• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting Article

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has never been forthcoming about anything. No one has come out given any versions that supports your theory
Harbaugh said the brass stopped talking to him and when they were talking to the new coach to be, they would stop talking when Harbaugh arrived.
Harbaugh brought some of this on himself but clearly there was dysfunction among the leadership group. Jed York's absurdly lame comments announcing Harbaugh's departure are all the proof I need. You don't get rid of a guy who wins 43 games in 4 years unless there is some serious dysfunction between that coach and the ownership.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Giles has been working on his footwork. That has been evident from the videos
Its possible I could be wrong about the time frame but if they were not working on that extremely poor footwork before last season then someone should have been fired.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is "they"? The coaching staff? Do you have any articles, etc. to support that? I don't recall reading or seeing anything about that.
I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard that the coaches wanted to shorten Kaepernick's throwing motion and improve his footwork.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything on that either. kapernick did not go outside of the organization that I heard of before this year and nothing I've read about the coaching staff spending time on this.
Then its no wonder they got fired. His throwing motion was bad and his footwork was awful.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh said the brass stopped talking to him and when they were talking to the new coach to be, they would stop talking when Harbaugh arrived.
Harbaugh brought some of this on himself but clearly there was dysfunction among the leadership group. Jed York's absurdly lame comments announcing Harbaugh's departure are all the proof I need. You don't get rid of a guy who wins 43 games in 4 years unless there is some serious dysfunction between that coach and the ownership.

York did have some lame comments. He had a disaster of a press conference as he wasn't prepared to discuss the reasons for Habaugh's firing although he did hint there were issues with members of his coaching staff and we all know who that was.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible I could be wrong about the time frame but if they were not working on that extremely poor footwork before last season then someone should have been fired.

I wanted harbaugh to stay provided he made changes to the coaching staff. Harbaugh won alot of games with alot of help from the defense. Harbaugh was touted as a QB whisperer and is supposed to be an offensive minded coach. For all that reputation, the offense has been going downhill. During Harbaugh's entire tenure, the team had continual problems getting plays in on time. You had a dysfunctional offense setup with three different offensive coaches calling plays. We had a WR coach in Morton who failed to develop any WR prospects. Yet, Harbaugh was too stubborn to make any changes to the system

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I recall that statement as being slightly different, alluding more to Tomsula getting uncomfortable around Harbaugh, but that had nothing to do with the FO talking to Tomsula behind Harbaugh's back.

No argument here on the lame comments. I wonder if Harbaugh's style is sustainable at the NFL level, though. He may need a fresh group of guys ever couple years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

No argument here. I'm on the record as being irritated that Kap worked at "athletes" camps his first two offseasons after becoming the starter instead of getting into more of a passing camp. I think that was poor judgment on his part and the coaching staff's part. At least he's trying to make some changes now. Let's see the product on the field before we jump on the "he can't do it" bandwagon.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wanted harbaugh to stay provided he made changes to the coaching staff. Harbaugh won alot of games with alot of help from the defense. Harbaugh was touted as a QB whisperer and is supposed to be an offensive minded coach. For all that reputation, the offense has been going downhill. During Harbaugh's entire tenure, the team had continual problems getting plays in on time. You had a dysfunctional offense setup with three different offensive coaches calling plays. We had a WR coach in Morton who failed to develop any WR prospects. Yet, Harbaugh was too stubborn to make any changes to the system

I was very upset about how the team handled the Harbaugh firing and its immediate aftermath. Good coaches are hard to find, and Harbaugh is a good coach. But there are PLENTY of fair criticisms of the product on the field. This year we needed the offense to step up as the D suffered one blow after another. Instead, the offense crumbled. The recurring problems with play clock and developing offensive players have to fall largely at Harbaugh's feet. At the end of the day, the team didn't make the changes it desperately needed to, and we fell apart as a result.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At first I thought was a Singletary thing but when it continued under Harbaugh I knew it was a systemic problem. Under Harbaugh I think it had a lot to do with the play coming in from the OC through Harbaugh before it got to Kaepernick instead of going dirtectly from the OC to the QB.
I agree, Harbaugh's downfall was a result of his ego and his stubborness.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall that statement as being slightly different, alluding more to Tomsula getting uncomfortable around Harbaugh, but that had nothing to do with the FO talking to Tomsula behind Harbaugh's back.

