written all over it before the season, but they're a shell of their former selves right now. New Orleans should have that division locked up by the middle of December at the latest.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting stat....
The Seahawks are 18-8 on MNF. That is a .692 win pct. which is the best in MNF history. We have also won our last 6 MNF games. Lets keep it going!!!!!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that Arizona vs. Atlanta game had "Atlanta win" written all over it before the season, but they're a shell of their former selves right now. New Orleans should have that division locked up by the middle of December at the latest.

Perfect example of a team that got old QUICK.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of a team that got old QUICK.

If they got old quick, then Seattle has to win the Super Bowl this season. Their average age for players on the team is 26 (Seattle is 25.4) and only have 2 offensive starters who is over 30 years old and 3 defensive starters. I mean, even though their starting TE is 15 years older than our's (Gonzalez to Willson) and their kicker is 10 years older than ours (Bryant and Hauschka), really doesn't make them much older than the Seahawks.

I think that like most top tier teams, their injuries have affected them, as well as a drop off in those "luck" plays that are hard to plan around. I mean, you've had key players miss time (Roddy White, Julio Jones, Sam Baker, Sean Weatherspoon, Steven Jackson, etc.) Add that to the fact that they've already given up more passing TDs this year than last (they allowed the fewest passing TDs in the league last year) and they aren't intercepting the ball like they did last year (they were 5th in INTs last year and 25th this year). They give up a lot of yards (24th last year, 21st this year) but they don't get the turnover like they did last year. Something similar happened to the 2010 Saints when they went from 2nd in the league in TOs (3rd in INTS) in 2009 to 20th (32nd) in 2010. Atlanta went from 5th in TOs last year to currently 28th, which has resulted in more points this year (26.3 compared to 18.7 last year).

*all stats according to pro-football-reference.com

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they got old quick, then Seattle has to win the Super Bowl this season. Their average age for players on the team is 26 (Seattle is 25.4) and only have 2 offensive starters who is over 30 years old and 3 defensive starters. I mean, even though their starting TE is 15 years older than our's (Gonzalez to Willson) and their kicker is 10 years older than ours (Bryant and Hauschka), really doesn't make them much older than the Seahawks.

I think that like most top tier teams, their injuries have affected them, as well as a drop off in those "luck" plays that are hard to plan around. I mean, you've had key players miss time (Roddy White, Julio Jones, Sam Baker, Sean Weatherspoon, Steven Jackson, etc.) Add that to the fact that they've already given up more passing TDs this year than last (they allowed the fewest passing TDs in the league last year) and they aren't intercepting the ball like they did last year (they were 5th in INTs last year and 25th this year). They give up a lot of yards (24th last year, 21st this year) but they don't get the turnover like they did last year. Something similar happened to the 2010 Saints when they went from 2nd in the league in TOs (3rd in INTS) in 2009 to 20th (32nd) in 2010. Atlanta went from 5th in TOs last year to currently 28th, which has resulted in more points this year (26.3 compared to 18.7 last year).

*all stats according to pro-football-reference.com

Thanks for the info blstoker, I was actually aware of their age, the comment should've said "they played like they are getting old QUICK." TBH, I don't really know what's up with them, they just got bad really fast.

Perhaps they are unlucky as well, even with the key players at the beginning of the season, they still lost some games. However, the games that they lost could've easily been wins as well since the margin of defeat was not large, with the exception of yesterday's game. Those close games could've easily been victories for them.