• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries and the new rules

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Swearinger hit was dirty. If you look at that kid when he was in college, he always went for the high knockout shot, thats what he was known for. If a safety cant hit a TE high, how is he supposed to get him on the ground? I dont have their dimensions, but I would bet Keller has 40-50 pounds on Swearinger. Swearinger's job was to put him on the ground without going high, and thats what he did

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fastfoward I think it's worth looking into that's all I'm saying. It's too early to say that's the reason your right. I will agree on that, but I believe that it will prove to be the case. As far as the players making the rules I didn't mean that How I said it. What I mean is one guy and the owners should not be the lone governing body. All parties should be included Players union, Owners, and a safety committee. I hate how they pin these Concussions on the NFL alone. What about the accumulation of hits from pee-wee all the way up to college. How does the NFL bare the full burden.

I believe these guys should be taken care of fairly when their careers end, but I also believe these current players should have to sign waivers and shouldn't be allowed to sue. These guys should know what they are getting into and the league should educate them. Injuries are part of the game. My job is dangerous i'm a Firefighter in the 4th largest department in the nation. I understand and have to except that the chances are great that I could die in a fire are my life at 60 could be very different then the avg person my age. Out side of neglect can I sue the FD no way those are the rules of engagement. I choose and am blessed to have this career and have to live with what ever happens.