No argument here on the lame comments. I wonder if Harbaugh's style is sustainable at the NFL level, though. He may need a fresh group of guys ever couple years.
Yep. College is his game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here. I'm on the record as being irritated that Kap worked at "athletes" camps his first two offseasons after becoming the starter instead of getting into more of a passing camp. I think that was poor judgment on his part and the coaching staff's part. At least he's trying to make some changes now. Let's see the product on the field before we jump on the "he can't do it" bandwagon.
I'm not sure we'll get an accurate picture of what Kapernick can do this year because the offensive line is in such disarray. he's going to be jumpy in the pocket and running for his life most of the time and He won't have the deep running attack to bail him out either with Gore, Iupati and Davis gone.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure we'll get an accurate picture of what Kapernick can do this year because the offensive line is in such disarray. he's going to be jumpy in the pocket and running for his life most of the time and He won't have the deep running attack to bail him out either with Gore, Iupati and Davis gone.

I don't know that the OL will be any worse than it was last year. Jonathan Martin was a disaster, Boone really struggled early on, and Iupati's pass blocking was bad. Anthony Davis struggled when he was able to actually get on the field. And Marcus Martin was overwhelmed as a rookie. I think the OL could be comparable or even better - at least at pass blocking - this season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was very upset about how the team handled the Harbaugh firing and its immediate aftermath. Good coaches are hard to find, and Harbaugh is a good coach. But there are PLENTY of fair criticisms of the product on the field. This year we needed the offense to step up as the D suffered one blow after another. Instead, the offense crumbled. The recurring problems with play clock and developing offensive players have to fall largely at Harbaugh's feet. At the end of the day, the team didn't make the changes it desperately needed to, and we fell apart as a result.

there was no good way to handle his firing. it was very unusual because not only was he a winning coach, but one that reached the NFC Championship and SB. Only losing coaches - the far majority - are easy to fire.

wasn't Harbaugh the first one to look elsewhere (Cleveland)? From Harbaugh's side, is this handling it well?

the aftermath isn't something Baalke can control.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link to this?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You figured this out how? Have you even been keeping up the team and it's progress? Iupati?!?! :L

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that the OL will be any worse than it was last year. Jonathan Martin was a disaster, Boone really struggled early on, and Iupati's pass blocking was bad. Anthony Davis struggled when he was able to actually get on the field. And Marcus Martin was overwhelmed as a rookie. I think the OL could be comparable or even better - at least at pass blocking - this season.
Ha ha! I guess you are right, how could it be? But I'm not sure how it gets any better when all those starters are gone and the replacements who couldn't beat those guys out last year are going to be the starters now. You sure do keep a positive outlook, I'll say that for you.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
there was no good way to handle his firing. it was very unusual because not only was he a winning coach, but one that reached the NFC Championship and SB. Only losing coaches - the far majority - are easy to fire.

wasn't Harbaugh the first one to look elsewhere (Cleveland)? From Harbaugh's side, is this handling it well?

the aftermath isn't something Baalke can control.

I agree there wasn't a good way to handle the firing, but the way Jed handled is was embarrassing to him and the franchise. You call a spade a spade: they fired him because he was insubordinate, impossible to get along with, and the product on the field was suffering, particularly in his area of specialty. You take the tons of flak that the national and local media heap on you for getting rid of the most successful coach you've had since the mid-90s, and then you move on. That's not what they did.

Re: Cleveland, I'm not sure who was the driving force for that one, whether it Cleveland, the Niners, or Harbaugh. Or, perhaps more likely, some combination of the three. I'd be at least somewhat surprised if Harbaugh was the guy who started it all, though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You figured this out how? Have you even been keeping up the team and it's progress? Iupati?!?! :L
Seems reasonable that if he was jumpy and fled the pocket early with an All Pro O line, it'll be even worse with new people who have not worked together. No more Gore is even going to put more emphasis on Kaepernick's play as well.