• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Input Needed: trade about to be vetoed

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why most of us prefer leagues with NO VETO at all... which this league should have since there is already a penalty in place for sucking...

Some leagues have "non" veto privileges?"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to update everyone.

The trade was 1 vote shy of the total needed for veto an hour before the deadline. The mob that was pushing for the veto talked another owner who had previously come out strongly in favor of letting the deal stand to change his vote. Trade is dead.

Interestingly, trades need 7 vetos to get killed. The original 6 were the teams 2nd-7th in the standings. NOBODY provided any reasoning whatsoever as to why they voted as they did, but the truth is obvious.

The owner who changed his vote offered me Blackmon and Sam Dyson for Carrasco and Syndergaard this morning. I took it, and feel bad about doing so. My former trade partner was not pleased, but I felt that I could not waste time haggling with him, when the deal might just get vetoed again anyway. I can't afford to wait around to deal Syndergaard. He could hit the DL any time now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to update everyone.

The trade was 1 vote shy of the total needed for veto an hour before the deadline. The mob that was pushing for the veto talked another owner who had previously come out strongly in favor of letting the deal stand to change his vote. Trade is dead.

Interestingly, trades need 7 vetos to get killed. The original 6 were the teams 2nd-7th in the standings. NOBODY provided any reasoning whatsoever as to why they voted as they did, but the truth is obvious.

The owner who changed his vote offered me Blackmon and Sam Dyson for Carrasco and Syndergaard this morning. I took it, and feel bad about doing so. My former trade partner was not pleased, but I felt that I could not waste time haggling with him, when the deal might just get vetoed again anyway. I can't afford to wait around to deal Syndergaard. He could hit the DL any time now.

You should copy and paste my post.....

Then quit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should copy and paste my post.....

Then quit.

I did put a link to this thread on the league message board. Not sure if anybody read it or not. Doesn't matter. They were acting on their own self interest.

This was the second trade vetoed in 8 years. Just 3 weeks ago, one of the dumbasses who vetoed me dealt Giancarlo Stanton straight up for Odebel freaking Herrera. Not one word on that one. The difference was that the team getting Stanton was in last.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did put a link to this thread on the league message board. Not sure if anybody read it or not. Doesn't matter. They were acting on their own self interest.

This was the second trade vetoed in 8 years. Just 3 weeks ago, one of the dumbasses who vetoed me dealt Giancarlo Stanton straight up for Odebel freaking Herrera. Not one word on that one. The difference was that the team getting Stanton was in last.

Wow. Sounds like I was right on the money. Sour grapes. I couldn't handle that.

Hope Blackmon goes 30-30 in the second half!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You simply send a memo to the entire league on your website home page.........."Most of you either ignored or rejected my trade offers over the past three weeks. Vetoing trades is the reason most leagues fail and eventually fold. Don't punish two owners for finding common ground because you refused to do the same."

You're only pointing out that every owner you initially tried to cut a deal with wasn't interested.

The biggest crybabies are the guys in 2nd and 3rd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You simply send a memo to the entire league on your website home page.........."Most of you either ignored or rejected my trade offers over the past three weeks. Vetoing trades is the reason most leagues fail and eventually fold. Don't punish two owners for finding common ground because you refused to do the same."

You're only pointing out that every owner you initially tried to cut a deal with wasn't interested.

The biggest crybabies are the guys in 2nd and 3rd.

Believe me Ken, I did just that.

I mentioned there was one other veto in my 8 years. I have to admit, I was the most vocal opponent on that one. It was so bad though. Last year, team in the middle of the pack deals:

Dee Gordon
Kenley Jansen
Cody Allen

For

David Oritz
Austin Jackson
And a terrible reliever with an ERA over 5

To his best friend who was in 2nd place, but well behind me. This deal happened soon after Gordon returned from injury and before Ortiz's second half streak. Every player moving to the better team had more trade value at the time, and he made 0 effort to shop his players around.

The owners involved in that trade were the most vocal opponents of this one. Clearly, they were killing two birds with 1 stone. Get back at me and hold down their main competition this year.