• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Article

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stunning demise of the 49ers' should've-been dynasty

The tumbling row of dominoes that has the 49ers in their current predicament would have been unthinkable before last year. I believe it all started much earlier though with the rush to judgement about kaepernick's talent level.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stunning demise of the 49ers' should've-been dynasty

The tumbling row of dominoes that has the 49ers in their current predicament would have been unthinkable before last year. I believe it all started much earlier though with the rush to judgement about kaepernick's talent level.

Another lame article. The writer's opening point and ending point is that this team was a future dynasty before last season. He is making the point as if this was a team full of 25 year old all pros that left. This team had a nice run, but couldn't close out with this core group. Due to old age and the salary cap the team is having turnover this year. It happens to every good team eventually in the NFL. The teams that stay competitive over the long haul are teams that draft well and know how to manage the cap properly and use free agency wisely.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of a misnomer to say Willis and Borland were both starters. Both starting caliber, certainly, but with a healthy Bowman, only one of those two actually starts for us. I was a bit surprised with some of the stats about our success over the past few years, but this story is old news. I think people are jumping to write us off a bit prematurely, though. I think the offense could go out now and be improved, even with the losses, simply by using an improved tempo and playing more to Kap's strengths.

The D could certainly take a step back, but I'm not sold that they will. We were absolutely mauled on D last year in terms of injuries. If we consider twelve starters, counting both NT and nickel back as a "starter," we had five defensive starters miss at least seven games to injury, and another lose nine games to suspension. Dorsey was effectively a starter (real toss-up between him and Williams as to who would have started if both were healthy), and he missed the whole season. Combine those guys, and you're talking about losing 79 starts. And that's to say nothing of losing guys like our starting LDE for two games, our fourth CB (Cook), our fourth ILB (Borland). That's not going to happen this year.

I think this season could be very interesting, and I'm looking forward to surprising some people.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lame article. The writer's opening point and ending point is that this team was a future dynasty before last season. He is making the point as if this was a team full of 25 year old all pros that left. This team had a nice run, but couldn't close out with this core group. Due to old age and the salary cap the team is having turnover this year. It happens to every good team eventually in the NFL. The teams that stay competitive over the long haul are teams that draft well and know how to manage the cap properly and use free agency wisely.
It was much more than that in my opinion. The turmoil resulting from the inflated egos of the front office and the head coach and installing Kaepernick as the starting QB killed any chance they had of long-term success.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was much more than that in my opinion. The turmoil resulting from the inflated egos of the front office and the head coach and installing Kaepernick as the starting QB killed any chance they had of long-term success.

???. Alex Smith was the starter before Kaepernick and Smith was not a better option. Inflated egos? Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???. Alex Smith was the starter before Kaepernick and Smith was not a better option. Inflated egos? Not sure what that has to do with anything.
Inflated egos: The two sides could not co-exist and this caused the best coach the 49ers have had since Bill Walsh to leave.

Kaepernick: In my opinion he was always a temporary fix. He is a gimmick QB, a one trick pony. Once teams learned how to defend him he was awful. Just like Tebow.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inflated egos: The two sides could not co-exist and this caused the best coach the 49ers have had since Bill Walsh to leave.

Kaepernick: In my opinion he was always a temporary fix. He is a gimmick QB, a one trick pony. Once teams learned how to defend him he was awful. Just like Tebow.

We don't know what ultimately caused Harbaugh to leave. There is alot of speculation. There were coaching issues with Harbaugh that weren't being addressed. Your analysis of Kaepernick is very simplistic and while he struggled last year, it wasn't just on him and it is not that simple.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a huge fan of Kap but I wouldn't compare him to Tebow ..ever. Kap can actually throw a football correctly. He has the skills to be a quality QB in the NFL (unlike Tebow) . I'll give Kap this one last season before I give up on him as a viable QB of the future for the 9ers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what ultimately caused Harbaugh to leave. There is alot of speculation. There were coaching issues with Harbaugh that weren't being addressed. Your analysis of Kaepernick is very simplistic and while he struggled last year, it wasn't just on him and it is not that simple.
I think it is a safe bet that there was a power struggle with credit being sought by opposing camps and Harbaugh lost that struggle; to the detriment of the team in my opinion.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of Kap but I wouldn't compare him to Tebow ..ever. Kap can actually throw a football correctly. He has the skills to be a quality QB in the NFL (unlike Tebow) . I'll give Kap this one last season before I give up on him as a viable QB of the future for the 9ers.
Kaepernick is better than Tebow but he is a one trick pony like Tebow was; just a better one. But saing he "throws correctly" I would not agree with. I think it is one of his biggest drawbacks as a passer in fact. They've tried to change that motion but he seems to revert right back to it in the heat of battle.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a safe bet that there was a power struggle with credit being sought by opposing camps and Harbaugh lost that struggle; to the detriment of the team in my opinion.

I don't think it is a safe bet. It is a stretch and there isn't anything out there that supports the theory. It isn't any more plausible than any of the other theories. There were also theories that Harbaugh refused to make changes to his offensive staff.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick is better than Tebow but he is a one trick pony like Tebow was; just a better one. But saing he "throws correctly" I would not agree with. I think it is one of his biggest drawbacks as a passer in fact. They've tried to change that motion but he seems to revert right back to it in the heat of battle.

It is a bit too early to come to that conclusion, He has only attended the OTAs since his brief offseason workout and is back in Arizona working with Giles in Arizona.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Not really. The Niners never tried to change his motion. This offseason Kap did try to change his motion. Let's see if it takes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is a safe bet. It is a stretch and there isn't anything out there that supports the theory. It isn't any more plausible than any of the other theories. There were also theories that Harbaugh refused to make changes to his offensive staff.
Of course there is. Harbaugh's own words and the incredibly lame excuses for his departure brought forth by Jed York and his GM.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a bit too early to come to that conclusion, He has only attended the OTAs since his brief offseason workout and is back in Arizona working with Giles in Arizona.
No. They worked on it in the off season before last season. They tried to shorten his arm drawback and improve his poor footwork.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The Niners never tried to change his motion. This offseason Kap did try to change his motion. Let's see if it takes.
Not only his motion but his footwork

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there is. Harbaugh's own words and the incredibly lame excuses for his departure brought forth by Jed York and his GM.

Harbaugh has never been forthcoming about anything. No one has come out given any versions that supports your theory

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No. They worked on it in the off season before last season. They tried to shorten his arm drawback and improve his poor footwork.

Who is "they"? The coaching staff? Do you have any articles, etc. to support that? I don't recall reading or seeing anything about that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is "they"? The coaching staff? Do you have any articles, etc. to support that? I don't recall reading or seeing anything about that.

I haven't seen anything on that either. kapernick did not go outside of the organization that I heard of before this year and nothing I've read about the coaching staff spending time on this.